Yankee Candle Addicts (Exclusives Coming To Q )

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My trio arrived yesterday. Really love them. I don't like to recommend them to you though, jennypenny, because my favourite is the Ocean Star and look, Weathergirl said she cancelled her order after she tried that in a shop. It's so subjective. All three are "of a type", some nicer than others to my nose but, as I say, I can't speak for others' tastes.

its funny about the coconut bay from yankee the small tumbler from prices candles( tropical coconut) had a much stronger scent. cost around £2.50 and burned it for weeks excellent candles

They have Wild Sea Grass on TemptationGifts.com, jennypenny, all reduced:

http://www.temptationgifts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Wild+sea+grass

I bought from that site last week as Lake Sunset was on offer. Well packaged and despatched within 24 hours. Had never heard of the company before.

I also bought a Glade electric wax melt burner today from Tesco for £6 not that ugly and working fine at the moment. Says only to use with their melts but maybe they would say that. Will give it a go with some other brand melts tomorrow.

I bought from that site last week as Lake Sunset was on offer. Well packaged and despatched within 24 hours. Had never heard of the company before.

I also bought a Glade electric wax melt burner today from Tesco for £6 not that ugly and working fine at the moment. Says only to use with their melts but maybe they would say that. Will give it a go with some other brand melts tomorrow.

my friends have tested that one & apparently it took a lot longer to melt a yankee one as its only a 20W one

i have the glade one and it works fine with Yankee tarts :) . My Yankee Candle tart warmer is only 12W where as the Glade one is 20W so gets plenty of heart to melt the tarts. The Airwick Warmers arent as good as they are only 11W so takes a lot longer to melt Yankee Tarts :).

20W is way hotter than loads of Yankee tart burners SuperCoolWillow. Their average highest is around 18W. Maybe your friend has tried the other one by Airwick as thats loads lower. I bought one of those and returned it. Then bought a Glade from my local Asda and it melts no problem. Not very pretty granted but works a treat and it was only £6 so you can't go wrong.

Oh dear I bought the Airwick one as well, think that was £5.50. Will be a melt off tomorrow then !

My trio arrived yesterday. Really love them. I don't like to recommend them to you though, jennypenny, because my favourite is the Ocean Star and look, Weathergirl said she cancelled her order after she tried that in a shop. It's so subjective. All three are "of a type", some nicer than others to my nose but, as I say, I can't speak for others' tastes.

Just to clarify I discovered the sea coral one in my drawer not in a shop. I lit it and did not like it... so I tried it cold and burning. I prefer to try a votive first if I can but didn't realise I had this. From the description of the other fragrances in the trio I think I would like Ocean Star but not sure about Oceanside. Even though the price of this trio is good I would want to like them all before getting them in a large jar.

Mine arrived the other day and I love them all (how unusual, not!!!). I have already had Ocean Star and it is a pretty strong ozone, reminding me of the old Ocean Water which was one of my all time faves (along with Evening Air and Willow Breeze) and much better than the feeble Ocean Blossom. I really liked Sea Coral and the Oceanside was lovely too but may be the weakest of the three. Now just waiting for the final AD to be despatched later this month......... My YC cupboard is FULL and the Ocean ones have had to go into another!!!!

Mine arrived the other day and I love them all (how unusual, not!!!). I have already had Ocean Star and it is a pretty strong ozone, reminding me of the old Ocean Water which was one of my all time faves (along with Evening Air and Willow Breeze) and much better than the feeble Ocean Blossom. I really liked Sea Coral and the Oceanside was lovely too but may be the weakest of the three. Now just waiting for the final AD to be despatched later this month......... My YC cupboard is FULL and the Ocean ones have had to go into another!!!!

Could have been me writing this! I like the way you are kidding yourself with the "just waiting for the next delivery..." bit, as if you are going to stop after that! I said that about 12 jars ago.

Oh no! Not kidding myself about stopping AFTER the AD, just hoping I do not cave in BEFORE it comes, lol.

Oh no! Not kidding myself about stopping AFTER the AD, just hoping I do not cave in BEFORE it comes, lol.

Ha ha ha! At least you are THINKING of trying to resist. Not long till we receive the next AD though (if you mean the 3 large jars which started with the Grand Bazaar set in January) - 3rd week in October I reckon.

That is the one! Not exactly hard to last that long is it? I think even I should manage that......... unless....... Perhaps there will not be any shows for a couple of weeks.

I've just been very bad and bought some large Village Candles. It was a bargain too big to ignore - they have the large jars for £12 at the moment (loads and loads of different fragrances) and free P&P on orders over £25 throughout October. Then, there's a code for £10 off £20, £20 off £50 and £30 off £100. So I got five large jars for £40 all in (£8 each!).

I really, really, really do NOT need more candles. There's definitely something wrong with me.

I've just been very bad and bought some large Village Candles. It was a bargain too big to ignore - they have the large jars for £12 at the moment (loads and loads of different fragrances) and free P&P on orders over £25 throughout October. Then, there's a code for £10 off £20, £20 off £50 and £30 off £100. So I got five large jars for £40 all in (£8 each!).

I really, really, really do NOT need more candles. There's definitely something wrong with me.

LOL! You're in good company on here then!

Ooo which did you go for? I have to say that IMO Village Candles are better than Yc, its just a shame that VC's arent sold in as many places as Yankee :(

It's good to know actually. I have noticed there are a few nutters on here so I do feel at home.

I don't have as [ahem] extensive a collection as some of my fellow forumites, but it's big enough that my brother asked me if I had shares in Yankee Candle! I now make sure that the majority of my candle collection sits in the cupboard until needed.

Latest posts

Back