Viewers Beauty Claims.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Dippy One

Guest Shopper
I was looking on the QVC FB page last night and was reading the "What would you like to see more of?" thread and someone said "Clinique" then a post comes up from a viewer who states that she is a Beauty Therapist saying "clinique is bad for ur skin I'm a beauty therapist an can always tell people who's used it especially the clarifying lotion".

This person who is friends with more than half of my friends list is Elemis through and through and I do wonder sometimes if she is on Commission for Keeley Aydin:wonder:.

She did get a rollocking off someone who told her "A good sales person never disses the opposition. There is nothing wrong with Clinique. I had such bad acne I had to see a dermatologist at the hospital. Then I discovered Clinique. My skin cleared up in a few months. The dermatologist couldn't get over the improvement in my skin. I'm just sad I spent so many years as the spotty girl and didn't discover Clinique ealier in my life."

Last edited:
They all seem to do that. The Origins girl in Boots told me that Bare E foundation isn't 100% minerals, whereas their's is of course. No idea if she was right or not but they shouldn't slag off other brands.

At the end of the day it's what works for you (your skin type, your preference and your purse). There's nothing wrong with any product on the market really.

One of the best exfoliators around is Clinique clarifying lotion and I've been told that they use it clean the counters with as well!! Used it on and off for years. How can someeone tell if you've used clarifying lotion anyway. Wonder if anybody notices that I cleanse my face with Decleor!!

Yonks ago, the Clarins lady in Debenhams (and I'm sure it wasn't our ms Young) told me that Clinique was like using paint stripper. Maybe if everyone's slagging it off, it must be good stuff?! Can't say I liked it that much although I ditched the soap section in the 3-steps pretty quick as I didn't like it; don't like unscented face stuff and it was way too drying. The Dramatically Different moisturiser for me was neither, just yellow. I am currently using Moisture Surge which isn't bad, bought at an airport recently cos it had a free eye cream!

I do not rate Clinique at all. Now I did use the brand ages ago. But the toners = paint stripper.

You kept getting the soap in GWP and then they said oh but you need to cleanse your face first then use the soap then do this that and the other.

Some of their makeup is nice. Never rated the foundations not much colour choice and very common a garden. Prescriptives another Estee Lauder company now sadly gone far superior.

Totally agree with LO and Donna. Clinique I think are the only brand I know of that still continue to use alcohol in their toners, it is far too harsh, drying and unbalances the skin.

I used this range years ago when Charles of the Ritz was around. I found the bar cleanser drying, the toner ripped your skin off and the Dramatically different moisturiser was not really that different, very fluid/watery if I remember rightly.

I do have a friend who uses everything Clinique, skin care, make up, the lot and absolutely loves it and wouldn't use anything else.

Oh I wore Faberge Tigress. Hot and spicy. Young teenager who drown herself in it.

I once had a Charles of Ritz foundation from Boots, I thought I was so high end. They gave me loads of free samples too.

I used clinique skincare for years until I found QVC then I moved on to Liz Earle , philosophy , clientele and now elemis. I do love the clinique make up though and haven't found anything on QVC that I like better .:mysmilie_499:

I used clinique skincare for years until I found QVC then I moved on to Liz Earle , philosophy , clientele and now elemis. I do love the clinique make up though and haven't found anything on QVC that I like better .:mysmilie_499:

I'm a fan of the Comforting Cleanser and although I do think the clarifiying lotion is strong, I use it once maybe twice a week to clean up any possible spots waiting to pop out!

My sis has the most sensitive skin known to man and the only makeup which doesnt cause her any issue is clinque which she's used for years.

I also love the colour collections they do esp the spring colours.

I used Clinique when I was in my late teens. I used to pick it up when we went to the USA as it was so cheap there.

I couldn't get over over the additional layers they wanted you to buy into to...eg you needed a cleanser before the soap. I found the soap drying, the toner like paint stripper and the moisturiser like water.

I remember going to a skin care demo when I lived in Australia and they took the Clinique toner and set fire to it!!!!

I use the odd bit of their make up (which is good) and the eye cream/face protection spf are Ok (I think I fall for their bonus times!!)

Now I'm more into Liz Earle, Decleor and Akin for my face and it seems to like them!

I love Clinique's almost powder base, it's like minerals without all the bother of buffing & their long lasting lipgloss is nice too. When I was in my oily skin years, Clarifying lotion No. 2 was the only thing that kept the spots under control but now I just use the excellent eye cream as I'm allergic to most other eye products including Liz Earle & Gatineau.

Ah yes Charles of the Ritz, used it for years in the 70's loved the skincare and makup, those little eyeshadows which slotted together.Around this time ( I think) Clinique was launched & I tried that & liked at the time.I did find the Clarifying Lotion very drying then they bought out a milder one.I loved the DDML but as I got older it was not enough.Now I always use Clinique eye creams & am going back to Clarins Cleanser & Toner instead of Elemis.

Many moons ago on here I said I had used Clinique's Moisture Surge and you'd have thought I'd taken up with devil himself. The product worked for me and I used it until I found Prescriptives SLP. I still use their City sun block SPF 40. After trying Clarins, Elemis and Alpha H. It's the only one which doesn't leave me with a chalky look to my skin, even after lots of blending and hasn't caused any breakouts. I wish QVC did the Ultrasun sensitive as I'd like to try that plus it's a once a day application.

I like Clinique Cream Shapers for eyes, but I've never really got heavily into their skincare. I prefer to keep it simple. In the past I've had bad skin reactions to both Clinique and Elemis skincare products.

We have girly swap nights every six weeks or so, and Clinique skincare is always on offer for swap! I think trying the Clinique 3 step is a rite of passage many of us have to go through at some point. (But many QVC brands are also heavily represented as well! :giggle:)

I do agree that it is a massive turn off when they try to sell you their product by slagging off the competition. I always think that if their product was any good, theyn wouldn't need to do that.

I have got oily skin and used that blimmin clarifying lotion for years. Eventually went to see an independent (not linked to any brand) beauty therapist who told me to stop using it, as it was stripping my skin and causing it to produce even MORE oil. She was right too, as my skin did improve once I stopped it.

I had a quite a stockpile left though which came in very handy for removing hairdye stains from my ears and correcting fake tan mistakes :giggle:

I did used to like one of the foundations aimed at oily skin & one of their eyecreams (forgotten the names now and probably all changed anyway) but got tempted away by QVCs offerings. Also someone mentioned on here a cream they do to help fade pigmentation, so I think I might check the range out again. Hope they still do the bonus times I used to love getting that little bag of goodies!

Apart from confessing a liking of their bonus gifts (sad I know) - I'm not a huge fan of their products. Agree totally that DDML is like water and the Clarifying lotion is akin to paint stripper - no pun intended sorry Love A'kin - incidentally I love A'kin.

But I do also rate their City Block and the cream eyeshadow base stuff.

If you have to slag off the opposition then you have lost then plot.

Charles of the Ritz rang a bell - so when I did a google search this site came up which made me smile, don't remember all of them (American stuff mostly) but I did have a few - Faberge's Babe and Kiku!!! Nostalgia's not what it used to be, eh!!

http://www.quirkyfinds.com/CommercialJL.htm

Blimey there are some relics in there! I too used to wear Babe and Kiku! Anyone remember Aqua Manda? Not sure if that is the correct spelling. Seeing some old Avon one's like Foxfire, I remember selling loads of that when I was a rep!! Oh the nostalgia....

:sun:

Blimey there are some relics in there! I too used to wear Babe and Kiku! Anyone remember Aqua Manda? Not sure if that is the correct spelling. Seeing some old Avon one's like Foxfire, I remember selling loads of that when I was a rep!! Oh the nostalgia....

:sun:

Remember Tabu. I too used Clinique until Gobby talked me into Decleor.I much prefer Decleor, Elemis & love Judith Williams.

Latest posts

Back