Crafting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
Haven't watched at all today, as I have no interest in cardmaking.

But I wonder why QVC don't show any other crafts. Cos there ARE other crafts apart from cardmaking!! I know lots of people like it, but it doesn't appeal to me.

Years ago, they used to show cross stitching kits. Seem to remember rugmaking too. And stained glass stuff. And what about candlemaking.....or knitting.....or anything really, other than cardmaking!

The did have a jewellery making hour, which was quite a refreshing change.

I thought they might have had free p & p or some other promotion going on yesterday - silly me! :taphead:

I was hoping for some sort of special offer, too. Remember when they used to do Craft Day prices? I'm after the Jenni Bowlin inkpads, they're expensive on Q but since it was "Crafting with Colour" I was holding out hope.

1.It was repeatedly referred to as craft day by on air presenters.
2.QVC should provide a decent retail service for any and all products they stock.

SCW frequently is rude in his posts Mr Marple but always tells us he doesn't realise this when it is remarked on. However he does work hard on getting us item numbers and product details in advance and that's a good thing:sun:

No, it isn't a craft channel. Also, I wasn't specifically referring to yesterday in isolation. In general, QVC just don't do any other sort of crafting but cardmaking.

It just irritates me when then just describe cardmaking as "craft" as it's only one sort of craft. Yes cardmaking is popular with many (not me) but there are so many other avenues they could explore. As was said though, I guess if Dawn Bibby doesn't do it, then it just doesn't exist!

No, it isn't a craft channel. Also, I wasn't specifically referring to yesterday in isolation. In general, QVC just don't do any other sort of crafting but cardmaking.

It just irritates me when then just describe cardmaking as "craft" as it's only one sort of craft. Yes cardmaking is popular with many (not me) but there are so many other avenues they could explore. As was said though, I guess if Dawn Bibby doesn't do it, then it just doesn't exist!

I think your last sentence sums things up well.
I like looking at stuff on C&C that I'd never actually do and it has rekindled my interest in crafts I'd long since abandoned.

QVC are a business out to make money, if they could make as much money from an hour of rug making, stained glass, embroidery etc as they do from a Kanban show then I'm sure they would sell the other products. I think it will all be down to profits not whether Dawn Bibby can present the show.

I'm not 100% sure BB although I see exactly what you mean. I knew someone who had a range (not craft) on qvc and was telling them x had been created by public request or that y had been very popular when trialled at shows. However neither of the two buyers ever used any products from any of the ranges and bought in the stuff we all complain is dull and not fashionable all the time because they thought that's what people like. Once only the person got their own way and insisted on a lovely fuchsia pink gloss being shown and it sold out in under 5 minutes.

I often think there's very little crafting skill involved in making a lot of the cards. It's basically you just putting together component parts supplied by the companies and doing their work for them under the guise of it being individual when in truth everyone's churning out the same:sun:

I would certainly be interested in seeing shows on other craft items as I'm not into cardmaking, but I suppose it all boils down to money at the end of the day.

Having said that, I haven't ever seen sewing machines presented either - and they stand to make more out of those. IW do them quite often.

My mother-in-law has a sewing machine bought as a TSV from QVC years ago, so it's not beyond the bounds of possibilty that they could sell sewing equipment again.

Jude xx

On QVC page on Facebook it says:

"just to reassure you our strong craft business will continue with our favourite guests. We are excited to be introducing new categories of crafting later on this year, so keep tuning in"

i like carol smith i think thats her name,from america and she did lovely kits for bits that you could use around the home.
those were the days of crafting imo more variety. the card making i think took over and spoilt the choice/variety that qvc had.
to me dawn always looked vexed kind of put me off tbh!

I still have an untouched model of the Millenium Falcon in a box somewhere that I bought when I was 10 Maybe QVC could inspire me to dust it off and "get crafting"?!

Latest posts

Back