Late night bitching, cats and Arlene Phillips

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

Kat73

Guest Shopper
Having only joined this site very recently I am surprised at how much I enjoy this! I have learned however that perhaps 4 a.m is perhaps not the best time to post, whilst sleep deprived after feeding baby girl. Although I meant what I said about "poor" Tova yesterday, and most of you "liked", I was probably a bit OTT with the bitchiness, a trait I dislike in others. That said, it is so funny reading some of the threads, and nice to know I am not alone in my little foibles (is that a word).

I have 2 questions, just curious....

1. I have a cat, who before my babies was the love of my life. I still love him. I notice there are many cat lovers on here, do you think that the psychology of the cat lover also has a tendency to watch QVC?

2. I am surprised no one else started a thread about this... anyone else marvel at the sheer awfulness of Arlene Phillips fashion jewellry? Or am I alone on this one? She also said wearing jewellry is just like how she feels when dancing...erm...okaaaay...

Good point about the psychology of cat lovers. I adore them and notice there's a lot of them on here. Perhaps QVC should do a Litter Maid TSV.

http://www.littermaid.com/t-video-Littermaid.aspx

Switched off as soon as I heard Arelene Phillips's voice. I'm surprised she isn't fronting a skincare range - something to 'firm and plump' the skin on the face. I guess they already have Lulu for that.

I do not currently have a cat, my sister has two and sad thing that I am I have just wrapped their Christmas presents (a tin of posh cat food each not a set of Elemis products!). I saw a bit of the Arlene Phillips show and was not really concentrating on her offerings as I was a bit distracted by all the filler in her face, it was almost mesmerising. I did think her stuff would not have looked out of place on my local market, but could not imagine Arlene setting up her stall in the wet and freezing weather to hawk her wares.

How old is your little one Kat73? don't envy you having to get up in this weather, one of my friends has a 4 month old and is feeling chilly when she has to get up to him.

Good point about the psychology of cat lovers. I adore them and notice there's a lot of them on here. Perhaps QVC should do a Litter Maid TSV.

http://www.littermaid.com/t-video-Littermaid.aspx

Switched off as soon as I heard Arelene Phillips's voice. I'm surprised she isn't fronting a skincare range - something to

'firm and plump' the skin on the face. I guess they already have Lulu for that.

I'm standing up for all the dog lovers as well(particularly Labradors) I agree about Arlene's jewellry and her voice- don't like either of them.

My little moggie Eric really "helps" me when I have a bout of depression (which I've struggled with for a while). Sounds silly I know but somehow he can sense when I'm feelin down.

On the other hand he can be a right little pest - such as tonight when I'm wrapping pressies and he is after all the ribbons and pompoms.

I'm standing up for all the dog lovers as well(particularly Labradors)
They're adorable too. My brother has a labrador, called Gemma actually. I quite like the idea of having both but I gather it's best to introduce the cats into a dog's domain, not the other way round.

Thanks silversequin, my babies are 11 weeks old and 22 months old. My cat is eight years, and found it hard to adjust to a world with young children. My toddler has recently developed a fascination with my cat, much to his disgust, this extends to concern when the cat is out in the rain, to fascination when he is eating, to sticking his arm out to pat him or pull his tail! (I do stop my child from doing this, fear not!). Anyhow the cat very quickly rushes off in the opposite direction whenever my toddler is near!
And yes, cats are great when I feel down, he used to never leave my side when I was poorly.

Last edited:
Another victim of kid induced sleep deprivation here, hello :wave:. Mines not a baby, he's 15, but has severe learning difficulties and quite often (about two or three nights a week) has nights when he keeps me up most of the night. He's not able to speak so can't tell me what's up, so can it can be quite hard. Night before last he was up from half twelve till half 4 and he's at it again tonight. Gggggrrrrr.

As for cats, we've got one by default as it decided to live rough under a tree in our garden and it ended up moving in. Himself says he luuuuurves it I think it's a pain in the arse! :giggle:

Last edited:
Maybe us cat lovers watch QVC because we have a high degree of tolerance! (req. when cat has a bad tum tum)

Arlene Philips - Ergh! Her VOICE!! So Irritating -- her items, freshly imported from Japan, £10 for 100 pieces.

I also noticed some of the Veronese 'gold' electro plating was starting to look very cheap - the 'gold' being far too rich in shade - very fake.

Oh feeding baby sounds so wonderful even if it is at 4am! Lovely! What a super mum you are, along with super mum Ali ^^^^

xxx

I have two cats that I absolutely adore. One of them is my avatar. His brother is equally beautiful but camera shy. In my defence they are technically my son's cats. He has them when he was 18 and now he's 21, he's moved out and left the cats with me.

Definitely don't like Arlene Phillips' jewellery thank you very much. And the other range that is similar if you ask me if Frank Usher. Although at least that isn't a bonkers price I suppose. Still it.would be no good if we all liked the same now would it?

Hiya Kat glad to hear you're another pussy lover, yes there's a lot of em on here and I am often playing with mine in the middle of the night. :happy: Couldn't do the baby thing I'm afraid as I'm allergic to them but can do a bit of bitchiness when pushed. :rock: I'm surprised Arlene Phillips can speak at all with all the work she's had done to her fizzog :mysmilie_13:and it hasn't done anything for her looks either :rolleyes: so she imho she needs to sue her surgeon for a refund. :emo: However, I nominate the Frank Usher woman as having the most ****** ANNOYING FAKE FAUX POSH VOICE of all, she speaks like she's got a kilo of feckin plums in her gob and everything she flogs can be worn with EVERYTHING from a polo neck to a ballgown, but I note she didn't mention a coster's overall whilst peddling the ostentatious tat off a stall down Brick Lane. :doh:

P.S. Lilypuss and Harveypuss send head butts and say hello!!

I'm another with a puss obssession, i have 3, two moggies and an exotic who is only 4 months and looks Exactly like puss in boots from shrek and i am a little bit in love with him!!(well, a lot!) i also have 2 dogs ( a collie and a pug/shih tzu) and they all love each other.............well most of the time!
Arlene is a very odd looking woman, i was watching million pound drop the other day and was looking at Davina and i thought wasn't it nice to see a 40 something woman ageing with some grace ( well she wrinkled when she smiled etc.)These women with all these fillers look so odd, carol vorderman is another, makes me wonder what will happen to there faces in 10-15 years time...........not brill i'm guessing!

Yep, another cat lover here, and call me a bitch, but I totally agree with the comments about Arlene Phillips. As for Carol Vorderman, caught her on 'Loose Women' when I was flicking channels and thought she looked freaky. There wasn't a single natural thing about her. Why do women feel they have to do this to themselves? I have had many late nughts raising my children, who are grown now, and have the grey hair and wrinkles to proove it but I am not ashamed of them. I work with the public and as long as I don't scare them off, I'm happy,

Yes, another cat person here as well. TrixieWoo (avatar and board namesake) and Thomas, signature cat. A lot of the so called designer jewellery on QVC is cheap and tacky in my opinion and would scare small children and especially the cats with it's gaudiness!

Well, I don't know if you'll let me in or not. :hi:

I have a cat, she's 16 now & had another as well till she died last year aged 20.

BUT I also have five dogs. :cheeky:

Well, I don't know if you'll let me in or not. :hi:

I have a cat, she's 16 now & had another as well till she died last year aged 20.

BUT I also have five dogs. :cheeky:
5 dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5! wow i thought i was mad enough but wow you totally win!
(i do have 4 chickens 2 ducks, and a snake to go with the 2 dogs and 3 cats). I am on a warning though cos hubby is not an animal lover so, no more :sad:(well unless i can persuade him some how:angel: which is how i got all the others:tongue:

Latest posts

Back