Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Attachments

• Ruth TSV 1.png
    Ruth TSV 1.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 389
  • Ruth TSV 4.jpg
    Ruth TSV 4.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 390
I really need a short sleeved shirt that has nothing to set it apart from anything I could get for a couple of £s,.Ruthie Will point out it is a wardrobe staple and take a deep breath, look, matching buttons.That is a TSV? The design skills have evaporated, sorry Merryone but the Co-op overall is like Chanel couture compared to this offering.

The point is Ruthie does not design, she ticks images she likes, throws in ideas of items that have caught her eye etc.Designers of clothing generally do not sit at drawing boards sifting through colours and fabric samples!Hours are spent liaising with manufacturers, getting garment into cost etc. it consumes long hours and not for the faint hearted.QVC have engaged RL as she is known on mainstream TV and appeals to their ‘target customer’, she is a good and convincing presenter.If Ruth’s name is on the label then the faithful have to have it, forget the fact that it has been ‘done’ years ago by the average high St. retailers and they are paying well over the odds.Sorry, all you savvy people know all that anyway!

I really need a short sleeved shirt that has nothing to set it apart from anything I could get for a couple of £s,.Ruthie Will point out it is a wardrobe staple and take a deep breath, look, matching buttons.That is a TSV? The design skills have evaporated, sorry Merryone but the Co-op overall is like Chanel couture compared to this offering.
I've got a pretty one from Amazon Essentials it wasn't expensive and it's rayon not poly and it's a lovely fit.

The point is Ruthie does not design, she ticks images she likes, throws in ideas of items that have caught her eye etc.Designers of clothing generally do not sit at drawing boards sifting through colours and fabric samples!Hours are spent liaising with manufacturers, getting garment into cost etc. it consumes long hours and not for the faint hearted.QVC have engaged RL as she is known on mainstream TV and appeals to their ‘target customer’, she is a good and convincing presenter.If Ruth’s name is on the label then the faithful have to have it, forget the fact that it has been ‘done’ years ago by the average high St. retailers and they are paying well over the odds.Sorry, all you savvy people know all that anyway!

I think she designs the label herself (not the one with the washing instructions on). :rolleyes:

I've got a pretty one from Amazon Essentials it wasn't expensive and it's rayon not poly and it's a lovely fit.

Yes, Silver Fox, she does not actually design her clothes on a sketch pad or a computer programme as does a conventional dress designer. She tells her QVC team what she would like to have manufactured using her label, and they create samples for her to approve or not. I feel sure she is quite particular that her input is followed through, however.

Well her jackets are not graded up to high street proportions. So her input is not good enough. skimping on fabric is the hallmark of cheap clothing
I've heard her say that in the UK, sizing has 'Industry Standards,' but I don't know if she was referring to her jackets. I bought one of her quilted jackets and the fit was very bad. Too tight at the front, and ballooning out at the back. The quality and workmanship were good, however.

I have her denim jacket. Size 12 true to size and I love it. Did get in the outlet store at Shrewsbury and it still looks great. Generally I think her items are expensive. The few items I got from the outlet very happy with them.

Yes, Silver Fox, she does not actually design her clothes on a sketch pad or a computer programme as does a conventional dress designer. She tells her QVC team what she would like to have manufactured using her label, and they create samples for her to approve or not. I feel sure she is quite particular that her input is followed through, however.
Exactly the real graft is getting those samples in the first place, been there , done it that is why I get so P*****off by the likes of RL, she is presenting anything else is a full time job and the rest!

Latest posts

Back