Yankee candles, what's your fave?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have so many faves, I love the Christmas tarts, Christmas Eve, Christmas Roses, Home Sweet Home, Sparkling Cinnamen, Lavendar, Lavendar & Vanilla, I too love the Red Berry & Cedar and Balsam and Cedar. I tend to buy tarts as they give the strongest fragrance and I get them these days from Yankee Doodle, however, I do sometimes buy large jars from QVC if they are a good price. I have bought Prices candles from QVC twice but find they don't have enough fragrance for my liking and I have ended up giving most away as pressies.

Does anyone have any other brands that are reasonably priced that they would recommend? x

Favourite is Evening Air but I think it's discontinued (haven't looked for a while). Also like Pink Sands, Pink Lady Slipper, and some of the Christmassy ones.

:heart:

None of 'em. After having hours and hours of Fresh Cotton permeating the air, I was thoroughly sick of the smell, and vowed I would never have another long lived 'fragrance' in the house ! Votives and night lights - fine ! they soon burn down so are easily replaced.

Appreciate the info on other brands though.

So many favs but top 5 would be Blue hydrangea, Sunflower, Black cherry, Garden hideaway and Morning Blossom. I do wish Qvc would bring more of the treasure scents back and some Usa exclusives, now so many high street stores sell Yc Qvc needs to up its game.

I just found a large Sunflower in the back of the cupboard (hmm, maybe too much YC home inventory) that I look forward to trying.

Lilac Blossoms, Sun and Sand, Beach Flowers

I am on a self-imposed buying ban until I get through more of my stash (hard as I have a YC outlet store not too far from me).

Burning Sun and Sand right now and it's gorgeous. Very well understand the self-imposed buying ban. I have way too many YCs for it to be healthy :wink: I tell myself no more purchases until the stash gets smaller. But the stash has come in handy when I needed to give a birthday gift.

I just found a large Sunflower in the back of the cupboard (hmm, maybe too much YC home inventory) that I look forward to trying.

No fair :( how could you put it in the back of your cupboard !!!! :mysmilie_503: lol

I have so many favourites and like to get the medium jars or tarts so I can change fragrances often. Love the garden/floral ones like Blue Hydrangea, Midnight Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Garden Getaway, Lilac Blossoms, Sweet Violet. Christmas ones like Red Berry & Cedar, Balsam and Cedar, Red Apple Wreath, Happy Christmas, Eggnog and Mistletoe & Fig (but those two are a little weak for me), Holiday Garland (was in a QVC special offer last year or earlier, hard to find). The Autumns: Frosted Pumpkin, Vanilla Pumpkin, Be Thankful, Fall Festival, Moonlight Harvest, Warm Spice, Kitchen Spice. The foodies: Red Velvet Cake, Blueberry Muffin/Blueberry Scone, Chocolate Bunnies, Root Beer, Roast Coffee (no longer available I fear). Hubby mixes roast coffee and vanilla cupcake when working at home and his 'office' smells like a patisserie! I'm not sure the exact name but Carrot Cake, Oatmeal Cookie were particularly good baked goods fragrances. It was a while ago and I only had the one of each. The Lavenders: French Lavender, Lavender Vanilla, Lemon Lavender and honourary lavender, Vanilla Lime. Outdoors: Sun and sand, dune grass. Cottons and Linens: Country Linen has been a pleasure and look forward to trying Sunwashed Linen. Probably the same fragrance under a different name. Found online from other shops and not QVC.

No fair :( how could you put it in the back of your cupboard !!!! :mysmilie_503: lol

I got it from QVC with two others in the deal. Put it away back then, maybe it was a year or so ago and forgot it was there (behind a lot of 'stuff'). Just found it the day before yesterday and pondered about holding off on burning it now. It smells great but I started a Sea and Sand instead. I know I won't be able to find another Sunflower and am savouring the anticipation of when I do light it. :giggle:

currently burning red velvet tarts, a childs wish (wish the scent was stronger but really sophisticated) honey and spice (like a really beautiful amber fragrance sublime) I used to only like the floral scents but over the years I like most if not all the groups. my wost scents are mistletoe and fig, midnight jasmine and the midnight air..my all time fav is tiare flower, and red apple wreath for xmas. I don't reall buy samples as the scent is not as strong as tarts. large candles are nice as some burn for several months it depends on the candle though. I have converted nearly all my friends and family with this range. will always buy yankee

Oh, now that's interesting, from comments made it seems that some peeps burn one candle all the way through before moving onto another. I have 3-4 started and burn whichever one takes my fancy at the time. Currently I have Clean Cotton (useful for dispelling cooking smells, if required), Sun & Sand and Peony Petals "on the go". I don't tend to mix my candles by burning more than one at a time (although I do do that with my tarts and tea lights).

Another fun thread!
I think we tend to have favourites of a 'type', and for me it's the fresh and lighter florals, so I love Garden Hideaway, Loves Me Loves Me Not, Water Garden, Lilac Blossom, Honeysuckle, Beach Flower and Ocean Blossom. I like the idea of some of the foodie aroma's, but many have cinnamon in which I hate with a passion, and the only one I haven't tired of before the jar is finished is Blueberry Scone. My all time favourites which are now retired are Country Linen and Greenhouse - please bring them back Yankee!
I buy some sets from QVC if I like all of the scents because, even with the postage, they're quite a bit cheaper than the YC stores - and I have managed to get a YC store to match QVC when I bought a set of 3 large jars. I always look out for them in TKMaxx and HomeSense as they're a fab price there .... and I guess I'm quite happy that I don't live near a YC outlet store, otherwise I'd be broke! lol

Frenchie thanks for your post- everyone's posts actually. I forgot to sing the praises of Christmas Eve- it's absolutely gorgeous. I think I burn more candles at Christmas hence why 2 Festive ones feature in my favourites. I too mix and match my Tarts but always burn a candle to the end before starting a new one- unless I have.'t finished an autumn/winter one like Orange Spice. I will put that away til later in the year and burn a rose one instead.

Does anyone else ever get irritated eyes and sneeze with some of the tarts? I don't like fluffy towells or clean cotton but have a box of tarts to use up so I melted a clean cotton one last night and I suffered like I had hayfever. I may put my remaining ones in the drop to see if anyone has some florals they would like to swap with me. :)

Without exception, even scents I like, I can't burn any candle for more than about 30 minutes so I use tarts occasionally. All YC candles (to my nose) have a strong undertone of paraffin or whatever the base wax is. The Prices candles are easier on my nose. Maybe I just have a sensitive nose, when friends bemoan their perfume fading too quickly I still think they've over-done it. Don't they say that one's nose gets used to a fragrance after 20-30 minutes so that it seems to have disappeared. A tea light burning downstairs fills my whole house (3 bed semi), I mostly use tarts for short bursts of 15 minutes at a time.

Back to Yankee, Fresh Cut Roses is my ultimate instant migraine scent but the red roses one (True Rose??) is a far closer to real rose scent and I like that one. I've picked up a few tea-lights (perfect for me) and tarts at Clintons card shops where the prices are often really reduced. Clearing out the garage the other weekend I found 2 large candles, consigned to the outside because they're too over-powering Lavender Fields and Freesia, we'll probably use them up for summer evenings in the garden (these must be about 10 years old).

I have 2 of the large jars, Evening Air and Island Spa and use them when the smoke from the open wood fire blows smoke into the lounge, they'll probably last me 10 years. I can't worry about tunnelling but if I'm left with unmelted wax I'll just scoop it out and use it in my tart warmer. Island Spa is quite an uplifting scent, but I really should have just bought a sampler in it!

When it comes to smellies I'm a cheap date!

Jude xx

Sun & Sand, Lemon Lavender, Clean Cotton were my favourites from Yankee Candle. I've still got some large jars and scented tealights that I've not used for ages. To be honest I was getting fed up with the jar candles because despite following all the tips they still ended up looking black and sooty in the jar, so latterly only bought the scented tealights.

In the last couple of years I've had some of the ones in TKMaxx - Tocca Tahiti one which is very exotic smelling, Asquith & ??? in an orange blossom scent which was nice. Lately I've been buying from M&S, occasionally candles but more often diffuser sticks instead, especially their Cowley Manor ones, and Green Fig.

I treated myself one time to a NEOM triple wick candle at the airport, in Inspiration, which smelled gorgeous - however, I'd never buy NEOM candles again - it burned very unevenly and after only using a couple of times it's now completely useless, the wicks burned so small they either don't light at all or the ones that do get flooded by the molten wax and get extinguished. A total waste of money.

I got it from QVC with two others in the deal. Put it away back then, maybe it was a year or so ago and forgot it was there (behind a lot of 'stuff'). Just found it the day before yesterday and pondered about holding off on burning it now. It smells great but I started a Sea and Sand instead. I know I won't be able to find another Sunflower and am savouring the anticipation of when I do light it. :giggle:

Oo i think i bought the same set were the other two candles Sweet strawberry and splash of rain by any chance? Wasnt too keen on the strawberry one but the rain was nice, but sunflower was by far the best.

My all time favourites are Lemon Lavender and Vanilla Lime. If I could only light one more candle before I shuffle off I'd be hard pressed which to choose from those two :nod:

Thanks for the comments about Neom Spartacus I will keep hold of my money I think! They do them in John Lewis and they are so expensive that I have just sniffed them then put them right back on the shelf.

Have you tried the large tumblers instead of the jars? I find no sooty black marks and a much more even burn with the double wick.

Asquith & Somerset. I have had tripple milled soap from them too which I liked so will look out for the candles.

Thanks for the comments about Neom Spartacus I will keep hold of my money I think! They do them in John Lewis and they are so expensive that I have just sniffed them then put them right back on the shelf.

Have you tried the large tumblers instead of the jars? I find no sooty black marks and a much more even burn with the double wick.

Asquith & Somerset. I have had tripple milled soap from them too which I liked so will look out for the candles.

Thanks, I've not tried the tumblers, I'll bear that in mind. I'd gone through a phase of buying the duo/triples of the largest candle jars YC do because I'd been given one of the glass shades, so many many many burning hours to go before I "need" another candle!

Latest posts

Back