Christmas candles: what do you burn?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
As today's special value from Yankee Candle contains a number of Christmassy options, it got me thinking about what I will burn to evoke some Christmas cheer this year.
I want to keep to just the ones I have out, and not disappear into my crammed candle cupboard.

On the roster I have a good number of Yankee Candles, many from Q, and as many from elsewhere.

1. The Perfect Tree
2. Angel's Wings
3. Holiday Sage
4. Snow in Love
5. Christmas in Paris (definitely a Dunelm Mills purchase)
6. Sparkling Cinnamon
7. Christmas Eve
8. Balsam & Cedar
9. Winter Glow
10. Christmas Magic
11. Christmas Garland
12. Peppermint Martini
13. Glittering Star
14. Fresh Forest
15. Spiced Berry Sangria

Added to these I have a Woodwick Fireside crackle candle, and another one called Woodsmoke, I think. These should be nice combined with other more festive scents.
How would you combine candle scents for a cosy feel?
Which candle I've listed do you love or hate?
What faves of yours have I missed?

Looking at this list of LARGE YC candles, I think I should be starting soon with some of them to give them all a good shot...🥰

BLIMEY ! You've got a better selection than most of the garden centres in my area ! I think I've still got a couple of £1.50 votives from the Co-op last year, which I bought purely for decoration for my crystal candle holders. So I'm not the best person to answer.

If I could choose, I'd go for something with roses in it. However, I'm a coward to burn candles. Frightened I'd set the house alight.
You sound like a prime candidate for a reed diffuser and flameless candle, or an electric wax melter.
I burn my candles when I am going to be in long enough to give 3 hours burn time on a large candle, to avoid tunnelling as much as possible. Leaving a naked flame unattended is not in my plans.

Sadly I'm not a yankee candle fan, I find them strong smelling and they give me migraines. However I have discovered the candles on gemporia, I now have a cupboard full of them and love the variations. I used to buy white company candles but now prefer the gemporia ones, highly recommend.

I love St Eval candles & my winter fragrance is Orange & Cinnamon, our daughter's wedding candles, & for Christmas I burn Figgy Pudding. One tealight lasts between six & eight hours & burns cleanly.

I have 3 lovely Heart & Home festive scents too. Christmas Tree, Snow Angel, and Welcome Home. Sadly their online shop is currently closed.

I like some of The White Company fragrances, but cannot tolerate their Winter candle when lit.

Electric wax melter for me but I'm careful to switch it off if I go out, just in case. I like All is Bright, I like Candycane Lane, Christmas Eve, Christmas Magic, Perfect Tree, Glittering Star. All my Merry Marshmallows have gone as well as the Sparkling Cinnamon. I think Yankee used to do one called Jack Frost and I liked that, oh and Cherries on Snow was nice.

Waiting on Harry Slatkin now.

CC

Electric wax melter for me but I'm careful to switch it off if I go out, just in case. I like All is Bright, I like Candycane Lane, Christmas Eve, Christmas Magic, Perfect Tree, Glittering Star. All my Merry Marshmallows have gone as well as the Sparkling Cinnamon. I think Yankee used to do one called Jack Frost and I liked that, oh and Cherries on Snow was nice.

Waiting on Harry Slatkin now.

CC
Ooh! Love love love Candy Cane Lane! I'm hoping Peppermint Martini is a good substitute.

At Christmas I usually burn Zoella candles, every Christmas she brings out some sort of wintery/cosy scented candle and Boots sell them. They normally start off at about a tenner each , but there’s usually some sort of deal, and the price always ends up going right down at the end of the season, so a good time to stock up. They’re in lovely little glasses with her name on it and the name of the scent. I usually throw them out after. The scent fills the room, and they’re gorgeous- especially the gingerbread one. She does regular floral ones throughout the year and they’re great too - not seen any this year . Hope she’s not stopped doing them. I’ve got a few in the back up though!

I would love to find candles or some form of home fragrance that I like.I will look up some of the suggestions here but I cannot get on with Yankee.A neighbour recommended some plug in air fresheners but then someone pointed out that they are a fire hazard( thanks!).I did try the Neom diffuser last year, despite the price but was not bowled over with it, so returned.Guess I just have an odd nose, am very particular with perfumes too!

Latest posts

Back