The French tuck

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cynical as usual, I just think they’re trying to say look, if our top is way too long for you, try this natty option. I don’t know why they’re pinning it on the French who tend to look a lot better than us but the Italians have the best style imo.

I have been known to use it, or at least a variation of it. I have a couple of tunic tops that I don't look quite right tucked in completely, but tucked in loosely and ruched over a bit they look a lot better than they do just hanging down as they can look a bit frumpy otherwise. I would actually do that all around the garment and not just at the front as I think it looks a bit off and doesn't feel very secure.

I have been known to use it, or at least a variation of it. I have a couple of tunic tops that I don't look quite right tucked in completely, but tucked in loosely and ruched over a bit they look a lot better than they do just hanging down as they can look a bit frumpy otherwise. I would actually do that all around the garment and not just at the front as I think it looks a bit off and doesn't feel very secure.
Spot on,I've done that too. Also long tshirts knotted at the side to hide the ever expanding belly 🤦🏼‍♀️

Pisses me off when I'm trying to work out the length of something I'd consider buying and the models unfailingly wear it like this. Or are sitting hunched over/standing in a ridiculous pose. I don't like tops falling short as I'm pretty tall and find it unflattering.

I'm also seeing tops getting shorter and shorter. Is this because fashion is dictating everything is tucked in including bulky jumpers? Or is it simply an excuse to cut costs?

I see women wearing tops and jumpers tucked in when they have a bit too much of a pot that would look so much more flattering covered. Don't get me started on young, quite overweight girls wearing tops like this and worn with skinny jeans or leggings. I understand the pressure of trying to be fashionable but it's about time they stopped being sheep and started dressing in more flattering clothes.

I have something even better than a mirror - a Mr. AE. One 🤨 and a "really?" prompts another look in the mirror and removes my rose tinted specs. We have rather different tastes but he always goes for flattering over my sometimes wishful thinking about something liked in a shop/online.

Delivered in a spookily similar way that my mum used to, too.

There are always sheep in fashion !
I used to buy bigger to accommodate a broad back and upper arms, BUT the tops were too long. It's a known fact that tops covering bum and belly only make you look much larger, so I'd shorten them to belly button level. Try it, and see the difference it makes.

I used to buy bigger to accommodate a broad back and upper arms, BUT the tops were too long. It's a known fact that tops covering bum and belly only make you look much larger, so I'd shorten them to belly button level. Try it, and see the difference it makes.
I've done that as well. Not quite a 'crop top' but covering the waist. Visually much more appealing.

Talking about the "French tuck", just flicked on to QVC. Dear god, the Malissa J woman and Jackie Kabler don't half look a real mess (imo). I have never seen such hideous clothing in all my life! She's just said its a premium range!! A vile shocking pink cheap old gathered her skirt for £55 + p and p! I have never seen Jackie look so dreadful, and I'm not even going to comment on the ba with her chunky jumper French tucked into her net skirt, all set off with a hideous pair of trainers. Chic she ain't!! 😂

I tried but I just don't look... balanced. I'm an hourglass shape so tend to buy more fitted tops. Cutting off at the waist by tucking in or buying shorter tops looks really weird on me.

Fitted shirts with a tail either worn alone or over a t-shirt or vest top suit me best. Though I can tuck into a skirt without the weird alien look.

I didn't see the show,I'll have to have a peek later. Someone on the Fakebook QVC group said it was hideous...Malissa J replied 'sorry I can't please everyone'! The circus has now left town 😬

Talking about the "French tuck", just flicked on to QVC. Dear god, the Malissa J woman and Jackie Kabler don't half look a real mess (imo). I have never seen such hideous clothing in all my life! She's just said its a premium range!! A vile shocking pink cheap old gathered her skirt for £55 + p and p! I have never seen Jackie look so dreadful, and I'm not even going to comment on the ba with her chunky jumper French tucked into her net skirt, all set off with a hideous pair of trainers. Chic she ain't!! 😂
Holy $hit! You're not wrong. Jackie looks as though she's raided the laundry basket wearing a blindfold - Not a good look! Malissa herself - absolutely shocking and that includes the colour. Making a skirt out of bright pink netting does not make it look trendy or stylish if it's a frumpy shape and length it'll still look frumpy. On its own the pink jumper is ok but as I often say a good outfit is as much about balance. I have nothing against clashing colours, but to mix heavy fabrics with light can only work if you're careful and that means proper checking out the look in the mirror. Footwear is the biggest problem when it comes to balance. That pair of trainers that finish below the hemline makes her feet look like a couple of paddles sticking out and makes her look short and dumpy, and let's not forget, ridiculous! Had she worn a chunky pair of biker style boots where the tops were hidden by the hem that would've have balanced the entire outfit so even the heavy jumper wouldn't have looked so wrong. There are no excuses for the hideous skirt of course but bad clothes coupled with bad balance = disaster!

Holy $hit! You're not wrong. Jackie looks as though she's raided the laundry basket wearing a blindfold - Not a good look! Malissa herself - absolutely shocking and that includes the colour. Making a skirt out of bright pink netting does not make it look trendy or stylish if it's a frumpy shape and length it'll still look frumpy. On its own the pink jumper is ok but as I often say a good outfit is as much about balance. I have nothing against clashing colours, but to mix heavy fabrics with light can only work if you're careful and that means proper checking out the look in the mirror. Footwear is the biggest problem when it comes to balance. That pair of trainers that finish below the hemline makes her feet look like a couple of paddles sticking out and makes her look short and dumpy, and let's not forget, ridiculous! Had she worn a chunky pair of biker style boots where the tops were hidden by the hem that would've have balanced the entire outfit so even the heavy jumper wouldn't have looked so wrong. There are no excuses for the hideous skirt of course but bad clothes coupled with bad balance = disaster!
The trainers definitely a no no but the net creation will be on a Ali Young near you quite soon🤣 I do like some of the pieces but of course the so called 'stylists' at Q haven't got a flipping clue🤦🏼‍♀️ Jackie's hair is annoying me alot recently 😒

Latest posts

Back