Le Creuset TSV 08/10/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Attachments

• Pan TSV 1.png
    Pan TSV 1.png
    674.7 KB · Views: 32
Just under 4.3kg/9lb 7oz is a lot to bend and stretch with. And it seems because the description mentions only that the "dish weighs: 4.3kg", the lid weighs extra on top of that, at a guess another 1.5kg/3lb 5oz. So if this is the case, the pan and lid combination weighs 5.8kg/12lb 12oz - could that be right, can someone with the pan confirm? That's going on for a stone in weight in old money, a lot of pan to move around, no matter how good it is.

Not had this particular one but had one years ago, wedding present, & it weighed a ton….don’t drop it 😳 The non stick interior also went a bit funny in the end, sort of bubbled. Think it’s still lurking out there, somewhere in the depths of the garden after it ended up as a planter

Did anyone else see the programme about TKMaxx? A while ago now. Said the ones they mostly stock are made by the same firm but have slightly different feature, lid I think, so they don’t “ ruin the brand” Think I’m remembering that right 🤔

Not had this particular one but had one years ago, wedding present, & it weighed a ton….don’t drop it 😳 The non stick interior also went a bit funny in the end, sort of bubbled. Think it’s still lurking out there, somewhere in the depths of the garden after it ended up as a planter

Did anyone else see the programme about TKMaxx? A while ago now. Said the ones they mostly stock are made by the same firm but have slightly different feature, lid I think, so they don’t “ ruin the brand” Think I’m remembering that right 🤔
correct & only plain not the ombre kinda effect the usual ones have

I’d never spend that much on a casserole dish although, thankfully, I could afford to. My Pyrex dish is still going strong after 14 years. However I now batch cook casseroles in my slow cooker and, to be honest, the casseroles taste better than when they’re oven cooked. Saves on electricity too. 😉

I also don’t need a workout lifting stuff in and out of the oven, although I haven’t actually used the oven for well over a year, thanks to an air fryer.

I love Le Creuset but they are always too big for just 2 people and too heavy. Aldi did a range very similar. There's a Le Creuset shop in Edinburgh and they sometimes do the real thing but in mini sizes which would make a pie/pudding for one. I got my mum an orange one and a blue one, they're really cute and surprisingly cheap at only £20 each.

I know this isn't the TSV but I just had a nose online and found this!!

CC

This seems to be a mini version but I've seen James Martin use a bigger one on his Saturday morning programme. I love the shape but again, way too heavy for me.

Le Creuset Cast Iron 26cm Casserole Dish with Baking Lid
Item Number: 826945
QVC Price £346.50
Todays Special Value Price £199.98
P&P £4.95

Cook like a pro with this cast-iron round casserole dish and lid from the cookware masters, Le Creuset. This versatile 26cm dish can be used with all heat sources (including induction hobs) and is perfect for whipping up stews, roasting meat or veggies, preparing soups, pasta and rice dishes, or even baking bread and cakes. The enamel-clad pot retains heat brilliantly and distributes it evenly with a fantastic stick, chip, and stain-resistant surface to help you on your way to five-star quality cooking!

*A great saving: If you were to buy this Le Creuset Cast Iron 26cm Casserole Dish from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you'd pay £346.50 plus P&P. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £199.98 plus P&P, you're saving £146.52.

One dish, so many uses! This versatile dish does triple duty in the kitchen. Use it as a classic casserole dish with the lid on for tender, slow-cooked favourites or use the base alone as an open dish for sauteing, braising, baking and roasting on the hob and in the oven. Try flipping the lid over and using it as a baking dish for pizza, quiches, crumbles, pies and tarts.

Delicious results - enjoy the exceptional culinary results that the heat retention and the tight-fitting lid of this casserole dish can help you achieve. The cast-iron pot will allow for wonderfully even cooking and browning, while the tight lid locks in moisture to keep your dishes juicy and flavourful.

Easy grip handles - the large handles on the side of the dish make it easy to grip your dish, even if you're wearing oven gloves.

Choose the colour to suit you - with five colour options to choose from, you're sure to find the perfect casserole dish to complement your kitchen and fit in neatly alongside your existing cookware. Choose between the Marseille Blue, Volcanic, Flint, Cerise or Teal.

• Light-coloured enamel interior is easy to clean
  • Suitable for all hob types including induction
  • Oven safe to 260C
  • Dishwasher safe but handwash recommended
  • Comes with a lifetime manufacturer's guarantee
  • Dish measures (l x w x h): 25cm x 27.5cm x 13.8cm (9.8" x 10.8" x 5.4")
  • Weight: 5.5kg

Colour options:

• Marseille Blue
  • Volcanic
  • Flint
  • Cerise
  • Teal

All measurements are approximate

Cookers are pretty costly if you need a 60cm one (electric). I was looking at a new one and they are around £500 plus :eek:

CC

A lot of the food produced by the brand ambassador didn’t look very appetising. Cakes etc had over-cooked bottoms.

I don’t like meat that’s been cooked for ages, eg stews and casseroles. Even when I was a child and Mum made delish stews (in an old fashioned noisy pressure cooker), I had just the gravy, veg and lentils. I eat meat but It’s the texture of stewed I don’t like.

So this TSV is not for me. My credit card is safe.

You can buy a cooker for the price of that pan.
I checked and you're not actually joking, you can buy a basic cooker from Currys for £5 more than the tsv price (incl postage) and for the full price amount then you can obviously get a better one. There's so much decent cookware out there nowadays for mid range prices and decent dupes of these big expensive brands that it would be crazy imo to part with so much money for the name Le Crueset. I have only had a quick "entry level" dabble in the brand when I bought OH a cafetiere it was only a single serve one and it was £40 - There is nothing good I can say about it apart from that it looked nice. I also noticed they were charging £36 for a little claw device that removes corks from bottles of champagne and sparkling wine - We have one and it cost £4 and it looks identical

Dont get me wrong I have bought this brand decades ago. I dont use them as they are tooo heavy.My stainless steel pans are better and easier to clean with metal scouring pad.

I don’t like meat that’s been cooked for ages, eg stews and casseroles. Even when I was a child and Mum made delish stews (in an old fashioned noisy pressure cooker), I had just the gravy, veg and lentils. I eat meat but It’s the texture of stewed I don’t like.

So this TSV is not for me. My credit card is safe.
I thought I was the only one - I literally hate stews! I love dumplings soaked in gravy and some of the veg but the meat, no I'd rather my meat had a bit of texture to it and not "falling apart" and all stringy inside yuk yuk yuk!

Latest posts

Back