Ruth Langsford Fashion TSV 28/10/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't even want to imagine. Clearly the factories have surplus amounts of faux leather, so we're still plagued with trousers, skirts and jackets. The team commonly known as Ruth Langsford must be their best customer.
I’ve never really got the appeal. I can understand faux leather being a cheaper alternative when it comes to footwear, bags & jackets, but I don’t fancy wearing skirts or trousers made out of it . I hate to be ageist but I think they’re best left to the youngsters . My teenage years have long gone- even my recycled ones!

I’ve never really got the appeal. I can understand faux leather being a cheaper alternative when it comes to footwear, bags & jackets, but I don’t fancy wearing skirts or trousers made out of it . I hate to be ageist but I think they’re best left to the youngsters . My teenage years have long gone- even my recycled ones!
Four garments I will never wear: puffer jacket, jumpsuit, anything made of pleather, and a Christmas jumper.

I don't even want to imagine. Clearly the factories have surplus amounts of faux leather, so we're still plagued with trousers, skirts and jackets. The team commonly known as Ruth Langsford must be their best customer.
Just like the denim jackets,faux leather has infected all brands. They keep saying it looks so real. Well it doesn’t from what I see.

Just like the denim jackets,faux leather has infected all brands. They keep saying it looks so real. Well it doesn’t from what I see.
If you watched Kelly Hoppen the other evening launch her TSV (the throw with pillows) she was wearing a short, black leather jacket, almost a shrug, and it was obviously genuine leather. I say "obviously" not because she's rich and you assume she can afford real leather, but because it looked like leather, not like that shiny, plasticized fabric that's everywhere. Who is Ruth kidding?

Let's get real. Faux leather is plastic vinyl, but for marketing purposes it's called a fancy name as saying " plastic vinyl trousers, jackets" wouldn't sell. This stuff looks cheap and nothing like soft buttery leather, but I understand that vegetarians and vegans prefer it, but why call it leather ? It's like bacon and sausages not containing meat but still retain the meat names.

Let's get real. Faux leather is plastic vinyl, but for marketing purposes it's called a fancy name as saying " plastic vinyl trousers, jackets" wouldn't sell. This stuff looks cheap and nothing like soft buttery leather, but I understand that vegetarians and vegans prefer it, but why call it leather ? It's like bacon and sausages not containing meat but still retain the meat names.
When I was younger I had a really nice plastic raincoat. It didn't look at all like leather, and if you wore it on days that were anywhere above 5°C you'd sweat half your body weight off in 30 minutes. But I thought it looked great, and it kept me dry.

Plastic coats and jackets don't have to be pretend leather. If anything, the faux leather can look worse because it's trying so hard to look like something else. Especially grey faux leather, which just looks like cheap plastic IMO. Even if it's pricey to produce

Attachments

• Ruth Trouser TSV 1.jpg
    Ruth Trouser TSV 1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Ruth Trouser TSV 2.jpg
    Ruth Trouser TSV 2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Ruth Trouser TSV 3.jpg
    Ruth Trouser TSV 3.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 239
  • Ruth Trouser TSV 4.jpg
    Ruth Trouser TSV 4.jpg