Yankee candles, what's your fave?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
Well in the style of the kipling thread I thought Yankee Candles would be another in the same vein. I said on another thread that QVC surprised me by having a set containing all 3 of my regular favourites for a price I could not beat elsewhere. My favouite of all time is Christmas Rose but True Rose and Fresh cut roses a close joint second. I also like white gardenia (smells the same as Tahitian Tiare Flower) and of the spices the only ones I like are Spiced Orange and Honey and Spice. I used to like baby powder but got bored, and think Fluffy Towells and Clean Cotton smell like fabric softener and Bold washing powder respectively.

I love the tarts too and have a collection in a shoe box that I use almost daily in my electric tart burner. I use Akimbo's tip of using silicone muffin cases to hold and contain the wax. I buy tarts before investing in a large jar to check how much I like the scent. It's an economical and effective way of doing it.

I have a mixology set from Amazon with those samplers. They just collapse and therefore I don't find those particularly good. Maybe I am doing it wrong.

I find Q good for large sets and packs of 18 tarts. I never bother with TSVs with samplers or tea lights in. I get large packs of unscented tea lights from Ikea for a fraction of the price. Is it just me or does anyone else not see the point of scented tea lights?

Also I am interested in reading about other brands of candle such as Milkhouse Creamery and Neom. The latter are massively expensive though and there is only one smell I like in their range- I forget what. I also love the Floris rose & jasmine candle.It's beautiful.

Oh yes, Lemon Lavender is one of my favourites, also Fluffy Towels, Pink Sands, Vanilla Cupcake, Vanilla Satin, French Vanilla..... quite a few then!

So many favs but top 5 would be Blue hydrangea, Sunflower, Black cherry, Garden hideaway and Morning Blossom. I do wish Qvc would bring more of the treasure scents back and some Usa exclusives, now so many high street stores sell Yc Qvc needs to up its game.

Lilac Blossoms, Sun and Sand, Beach Flowers

I am on a self-imposed buying ban until I get through more of my stash (hard as I have a YC outlet store not too far from me).

I have to say I don't have a favourite....I rarely buy the same scent twice as there is just so much to choose from! I like to go the shops and get one when I need one and see how the mood takes me.I like to take my time smelling and choosing!! I used to buy from QVC but one year I had auto delivery of the large candles and felt I was whipping through them just to get onto my next instalment! I didn't like the later batches in that drop either - and it was quite eye watering to add up what I spent on candles that year - and considering I didn't even like 50% of them!!

TBH I don't buy that anymore - but when I do I only buy the large jars.I might be interested in an electric tart warmer if QVC ever did one on a TSV.I want to buy it from QVC so (rarely) I can take advantage of their 30 day MBG,as I'm not sure I'd get on with it.

I like the florals,the fantasies and some of the food ones - although I've taken more dislike to food ones in comparison to food ones I've actually liked.

I always liked 'SunDried Linen', but that was discontinued. It had something extra than Clean Cotton IFKWIM?
Garden Hideaway is quite nice as well.

Hated Midnight Jasmine, my throat starting closing up after burning for about 5 minutes, even days later whenever I coughed, it was all I could taste.

My all time favourite candle is Prices Candles Figgy Pudding.

I'm a latecomer to Yankee candles but definitely a convert. I have a large fresh cut roses on the go and plan to try the lavenders next.

I became a Yankee lover through QVC many years ago and I have to say that Mackintosh Apple was my all time favourite as it reminded me of great baking days with my late Mum. We all loved her apple pies so she would batch-bake and the house seemed to keep that delicious smell for days. I then adored Baby Powder because of memories of our son and daughter as babies......used to walk down the baby aisle in the supermarkets just to get a whiff of Johnson's Baby Powder!! However, I don't burn them now even though I like many of the fragrances because they all give me a dreadful headache. I've moved on to Neom but as they're expensive I only buy when I come across some fab offers. Their own website do some great deals at times and I've also bought off Achica......both worth a look now-and-then if you fancy something different.

Pink Lady Slipper for me, it's beautiful...but have been using Kringle Candles and ~Fresh Mint~ is one scent getting many compliments, so put in an order for more this week end as they had free p&p over £10...also use Colony candles ~Fresh Orange~ being my favorite.

Don't forget you can use the votives in tart burners, just take out the wick and cut up.

daydreamer

Pink Sands, Baby Powder, Black Coconut & Jack Frost (now discontinued :frown: ) are my favourites - depending on the time of year!

My favourite is Red Berry & Cedar, I just love it. I also really like Grapevine & Oak but haven't seen it in a while so it may be discontinued. I bought quite a few large jars of both last year and am still working my way through those.

Inge :eek:)

I found a beautiful fragrance called Darling clemantine in a local store a few weeks back, only have the votives thou, would love a large jar of that

I became a Yankee lover through QVC many years ago and I have to say that Mackintosh Apple was my all time favourite as it reminded me of great baking days with my late Mum. We all loved her apple pies so she would batch-bake and the house seemed to keep that delicious smell for days. I then adored Baby Powder because of memories of our son and daughter as babies......used to walk down the baby aisle in the supermarkets just to get a whiff of Johnson's Baby Powder!! However, I don't burn them now even though I like many of the fragrances because they all give me a dreadful headache. I've moved on to Neom but as they're expensive I only buy when I come across some fab offers. Their own website do some great deals at times and I've also bought off Achica......both worth a look now-and-then if you fancy something different.

Try Blissful Autumn BL I had one last year and it reminded me of exactly that-Apple Pie or rather Apple crumble.

A couple of shops to check in are Tk Maxx and The works. Ive had a few bargains from both of them including a medium jar apple cider for £7.49 (Tk Maxx) and a Vannilla clouds large jar candle for £9.99 at The works. Neither seem to stock Yc that often but always worth a check everytime u pass by .

Latest posts

Back