Price drop now gone , now "Best of Bid"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Poor Schlock is getting bombarded with comments about the changes on his FB page and he's biting back!

Peter Howard Sherlock Yes you're all making it rather clear. Really pleasant to read on a Sunday morning

Shyster Sherlock, all lovely on screen 'please add me on facebook' but bites your arse when you don't suck up to him and dance to his lavender laden tune.

What a Schlock.

Shyster Sherlock, all lovely on screen 'please add me on facebook' but bites your arse when you don't suck up to him and dance to his lavender laden tune.

What a Schlock.

Well, there's a part of me which says that none of the changes are anything to do with him - but I suppose his FB fans see him as a 'voice' that can feedback to the company.
Another part of me says, if you can't take honest opinion/criticism then don't work in the media and don't make yourself accessible to the public.
And another bit which tells me that he's just an insignificant corporate puppet, he has to dance to whatever tune they play and he's highly unlikely to rock his career boat by showing his bosses a load of negative feedback.
My thoughts? Save your texting fingers Schlock followers, he might pretend he gives a damn but he's not going to go out on a limb for you or your opinions unless it's all sucking up and positive and puts him in a good light.

Well, there's a part of me which says that none of the changes are anything to do with him - but I suppose his FB fans see him as a 'voice' that can feedback to the company.
Another part of me says, if you can't take honest opinion/criticism then don't work in the media and don't make yourself accessible to the public.
And another bit which tells me that he's just an insignificant corporate puppet, he has to dance to whatever tune they play and he's highly unlikely to rock his career boat by showing his bosses a load of negative feedback.
My thoughts? Save your texting fingers Schlock followers, he might pretend he gives a damn but he's not going to go out on a limb for you or your opinions unless it's all sucking up and positive and puts him in a good light.

Oh you're dead right deedee. Of course Peter isn't responsible for the changes but if you constantly invite people onto your facebook page you shouldn't be too surprised when they express an opinion, especially when Bid TV rarely answer any questions on their own page.

You make a good observation! I don't use social media for several reasons. - foremost, here our opinions are our own, we answer to no one. If Perfume Pete was to put his head above the parapet so to speak it would be well and truly shot off. No one will publicly criticise their employers for that reason alone. However, deep down - he and all the other presenters know that what they do and how they represent the channel and they should expect feedback from this forum. If we are shouted at or blatantly told fibs then they all deserve to be told about it. I am surprised their on screen antics hasn't resulted in more of them being fired or replaced. Rant over - normal conditions now apply! :muscle:

You make a good observation! I don't use social media for several reasons. - foremost, here our opinions are our own, we answer to no one. If Perfume Pete was to put his head above the parapet so to speak it would be well and truly shot off. No one will publicly criticise their employers for that reason alone. However, deep down - he and all the other presenters know that what they do and how they represent the channel and they should expect feedback from this forum. If we are shouted at or blatantly told fibs then they all deserve to be told about it. I am surprised their on screen antics hasn't resulted in more of them being fired or replaced. Rant over - normal conditions now apply! :muscle:

Exactly Dave, no sensible person is going to criticise their employer via social media, that's career suicide.
I wonder if the remaining presenters are contracted rather than freelance which would explain why the ridiculous Schlock and the vile DP still remain on the channels, not to mention Gollum!

Of course they know what they've got up to, there's absolutely no doubt about it. It must gall them that many of us on here pretty much put a stop to the worst of their excesses and I have absolutely no doubt it would have continued if action hadn't been taken.

And I suspect they all know the flaky price comparisons are a load of tosh too, sadly this new shower seem to use this highly nefarious tactic even more than the old charlatans.

Exactly Dave, no sensible person is going to criticise their employer via social media, that's career suicide.
I wonder if the remaining presenters are contracted rather than freelance which would explain why the ridiculous Schlock and the vile DP still remain on the channels, not to mention Gollum!

Let me put it this way. The new set up in management is still being formulated, and I am sure there are more changes on the way. Some, not all deserve a bit of career restructure - for example MM should go back to the building trade and see how long it would be before he offends people he works with. If the on screen antics are seen and then commented on this forum the the new management must also be aware of the talent pool of the presenting team. If it were me I would have made choices who stays and goes, but I would do it over the short term. That's why I think more changes are coming with regard the presenters. You heard it here first.

Shylock follows me on twitter not that i care :p lol do think also that if you DO invite input from viewers/customers you must expect criticism not just all niceties

Get distinct impression gollum is same expects you to be all nice to him will turn on you if not

Get distinct impression gollum is same expects you to be all nice to him will turn on you if not

He has the right of reply. If he thinks his rudeness to certain female presenters is acceptable on live TV, then let him come on here and publicly say what he say's is what we should expect. :mysmilie_497:

He has the right of reply. If he thinks his rudeness to certain female presenters is acceptable on live TV, then let him come on here and publicly say what he say's is what we should expect. :mysmilie_497:

They absolutely do have the right of reply
In fact, Schlock used to come on this forum and comment back in the day - I respected him for that
However, I suspect Gollum doesn't understand the big words we use on here (like rudeness!) he's pretty thick and inarticulate IMO

They absolutely do have the right of reply
In fact, Schlock used to come on this forum and comment back in the day - I respected him for that
However, I suspect Gollum doesn't understand the big words we use on here (like rudeness!) he's pretty thick and inarticulate IMO

I bet we must be due for a name check when he is in next, tee hee. :mysmilie_12:

I bet we must be due for a name check when he is in next, tee hee. :mysmilie_12:

I do listen out for it, we get mentions regarding our comments from time to time but it's PJ who get the name checks
PJ is the forum equivalent of 'the special one'!

I love our sneaky mentions we know full well they mean us not exactly subtle as they think they are

I do listen out for it, we get mentions regarding our comments from time to time but it's PJ who get the name checks PJ is the forum equivalent of 'the special one'!

He probably thought it would scare me or stop me. Two for nothing then ..

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

He probably thought it would scare me or stop me. Two for nothing then ..

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

I think you're right, maybe he thought it would work as a shock tactic........wrong!!

Latest posts

Back