Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I dislike Kathy more every time I see her on air. The Wednesday fashion show looks she wore were mostly dreadful. She is ill prepared and quite the rudest of the presenters, in my opinion. Just goes to show we're all different. My favourite by far is Anne Dawson. Well groomed, wears clothes that fit, rarely interrupts, does her homework and isn't glued to a flipping i-pad! She comes over more authentically to me than Kathy (who I think is the best looking of the women presenters).

I think she's rude, can be decidedly waspish & is still gauche even though she's been on air for years. I don't like any of them but there are some I dislike more than others.

Kathy is rude and aggressive and you can tell by her demeanour that you'd dare not cross her. There was a woman on Facebook a few years back I read who said she Tweeted her fashion hour saying that she didn't think that green trousers and orange top is particularly a good luck, and Kathy Tweeted back saying "well you stick to your your boring old monochrome look then!!" Kathy is definitely a smack you soon as look at you type of woman.

Indeed....except a lot of it is extensions.....another fake thing!

Kabler the gabbler & Chuntley have had extensions. A couple of years ago there was debate whether Pipa had also done that as her hair, previously very short, had suddenly grown into something Rapunzel would have been proud of, she said she was lucky to have hair that grew quickly. However, ickle Claire Sutton & JR both have abundant hair & I don't think either would need any extra added. In my opinion Claire Sutton's waves look dated, after seeing a post about her yesterday I looked at the recording & she had what I call the 'Frame Look' - all the attention at the front & a flat back. She calls her mother Mummy & has talked about the years when her children were tiny as her favourite time so her choice of hairstyle fits in with these. Of course, it could be that she just doesn't like short hair!

Claire and Julia both have natural, lovely hair. I think Claire has a bit of help, though - it seems a bit too good to be true. Debbie and Jill have the best hair of the lot, I believe - lots of product, probably. I've tried all hair products known to woman (and a few known to man) and none of them work to change my hair. The hair looks "reasonable" after coming out of the hairdresser, but I've given up going there, since I don't want to sit looking at myself in the mirror for for an hour, or more.

I think Pippa has the most annoying manner and Jackie Kabler .. Kathy may still have a hang ups from breakfast TV...so might be thinking she’s above others as she’s worked on “ proper “ TV
Just a theory of course ...

Claire and Julia both have natural, lovely hair. I think Claire has a bit of help, though - it seems a bit too good to be true. Debbie and Jill have the best hair of the lot, I believe - lots of product, probably. I've tried all hair products known to woman (and a few known to man) and none of them work to change my hair. The hair looks "reasonable" after coming out of the hairdresser, but I've given up going there, since I don't want to sit looking at myself in the mirror for for an hour, or more.

Oh my word don't agree about Debbie and Jill's hair.......Jill's is like straw and needs a new style and colour and Debbie's stripes, sorry highlights are awful!

Oh my word don't agree about Debbie and Jill's hair.......Jill's is like straw and needs a new style and colour and Debbie's stripes, sorry highlights are awful!

I agree on both counts!!
Considering they have so many fabulous hair products to use -there isnt one of the presenters whose hair I envy...and many have permanant black partings even though Colour Wow is amazing wonderful fantastic- apparently!!

I think Pippa has the most annoying manner and Jackie Kabler .. Kathy may still have a hang ups from breakfast TV...so might be thinking she’s above others as she’s worked on “ proper “ TV
Just a theory of course ...

Pipa is another Bulls##tter. She pretends to live in the Cotswolds when she actually lives in Stratford on Avon, which is where the Brummie wannabees live. Sorry for any offence, the weather has truly 'peed on my chips' today.

Brummie wannabees :mysmilie_17: I never knew there was such a thing lol. Mr CC is from the Midlands but he became a wannabee Scot. I thought Stratford on Avon was quite posh.

CC

Many moons ago, when I watched the Q & listened to the presenters, I can remember Julia laughing at Alison Young because she said she always wore make-up even when she was mucking out. Julia said she didn't bother when she was at home & wasn't recognised when shopping etc. I don't know if age, vanity & her concerns over her health have meant that she now does wear it when 'off duty but I've seen her photos from her holidays & her face & hair do look natural. She doesn't wear high heels because of the issues she's had after having Polio as a child & we all know she wears her toe posts in every season & may even still have her Markon boots.

Well, not wearing high heels because of health issues as a child doesn't quite square with the fact that she was a dancer in her youth ! unless of course she wore flatties the whole time. You need to have a long memory to tell fibs.

Brummie wannabees :mysmilie_17: I never knew there was such a thing lol. Mr CC is from the Midlands but he became a wannabee Scot. I thought Stratford on Avon was quite posh.

CC

Not quite what I mean't, but very funny, nonetheless. I think you may have the same soh as me....poor you:mysmilie_17:

Well, not wearing high heels because of health issues as a child doesn't quite square with the fact that she was a dancer in her youth ! unless of course she wore flatties the whole time. You need to have a long memory to tell fibs.

Yes she used to say her calves were big from her dancing.

Julia fell over whilst on holiday after "overbalancing on her weaker polio ankle" and needed a couple of stitches in her knee. She posted a photo of her bandaged leg on her blog. I don't know why a photo was necessary but that seems to be what people do these days. I don't know how she was a professional dancer, which I imagine is very demanding, if polio caused such problems. I would also have thought that a proper shoe would be better than a toe-post shoe that's not flat if she has a weak ankle.

Julia fell over whilst on holiday after "overbalancing on her weaker polio ankle" and needed a couple of stitches in her knee. She posted a photo of her bandaged leg on her blog. I don't know why a photo was necessary but that seems to be what people do these days. I don't know how she was a professional dancer, which I imagine is very demanding, if polio caused such problems. I would also have thought that a proper shoe would be better than a toe-post shoe that's not flat if she has a weak ankle.

I happened to see her on QVC style, she was sitting on a high stool when asked why and went on about her accident. I switched over.

i dont think she was a ballet dancer. her mum taught dancing i think ballet. those calves could be that developed due to swimming.

Latest posts

Back