Ruth TSV 3.jpg
    472.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Ruth TSV 4.jpg
    Ruth TSV 4.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Ruth TSV 5.jpg
    Ruth TSV 5.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 0
£15 in Primark. No doubt the big zip will be a selling point.

CC
Yes, by looking at the pics, the white zip will be something different to discuss. I find this type of neckline uncomfortable for lounging around in. The points of the collar poke me too much when the zip is fully zipped up. Pulled down halfway is better.

The sleeves are too short on the model, neither full length nor three quarter. A totally uninspiring garment.

She really is running out of ideas!! This is another piece of cheap looking tat that will be sold at a stupid price and looks as if its come off a market stall!
I'd agree that she's running out of ideas, you can see that with the seemingly endless variations on the same jumper. I wouldn't go as far to say that her stuff looks like it belongs on a market stall but a lot of it wouldn't look out of place in the budget end of the high street. This jumper reminds me of something my mum would've picked up from "B Wise" or Q/S (remember them?) pre-millennium for about £8. These days I would say that the majority of her range would sit best in Bon Marche. Some of her bigger items, such as coats, bags and footwear are similar to what M&S sell, but with a higher price tag - and a quality that has yet to prove itself. I really don't know who she thinks she is sometimes! The basics like vests and T shirts can be bought anywhere for a fraction of the price, and let's face it Primark have caught up with the customers wish for organic/fair trade fabrics so her usp's are becoming harder and harder to justify when it comes to price. She's not gonna stop any time soon, and neither will Q stop introducing "celebs" to bump up the prices of such mediocre clothes and accessories.

I'd agree that she's running out of ideas, you can see that with the seemingly endless variations on the same jumper. I wouldn't go as far to say that her stuff looks like it belongs on a market stall but a lot of it wouldn't look out of place in the budget end of the high street. This jumper reminds me of something my mum would've picked up from "B Wise" or Q/S (remember them?) pre-millennium for about £8. These days I would say that the majority of her range would sit best in Bon Marche. Some of her bigger items, such as coats, bags and footwear are similar to what M&S sell, but with a higher price tag - and a quality that has yet to prove itself. I really don't know who she thinks she is sometimes! The basics like vests and T shirts can be bought anywhere for a fraction of the price, and let's face it Primark have caught up with the customers wish for organic/fair trade fabrics so her usp's are becoming harder and harder to justify when it comes to price. She's not gonna stop any time soon, and neither will Q stop introducing "celebs" to bump up the prices of such mediocre clothes and accessories.
Totally agree merryone! What really gets to me with her are the prices of her shoes and handbags, she has the absolute nerve to charge more than the likes of Ben De Lisi and Julian McDonald, Helene Berman etc who even if you don't like their stuff, they are trained "Designers", where she is just a telly presenter who is putting her name to a clothes range, if I was her I would be totally embarrassed to stand there and try and justify those prices, when "proper" designers are charging less!!

Be careful we could be getting an Alison Hammond clothing range next as she seems to be the number one choice for almost every gig going now.🤨
Believe it or not I don't think that would be a bad idea, not Alison Hammond per se as she's not everybody's cup of tea as she's loud and everywhere. But I think it would make a refreshing change to see a range for the larger lady just so long as it doesn't rely upon how far the fabric will stretch. Instead focusing upon how baggy tunics, bulky horse blankets and super stretchy (super sweaty) polyester isn't the answer. Of course having a famous larger lady representing a brand isn't without its problems as it's very likely they'll end up compromising their range with their latest fitness/weight loss dvd. However, they could do with a properly thought out range for eg size 18 upwards.

Believe it or not I don't think that would be a bad idea, not Alison Hammond per se as she's not everybody's cup of tea as she's loud and everywhere. But I think it would make a refreshing change to see a range for the larger lady just so long as it doesn't rely upon how far the fabric will stretch. Instead focusing upon how baggy tunics, bulky horse blankets and super stretchy (super sweaty) polyester isn't the answer. Of course having a famous larger lady representing a brand isn't without its problems as it's very likely they'll end up compromising their range with their latest fitness/weight loss dvd. However, they could do with a properly thought out range for eg size 18 upwards.
I thought Brenda Edwards ticked that box!

If more than a certain percentage of items offered by QVC are customer returns, the brand will be discontinued. Either people like what they buy or don't return goods because they can't be bothered. QVC can't continue supporting poor quality, high price products. RL repeats that her prices are high due to the superior quality of the fabric she uses. Surely her clothes must be a notch above market stall fashions. Of course, this is my opinion and I'm not a RL fan. But it makes sense to me that she's lasted for many years because her clothes are acceptable to the ladies who buy them.

Ruth has done well because she’s professional, and presents her range well. Also she is popular, with many fans, who obviously believe she’s their friend, and is interested in them. She gels well with Jackie.Their shows together are watchable. I do believe that she does have a lot of interest in her range, I think she is too professional to put her name to anything without having a fair amount of control over it.

Latest posts

Back