Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 13/01/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sizings on Q need serious scrutiny. I bought what looked like a lovely faux fur coat, going by the sizing it was generous so I sized down to a 10. Coat arrived, gorgeous but I could have gone for the smallest size (6). I'm a standard 12. Coat was too big and too long and looked like a dressing gown on me. £5 to return and I was disappointed. Do Q need tiny models to show how things might look on smaller folk? I think just getting a small girl on to model the everyday things would be good. Ok most things would look ridiculous but at least us smaller people would know not to buy.

CC

Imo this jacket is yet another pointless addition to Ruth's collection, yet another plasticky looking jacket that's gonna be pretty useless for this season anyway, same old same old. Last night Claire came out in the cricket jumper and a little bit later in the show Ruth plucked a very similar jumper from the rail V neck sweater with a couple of stripes around the arms, Jackie commented upon how similar it was to the cricket jumper and Ruth almost tore her apart, and Jackie had to laugh it off and say that it's nothing like the cricket jumper at all. (It was btw!) Sorry your highness, the cricket jumper is coTTon/Viscose and the new one is Viscose/CoTTon! Well if you check the website, which sadly I did, the two jumpers have exactly the same ratio of cotton to viscose! Ok Ruth the V neck on the cricket jumper's a little bit higher I'll give you that but like most of her collection it's a variation on the same theme, too tight and too expensive!

Imo this jacket is yet another pointless addition to Ruth's collection, yet another plasticky looking jacket that's gonna be pretty useless for this season anyway, same old same old. Last night Claire came out in the cricket jumper and a little bit later in the show Ruth plucked a very similar jumper from the rail V neck sweater with a couple of stripes around the arms, Jackie commented upon how similar it was to the cricket jumper and Ruth almost tore her apart, and Jackie had to laugh it off and say that it's nothing like the cricket jumper at all. (It was btw!) Sorry your highness, the cricket jumper is coTTon/Viscose and the new one is Viscose/CoTTon! Well if you check the website, which sadly I did, the two jumpers have exactly the same ratio of cotton to viscose! Ok Ruth the V neck on the cricket jumper's a little bit higher I'll give you that but like most of her collection it's a variation on the same theme, too tight and too expensive!
Ruth’s range has gone steadily downhill since she launched. Q and RL, imo, have become greedy and arrogant. An any old tat with the label on approach.
I still enjoy watching Ruth, as she’s far more professional than most Q presenters, but I am not prepared to pay for the privilege of wearing an RWL logo on average to poor quality clothing.

Ruth’s range has gone steadily downhill since she launched. Q and RL, imo, have become greedy and arrogant. An any old tat with the label on approach.
I still enjoy watching Ruth, as she’s far more professional than most Q presenters, but I am not prepared to pay for the privilege of wearing an RWL logo on average to poor quality clothing.
To be fair I wouldn't be prepared to display a RWL logo on quality goods! You couldn't exactly purr out the words "Ruth Langsford dahling" without making yourself look an absolute twat!!!

Since when is a size 8 a 41” chest? How on earth can anyone buy with confidence in the unlikely event they’re tempted. I’d like to know the sleeve length on qvc jackets. I’m small and if they’re right on the models they’ll be ridiculous on me. They breezily push up the sleeves as if those details don’t matter.
The few RL clothes I've bought had dodgy sizing. The jacket, although well made, was too tight and the sleeves were too short. I bought what I thought was my correct size. The colours she has chosen for this particular jacket are quite dingy, imo. However, fans of her styles will no doubt buy in their droves.

The few RL clothes I've bought had dodgy sizing. The jacket, although well made, was too tight and the sleeves were too short. I bought what I thought was my correct size. The colours she has chosen for this particular jacket are quite dingy, imo. However, fans of her styles will no doubt buy in their droves.
I've only tried one of her items and I can't say I was impressed. It was a rather corporate looking blouse, but for some reason I liked the look of it but wasn't gonna pay £50 & postage for it. I found one on Ebay for a tenner and a couple of quid postage, and I found not only did it feel heavy and sweaty, it did absolutely nothing for me whatsoever. It looked really chic on the boobilicious youngsters I saw modelling it but on me I looked as though I was wearing a work shirt that was too big for me. I donated it to a charity shop.
Tell a lie, I've got a pair of her sunglasses that I bought in clearance and they're pretty decent and I love the foldable case, wouldn't have paid full price for them.

The only RL item I've bought was the first pair of jeans she brought out, billed as the solution to our jeans issues. They ballooned on the hips and thighs and were skin tight on the calves and my hips and thighs are proportionally larger than my calves, so goodness knows who they would fit. Again, I'd left it too late to return (I'm a slow learner) so it was charity shop fodder and I've bought nothing of her range since.

I bought her jeans in tall. They were fine on the length, but fit badly across the hips, and puffed out around the zip area. Sorry to say, I now use them for gardening or painting. M&S tall jeans fit me very well. I think Ruth puts her heart into her clothing range, but the styles and fit are, imo, off the mark.

I bought her jeans in tall. They were fine on the length, but fit badly across the hips, and puffed out around the zip area. Sorry to say, I now use them for gardening or painting. M&S tall jeans fit me very well. I think Ruth puts her heart into her clothing range, but the styles and fit are, imo, off the mark.
I have lots of her clothes and have had no problems with the quality or sizing.

I have lots of her clothes and have had no problems with the quality or sizing.
I have a few of her jackets - denim and biker - and love them but I can’t get beyond the padded envelope comparison 🤣🙈🤣 for this jacket. It’s not for me….but clearly others like it because lots of sizes have sold out. I like watching her shows….she is entertaining while ironing 😊

Pushed up sleeves is done on all fashion with long sleeves. Who does that in real life ? Why not just buy 3/4 sleeves instead. I do. The dum dums on qvc think it's "cool", its not, particularly on thick jackets it's stooopid. But it doesn't help in assessing how long the sleeves are - in most cases too long.

Yes Ruthie rarely looks good in her "own" stuff. Jumpers are too tight around the hips, and I don't think jeans actually suit her - makes her very mumsy - not in a good way.

I thought the jacket looked better on the models than in the photos on here but the khaki one still looked plastic. The jacket Catherine was wearing didn't look like it would fasten so she wasn't doing it any favours. Why not just wear the right size?

I quite like watching the shows with Ruth and Jackie but the clothes would be huge on me and a bit mumsy. The prices are quite high as well, especially the footwear.

CC

Eamon Holmes has said that they have had to sell their house due to a high Tax Bill.

Is it me???
I'm actually watching QVC and Ruth Langsford is on flogging her stuff. It really must be me, I honestly wouldn't dream of wearing any of her "designs" if they were free, let alone pay the silly prices she's asking.
I mean, £33 +£4 p and for a long sleeved tee shirt with little girly hearts on the front, being flogged under the guise of, it's almost Valentine's day! Really! And what does Jackie Kabler look like - pigeon toed, silly cuffed denims and a hideous faux suede jacket with, wait for it, leopard print turn back cuffs!! I had something similar in the 90's when I was a young thing. Time to switch over, I don't belong in their club, obviously.
Before I go, ordered a few tunic tops from Roman, in their sale. £16 each. No p and p. Arrived in 3 days. Only kept one, went one back, money refunded to my account within 5 days.
Enjoy your evening everyone.

If I ever flick onto QVC these days I seem to ‘hit’ a RL session.I am lost as to why these garments seem to be so popular.I am no youngster fashionista but everything I see from ‘designer, not’ Ruth is so deadly dull and dated.I wouldn’t even be slightly tempted to try anything even if P&P/returns were free and the garments less than half the price.It seems as though I am not entirely alone as some of the reviews are not good, sizing, quality, overpriced and then £s to be delivered in a plastic bag and a week for the creases to drop out!

Latest posts

Back