Viewers Beauty Claims.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blimey there are some relics in there! I too used to wear Babe and Kiku! Anyone remember Aqua Manda? Not sure if that is the correct spelling. Seeing some old Avon one's like Foxfire, I remember selling loads of that when I was a rep!! Oh the nostalgia....

:sun:

Mum loved this, it was mandarin scent I think.

This is a great thread-Kiku was one of my favourite perfumes,but my all time favourite ever,was Hypnotique by Max Factor-anyone remember that?

I used to drown myself in Aqua Manda in school, its a wonder anyone sat beside me!!!!

This could explain my dislike of orange smelling products now.:wonder:

I will add Coty Wild Musk Oil, loved the stuff still have a bottle. All you see now in Boots is the edt spray. But a friend found and sent me a bottle of the oil from the US.

Oh I love Aromatics, but it has to be the perfume spray not the edt. Total man magnet on me. Great chypre. Think they have reformulated in recent years and taken the oak moss out.:down:

My sister used Civet and Gingham by Innoxa;-) I do remember Aqua Manda also, and no Christmas was complete without Aronde or 3 Wishes bubble bath! I spent my teens drenched in Panache by Lentheric, and the odd Avon - Foxfire was nice!!

I too have used a Clinique clarifying lotion to remove hair dye from bathroom tiles and spilled paint from a sink...no bother!

They do however have very nice eyecreams (off to get some after work as it happens as they have a bonus on in Debenhams at the moment...) and their Sparkle skin body scrub is awesome. Eyeshadows are very nice too, I also have a severely allergic friend who only uses their makeup.

So, like any brand, some bad some good no?

Ooo memories....I love talking about perfume! I used Kiku and had one of those brown bottles of Coty Wild Musk oil too. I see Kiku was launched in 1969 (gulp!) the same year as O de Lancome, which I still use to this day as a fresh spring/summer daytime scent. I'm mainly a "chypre" girl though.

Anyway back to Clinique - I don't use any of their skin care apart from City Block Factor 40. It's not perfect, but is a heap better than a lot of facial sun block products, though I do use Ultrasun for face too. I do like Clinique's eyeshaows - they usually have a nice range of subtle matte shades and I'm clinging onto the last smear of a lovely creamy pinky nude lipstick they used to do.

I hate it when salespeople knock the opposition - it puts me right off them. If they have confidence in their product they just don't need to do it.

Apart from confessing a liking of their bonus gifts (sad I know) - I'm not a huge fan of their products. Agree totally that DDML is like water and the Clarifying lotion is akin to paint stripper - no pun intended sorry Love A'kin - incidentally I love A'kin.

But I do also rate their City Block and the cream eyeshadow base stuff.

If you have to slag off the opposition then you have lost then plot.

Ooh you gave me a little giggle there! :giggle: It's that Bonus Time that sucks most of us in I expect. Our brains go "Oooh Free Stuff!" and that's that!

I've always thought that if they clean the counter with their toner then a) do I really want to put that on my delicate complexion and b) It must be bliddy cheap then if they use it in preference to £1 cleaning sprays! :bandit::mysmilie_466:

I'm very glad to meet another fellow A'kin fan. :sun: :hi:

their Moisure Surge spray is great for dampening eyeshadow brushes (makes the shadow stay much longer).

Not a fan of their skincare - but am fond of their make-up (except mascaras, they cant seem to do these well). Oh and their make-up brushes are fabulous.

I do remember Tabu and Hypnotique, although of Max Factor's I used to wear Le Jardin and Epris.

I popped into the dreaded High St during lunch and had a sniff of the one's I used to wear years ago, YSL Rive Gauche, Givenchy Ysatis and the aromas do transport you back in time.

I'm sure I have a few oldies lurking around at home like Pierre Cardin Paradoxe, Magie Noire and Guy Laroche Fidji. I can remember having a Helena Rubenstien one in a frosted bottle but can't remember the name of it.

Back to Clinique I do use their make up and have a fab kit that I bought in flight that has everthing you need, mascara, blush, eyeshadows, lip colours etc really great for travelling.

I do remember Tabu and Hypnotique, although of Max Factor's I used to wear Le Jardin and Epris.

I popped into the dreaded High St during lunch and had a sniff of the one's I used to wear years ago, YSL Rive Gauche, Givenchy Ysatis and the aromas do transport you back in time.

I'm sure I have a few oldies lurking around at home like Pierre Cardin Paradoxe, Magie Noire and Guy Laroche Fidji. I can remember having a Helena Rubenstien one in a frosted bottle but can't remember the name of it.

Back to Clinique I do use their make up and have a fab kit that I bought in flight that has everthing you need, mascara, blush, eyeshadows, lip colours etc really great for travelling.

Le Jardin Ooh wasn't that Jane Seymour in white soft-focussed in a ...garden!! And whaddyamean *used to wear*!! I still have Rive Gauche and Ysatis along with my Estee Lauder Cinnabar and Opium (Opium was my 'going out' fragrance). Helena Rube - was it Courant? I am sure at one point I had the entire range of Constance Carroll nail colours. Now I've swapped them all for Leighton Denny!!

Ahh-Coty wild musk,I drenched myself in that during the seventies,I would love to smell it again for nostalgia reasons but I know it is gone now.Late seventies I even wore Youth Dew! I used so much of it I must have knocked everyone out within a 10 mile radius ! I feel quite sick if I smell that on anyone now.

Haha, despite its name, Youth Dew was quite an 'old lady' smell wasn't it? I vividly remember going 'up West' with my mum and buying a bottle of Dior's Poison. I didn't even like it that much but it was the one to have. what with that and my Sun-In fringe, which wasn't a sun-kissed blonde at all, more orange on my dark hair, I did resemble a Yorkshire Terrier through the 80's. But Coty's L'aimant makes me feel happy cos my mum wore it on special occasions.

I own Rive Gauche bought for £12 in Boots a few years back.

Okay throwing in Moon Drops by Revlon.

Youth Dew used to stain light clothes. My mum wore it and Tweed, plus Coty L'Amont(sp), it was called the poor woman's Chanel No5.

I used to use Rive Gauche ,VU and opium.I still have a bottle of opium it will have probably gone off by now .Just remembered also liked cachet. :glass:

I used to use Rive Gauche ,VU and opium.I still have a bottle of opium it will have probably gone off by now .Just remembered also liked cachet. :glass:

Actually if stored correctly perfume can keep for 20 years or more. Cool dark place. I bought on ebay a bottle of Caron Fleurs de Rocaille parfum dated 1960 and it was still good.

Some brands do turn quicker than others, Annick Goutal seems to turn quickly.

Actually if stored correctly perfume can keep for 20 years or more. Cool dark place. I bought on ebay a bottle of Caron Fleurs de Rocaille parfum dated 1960 and it was still good.

Some brands do turn quicker than others, Annick Goutal seems to turn quickly.

Thanks for that info Donna. I didn't know it could be kept that long. We get some great tips on here. :mysmilie_3:

dont know if anyone else remembers but i used to love (1970's) Jontue and i think it was boots number 7 'IF' i used to pop in after school and drench myself in it.

i also remember buying dad alittle bottle of brut for 50p in a little green bottle set in a smart plastic case/box haha

a few years ago iwas in JC penny in florida and they sold the whole aqua manda range, so i bought some for mum as we used to as kids for chrismas, haha she said i never had the heart to tell you before but i am not keen, she said the bath oil if it did not kill you by slipping in the bath, you rather wish it had once you had to tackle scrubbing the tub after.

they ols scents mght not be the most sophiticated, but wow one wiff and you are transported 30 years back, and that is great feeling

loved kiku too

Oh I wore Faberge Tigress. Hot and spicy. Young teenager who drown herself in it.

I once had a Charles of Ritz foundation from Boots, I thought I was so high end. They gave me loads of free samples too.

Ah yes Charles of the Ritz, used it for years in the 70's loved the skincare and makup, those little eyeshadows which slotted together.Around this time ( I think) Clinique was launched & I tried that & liked at the time.I did find the Clarifying Lotion very drying then they bought out a milder one.I loved the DDML but as I got older it was not enough.Now I always use Clinique eye creams & am going back to Clarins Cleanser & Toner instead of Elemis.

Oh goodness the mention of Charles of the Ritz brings back memories!!! When they brought out the makeup range it was only available in HoF and the chemist my mum worked in. She loved the makeup and had loads of it.

Latest posts

Back