Leighton Denny TSV - 17/08/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Leighton Denny 12 Piece Expert Nail Collection.
Today's Special Value Price £29.92
QVC Price £36.25
Item Number 221369
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.95

Colour and care for your nails with this Leighton Denny collection. It showcases four new shades and four best-selling polishes to take you from season to season. You can also maintain that salon-quality finish with four full-size treatment products. There's Essential Remover to take off polish quickly; Undercover, a matte-finish base coat to create the perfect foundation; Crystal Finish, a hard-wearing top coat and Slick Tips to help moisturise dry nails and cuticles. Plus, keep those ridges at bay and cuticles tidy with the trio buffer and hoof stick.

Contains:

•8 x High Performance Nail Colours (4.6ml)
•1 x Essential Remover (50ml)
•1 x Undercover (12ml)
•1 x Crystal Finish (12ml)
•1 x Slick Tips (12ml)
•1 x Trio Buffer
•1 x Hoof stick

Nail colours include:

•My Fair Fuchsia (fuchsia)
•Mauve Over (mauve)
•Gorgeous Grape (purple)
•Chiffon (pink)
•Viva La Diva (red)
•Just Perfect (pinky peach)
•Supermodel (taupe)
•Creme de la Creme (natural)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.221369

Leighton Denny 12 Piece Expert Nail Collection.
Today's Special Value Price £29.92
QVC Price £36.25
Item Number 221369
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.95

Colour and care for your nails with this Leighton Denny collection. It showcases four new shades and four best-selling polishes to take you from season to season. You can also maintain that salon-quality finish with four full-size treatment products. There's Essential Remover to take off polish quickly; Undercover, a matte-finish base coat to create the perfect foundation; Crystal Finish, a hard-wearing top coat and Slick Tips to help moisturise dry nails and cuticles. Plus, keep those ridges at bay and cuticles tidy with the trio buffer and hoof stick.

Contains:

•8 x High Performance Nail Colours (4.6ml)
•1 x Essential Remover (50ml)
•1 x Undercover (12ml)
•1 x Crystal Finish (12ml)
•1 x Slick Tips (12ml)
•1 x Trio Buffer
•1 x Hoof stick

Nail colours include:

•My Fair Fuchsia (fuchsia)
•Mauve Over (mauve)
•Gorgeous Grape (purple)
•Chiffon (pink)
•Viva La Diva (red)
•Just Perfect (pinky peach)
•Supermodel (taupe)
•Creme de la Creme (natural)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.221369

Available on auto delivery 222 584

A good way to remove staining from nails is to soak them in a small bowl of water with a denture cleaning tablet dissolved in it.

Fortunately I am not tempted by this TSV as I don't like mini nail polishes - too fiddly for me! Just as well as I have waaay too many polishes any way :grin:

Oooh as I predicted my f.a.r.t.ing resolve is being sorely tested this morning. I can get on with mini bottles, am just about to run out of Slick Tips and the Nails Inc clear polish I've been using, and have wanted to try Supermodel for ages. I haven't watched the full presentation but caught a glimpse of it just now and saw images of the Auto Delivery and I fear that the next kit has the other two colours I've wanted to try for ages, Caught Red Handed and Jail Bird. Daft question, but can you get just a subsequent kit of an AD or is that only possible if you have bought the initial one? I seem to recall number two or three of a Yankee AD kit appearing as a stand alone product once...

I really need to save all my pennies for my garage conversion. Perhaps if I painted one of the walls with a strip each of all of the shades I could a) claim it's a household purchase b) call it modern art? :cheeky:

Oooh as I predicted my f.a.r.t.ing resolve is being sorely tested this morning. I can get on with mini bottles, am just about to run out of Slick Tips and the Nails Inc clear polish I've been using, and have wanted to try Supermodel for ages. I haven't watched the full presentation but caught a glimpse of it just now and saw images of the Auto Delivery and I fear that the next kit has the other two colours I've wanted to try for ages, Caught Red Handed and Jail Bird. Daft question, but can you get just a subsequent kit of an AD or is that only possible if you have bought the initial one? I seem to recall number two or three of a Yankee AD kit appearing as a stand alone product once...

I really need to save all my pennies for my garage conversion. Perhaps if I painted one of the walls with a strip each of all of the shades I could a) claim it's a household purchase b) call it modern art? :cheeky:

Like the interior design excuse, hun!!!!! Deffo a viable one.

Think you can get round your dilemma by doing auto delivery, sending 1st lot back for refund on that (you'll probably keep it though!) and then wait for 2nd selection to arrive. Saw the repeat this morning and that's what CH said - doesn't affect subsequent ADs

Think you can get round your dilemma by doing auto delivery, sending 1st lot back for refund on that (you'll probably keep it though!) and then wait for 2nd selection to arrive. Saw the repeat this morning and that's what CH said - doesn't affect subsequent ADs

Wish I had known this when it was the Smashbox AD tsv a couple of months ago. I only wanted the second one - am still hoping they bring it as a standalone item soon.

Thanks for this. I think you're right as Kathy T just said you have your 30day MBG with each individual pack. You're so right though, if I get it I'll keep it! Not overly excited by kits three and four though, so am kidding myself I could cancel after the second one...:wink:

N.B. don't want to mislead anyone, I think the red in the second kit is Caught Red Handed but the teal isn't Jail Bird but another colour with teal in the title, bound to be a play on words about criminality as is in that same range, 'It's a Teal'?!

Last edited:
On the fence about this. the magpie in me wants all the pretty colours. but being honest with myself I would never use full size base and top coat in 3 months. I,m a nurse so I very rarely get a chance to paint my nails as its not allowed for work. Plus its 120 pounds worth of nail varnishes if you count the whole 4 ad's and I can't justify that to myself :(
going to fart on this and buy the crystal nail files instead... anyone any thoughts on these? are they worth it?

Hi Medusa, go for the original clear crystal files as the black ones get mixed reviews, many saying the suface it's as good as on the original ones. The white wallet duo is lovely but there's also a couple of kits with a small crystal file in an aluminium case which I find easier to keep in a handbag.

Someone posted recently that they're available on the evil High Street; maybe Boots, sorry can't remember bt someone will know.

Jude xx

Yep - got mine in Boots for a tenner and I am amazed at how excited I can get over a nailfile. Really good. They also have the larger one for about £14 but the small one is perfect.

Thanks for the tip Breeze. Will give it a go next time.

Have decided to f.a.r.t on the tsv. All I really use regularly are the base and top coats and whilst I like a couple of the colours I'm better off going for separate items I know I will use.

Last edited:
I've got the pair of black crystal files and I think they're good. You dont think they're doing much as the grit is so fne but they do work and my nails dont split and peel anywhere near as much.

going to fart on this and buy the crystal nail files instead... anyone any thoughts on these? are they worth it?

I got the white one from Boots for £10 and it's been worth its weight in gold, can't recommend it highly enough. I think it's a greater factor in the good condition of my nails than any of the lotion and potion treatments I use :star: Am so pleased with it I accosted a random woman who I saw looking at it in my local Boots and prevailed upon her to purchase it. She clearly thought I was mad (fair enough) and bought it just to get away from me but I bet she's got great nails now...:happy:

After having split nails for years and trying everything (nails inc, nail envy, sally hanson etc) I heard LD state on one of his shows that the most damage you can do to your nails was by incorrect filing. Off to Boots to purchase said nail file, and hav'nt looked back since. Give it a go, it gives you the smoothest edges to the tips of your nails.

All together now 'it turns the nail to DUST'!!! But it really does. Not had a breakage in months since using the Crystal file and Bio Build, of course i have one now but that's cos i tried to open a door by smashing into it pinkie-first.

I've got the crystal file too and it gets a big thumbs up from me :up:

I haven't been tempted by the TSV but did manage to get the Supermodel duo though :clapping:

I'm being good!!! I am resisting as much as I like the colours by thinking in reality (inc p&P) when would you ever go into a department store/Boots and spend £35 on nail varnish???. I wouldn't!! I would feel ridiculous just spending £25. Somehow when its on QVC it somehow makes it look acceptable.
Can afford the kit no bother but like another person I'm an emergency service worker and can't have painted nails and on days off can't always be bothered.
I have had one LD TSV before (inc the Supermodel) and all his TSV's do is make me remember I have the old one and I get it out and play with it again!!!!

Haha me too Miss Kat. I,ve sat here watching his shows and done my nails with stuff I still have from OPI and LD tsv's previously which I forget to use because I too don't get round to doing my nails on my days off. Infact i think the only time I do my nails apart from nights out is when there's a nail TSV on ...
I checked out the crystal files and bought the clear one in the aluminium case ( I can be heavy handed so hopefully this will help it last) I noticed the black ones had bad reviews.

thanks for all the advice, if this one doesnt last I know to go to boots in future, had already bought the crystal one before I noticed that, but at least I know for next time..

I have so many LD/OPI polishes I'm not sure I'll ever get through them before they permanently solidify! I bought the last LD TSV (both colour options) and have only opened one colour so far.

I personally don't like mini bottles with any nail brand as the brushes are too small to do a good paint job and the polish dries up more quickly than the big bottles. But the colours do look nice in this collection.

I do like nail polish and would never lease the house without wearing it now. I had horrid nails (peeling, dry cuticles, hang nails, while marks etc) since I was a child until I started taking care of them about 4 years ago with nail envy, cuticle oil and crystal nail files and now I find myself sitting on the tube thinking how skanky other girls' nails look when they let them get into a state. I find a coat of colour makes me feel 'polished' even if hair and face are a mess.

Latest posts

Back