QVC's New Returns Service.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Have QVC actually started to listen to their customers? I noticed for the first time today that on the back of the new style returns slip were details of a new returns service operated with QVC and Hermes. For £3.65 you can drop your parcel to one of their dropshops where they will collect and return, or, for £3.95 you can have them come to your door. This applies to parcels that weigh up to 15kgs. More details here:

http://returns.myhermes.co.uk/returns/qvc

It's still more expensive that the £1.49 Collect+ service that IW and others use but significantly cheaper than sending something heavy and expensive back using Royal Fail or Parcelfarce.

How come there hasn't been any mention of this on air so far? Note too that you need to have access to a computer and printer to use the service. I'm sure it'll help though - there have been many times when I've avoided ordering products, boots for example, simply because of the cost of return. Well done QVC, a step in the right direction.

Ha-ha! I ordered a collection via myHermes and a courier arrived today but I only had a qvc sticker on my parcel and thought I could do without printing a label (I don't have a printer at home) but a courier didn't pick it up because he had to scan the barcode and I need to ask someone to print it for me now but don't know when the courier will call next. It cost me £4.20 for a pick up, however, this was for a parcel up to 2 kg and also restricted by measurements so not sure about the 15 kg weight how much this may cost.

I use this quite a lot now. It costs me £3.95 for a collection. I use it mainly for larger items but knowing the ridiculous costs of RM these days I am starting to use it more for smaller items too. I text my courier and he comes at an agreed time. You do, however, need a printer.

It is very handy to have it. I wonder why yours cost £4.20 and mine only £3.95? Do you follow the link from Q? It seems to be one price up to 15kg, and cheaper if you drop it to a collection point.

Still a lot of money when most of the catalogues charge nothing when you drop off returned items to their Click & Collect stores. Other catalogues include a Return Postage sticker for royal mail returns, and this again costs zero.

I agree Brissles. I have stuff to return to John Lewis, HoF and Lulu Guinness - they're all free. Shocking really. I like to see and feel goods in the flesh, so when ordering online there's always a danger that something will be sent back. I need to bear this in mind more when shopping with Q, and catching bits of today's shows I have been thinking about it! Unless it's something I really want and can't get elsewhere, I really am going to try and stay away from them from now on.

It is very handy to have it. I wonder why yours cost £4.20 and mine only £3.95? Do you follow the link from Q? It seems to be one price up to 15kg, and cheaper if you drop it to a collection point.
I put in my postcode and the destination postcode, then I chose the weight of my parcel (0-2 kg) and it calculates the price for me (£4.20). When I tried to put weight 2-5 kg it gave me the price of £5.40, 5-10 kg £7.20, 10-15 kg £9.60.

I put in my postcode and the destination postcode, then I chose the weight of my parcel (0-2 kg) and it calculates the price for me (£4.20). When I tried to put weight 2-5 kg it gave me the price of £5.40, 5-10 kg £7.20, 10-15 kg £9.60.

Oh I don't do any of that. It just asks if the parcel is under 15k, whether I want to drop off or have it collected and then asks for a date. If I can, I will log onto my laptop and see how I do it. It may save you a pound or two next time!

Edited to say it seems that Q have a set deal with Hermes over the charge. Do you select QVC from the list of retailers?

I agree Brissles. I have stuff to return to John Lewis, HoF and Lulu Guinness - they're all free. Shocking really. I like to see and feel goods in the flesh, so when ordering online there's always a danger that something will be sent back. I need to bear this in mind more when shopping with Q, and catching bits of today's shows I have been thinking about it! Unless it's something I really want and can't get elsewhere, I really am going to try and stay away from them from now on.

that's been my policy for the last 6 months and really haven't missed ordering from QVC. I doubt if I will ever go back to watching and buying from QVC regularly.

Either go to Customer Care on QVC website and click on ‘how do I return an item under the 30 day mbg’ or go to the link provided previously earlier in this post. I would go through Q as I know it links directly to this page, rather than My Hermes in general.

You get to a page with QVC returns service at the top. Press Continue at the bottom.

Log in, then your address details should be completed automatically, you then get to the page where you select the weight of your parcel, collection etc. Hope you can save some cash if you use it again!

I go to the library to print return labels from Amazzon, costs 10p.

I've got a parcel to return to Amazon - only the second time I've ever returned to Amazon. First time was a couple of months ago and the instructions were to print the label and take to post office for free return, easy, PO is just a couple of miles away. Amazon must have changed their process though, because instructions this time are to use Collect+ drop off for free return (if I return by PO Amazon will deduct £3.50 from my refund). Entering my postcode though to find Collect+ drop off points though, the nearest involves a 32 mile round trip, so this will certainly impact buying from Amazon as returns are now inconvenient.

Maybe the second item was a return to an amazon seller, which could have a different returns policy to Amazon itself?

Both items were direct from Amazon, and coincidentally both Kipling bags, so nothing in the size/weight/seller of the item to warrant the different return method, so I'm assuming Amazon have simply changed their returns process.

I've got a parcel to return to Amazon - only the second time I've ever returned to Amazon. First time was a couple of months ago and the instructions were to print the label and take to post office for free return, easy, PO is just a couple of miles away. Amazon must have changed their process though, because instructions this time are to use Collect+ drop off for free return (if I return by PO Amazon will deduct £3.50 from my refund). Entering my postcode though to find Collect+ drop off points though, the nearest involves a 32 mile round trip, so this will certainly impact buying from Amazon as returns are now inconvenient.

That's a shame Spartacus as if the Collect+ stores are nearby they work brilliantly. I returned a couple of things this way last year and the shops were only a mile or so from my home, one in each direction. The email saying that my money had been refunded came to my phone whilst in the car on my way home from dropping the parcel off! I assume they issue once the item is scanned at the shop and only reverse it if they get it back in poor condition. It saves them money as Amazon don't have to pay staff to issue refunds as the store does that for them. The item just gets sent direct to the warehouse for them to re-sell as a "warehouse deal".

That's a shame Spartacus as if the Collect+ stores are nearby they work brilliantly. I returned a couple of things this way last year and the shops were only a mile or so from my home, one in each direction. The email saying that my money had been refunded came to my phone whilst in the car on my way home from dropping the parcel off! I assume they issue once the item is scanned at the shop and only reverse it if they get it back in poor condition. It saves them money as Amazon don't have to pay staff to issue refunds as the store does that for them. The item just gets sent direct to the warehouse for them to re-sell as a "warehouse deal".

I wasn't sure how it worked - so do they scan the item in front of you when you hand it in at the Collect+ store? I've actually already got the refund - when I submitted the return notification online at Amazon I selected the instant credit option; I was happy to do that as it had been an Amazon gift certificate I'd used in the first place. I just need to make sure they get the item back by the January date they specified.

Latest posts

Back