Late night bitching, cats and Arlene Phillips

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just louis here. it took me four years to feel ready for another cat after my beloved dylan was put to sleep aged 16 (brother thomas killed by a car aged 5). i wanted two but the shelter would only home louis as a single cat (aggressive to other cats) and it was love at first sight, so...a singleton he is :)

They're adorable too. My brother has a labrador, called Gemma actually. I quite like the idea of having both but I gather it's best to introduce the cats into a dog's domain, not the other way round.

My Lab was a Gemma too, hence my Forum name! She was my best friend in the world....awww.

(i do have 4 chickens 2 ducks,

Yes, I have some of those as well, more ducks than hens.:rock: Plus three geese.

Have to stick up for the dogs though.
They can do more with you than the cats can't they?
Have you tried playing ball on the beach with a cat?? :cheeky:

Last edited:
Yet another one!

I'm a cat lover too, in fact my nickname on here means Green cat in Turkish.
I had a very much loved black cat called Holly who had to be put to sleep in July this year, she was 18 1/2. We don't feel ready to get another one just yet, but I'm sure we will one day.
probably why I feel so at home here with so many animal lovers on board. I also do voluntary work for the RSPCA.

I have three dogs, a large one and two smaller ones. I used to have my lovely Siamese cat too who just tuned into me and I miss her so much. I would have another tomorrow but the two smaller dogs would probably eat one. Also the cost of these cats is pretty restrictive now.

welcome to the forum yesil - we're all different aren't we? some people have to rush out and get another pet immediately and that's right for them. as i said, it took me four years to adopt louis who is soooo loved but i had to be ready first and the right time will come for you too :)

(louis was named by the shelter after he was found straying near lord mountbatten's estate) :)

I have three cats - Mushroom - a beautiful half Persian sweetie pie (she is really sweet), Menu a rufty tufty cat who is 1/4 Persian but thinks he is just a Lion and Pumpkin a 3/4 Persian who is my Shadow and you can generally find him lying on his back with his paws in the air! I would love to have a dog, but it would have to be the right dog to fit in with them - so it would have to be totally bullet proof and very, very forgiving. I find QVC quite relaxing for some reason, and as I am sometimes awake in the early hours it's easy nonsense.

when I split up from my partner a while back I missed his dog more than him!! Never was keen on dogs til I met this one and I grew to truly love her. Still get choked up if I think about her sweet face and and her daft little ways. so now I guess I like cats and dogs equally although I am currently without a pet. It's been fun reading about the pets on this thread.

Good point about the psychology of cat lovers. I adore them and notice there's a lot of them on here. Perhaps QVC should do a Litter Maid TSV.

http://www.littermaid.com/t-video-Littermaid.aspx

Switched off as soon as I heard Arelene Phillips's voice. I'm surprised she isn't fronting a skincare range - something to 'firm and plump' the skin on the face. I guess they already have Lulu for that.

What an excellent idea the Littermaid is - QVC please take note!

Come on all you dog lovers! Help me out here!
Another dog lover here Gemma, but I do think cats are very beautiful, lots of my doggy friends have both who live in harmony.
My dogs give me a reason for getting out of bed most mornings as I don`t enjoy good health QVC seem to be getting very fond of market tat jewellery of late ..very different from years ago .....gold and gem shows just don`t happen anymore do they?......Its getting a very boring channel isn`t it? .....Not sleeping well I`m always looking for something to pass the wee small hours away and QVC isn`t my choice anymore .......and the reruns of the Zumba (or whatever you call it) shows must surely being wearing the tapes thin!!

I don't have a cat but I do love them, and nice to see all the different ones on everyones avatars.

How lovely to see all you cat lovers. Anyone want mine, he's been a pain in the butt today, too wet and cold for his royal highness to go outside, so he got cabin fever, kept demanding more food and followed me around all day. It is only cute when you don't have an 11 week old to take for her jabs (mummy felt really mean, but gotta be done) plus a 2 year old who had to be collected early from nursery due to a temperature. Annoying pussy cat I need like a hole in the head. Looks like me and hubby in for a rough night.

Anyone know how I put my cat as my avatar on here? I'm so not tech savvy.

We have two dogs. Ancient Choccy Lab. called Charlie. We lost his sister (Poppy) two years ago. He was so lonely we got Maisie who is a white Labradoodle and is gorgeous. It took a while for them to gel but they are inseperable now. Don't know what we'll do when we lose Charlie - he's over 13 now.

I have three cats - Mushroom - a beautiful half Persian sweetie pie (she is really sweet), Menu a rufty tufty cat who is 1/4 Persian but thinks he is just a Lion and Pumpkin a 3/4 Persian who is my Shadow and you can generally find him lying on his back with his paws in the air! I would love to have a dog, but it would have to be the right dog to fit in with them - so it would have to be totally bullet proof and very, very forgiving. I find QVC quite relaxing for some reason, and as I am sometimes awake in the early hours it's easy nonsense.

No matter how much my dogs have outnumbered the cats, it's always the cats that are in charge!

My old one used to hide behind the back door as the dogs were coming in from the garden, just so she could catch them unawares & give each of them a quick swipe round the chops, to be sure they knew their place in the scheme of things.

Cats always rule over dogs! My dogs know there place!
hopefully i managed to change my avatar to my newest puss Mao (he had a different name but, all he does is mao, hence the name!)
Anyway he is ready for crimbo and his ears will be warm in the snow!

ok i can't find a JF thread so as i'm already breathing fire over the much anticipated apple few minutes, i need to let off steam so this will have to do.

so we get an extra half hour of JF - WHY does she ALWAYS wear those gruesome one shoulder tops. she must have a million of em - each one more tasteless than the last.

rant over.

Latest posts

Back