Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like to watch Jade modelling. She has personality, which many other QVC models lack. However, she would look so much better in one size larger than the stylists give her. The trousers are always straining over her bottom and thighs and the jackets don't drape as they should. She was modelling for RL last week, and the new trousers and jacket on Jade were too tight. This is surprising, since Ruth considers herself a stickler for good "fit" and says she "styles" the models in her shows. Same old story: not enough samples sent out in different sizes.

It was much better when they had a ‘runway’ for the models, so they could have their own space to model the clothes properly. Now they seem to just appear on the set, and wander around aimlessly! They often seem unsure of what they are supposed to do, or where they are supposed to be. They stand in front of the presenters posing and preening, then in full view, toddle off into the background,round the back of the set.

The majority of models they use these days never smile and seem “plastic”. Don’t know if they’re just a load of miseries or it’s a QVC directive to be like that. Also am I the only one expecting them to fall arse over tit on those silly rugs they stand on?

The long hair still gets on my goat. The other day a model with very long black hair turned around to show the embroidery on the back of a white cotton shirt. We could see no embroidery and she didn't bother drawing her hair to one side so that we could see it. The presenter should have asked her to do this. Also, when they are modelling a dress, they will often have a jacket slung over a shoulder or even wear a jacket. How silly to kill potential sales like this. Half-baked stylists, no doubt.

The majority of models they use these days never smile and seem “plastic”. Don’t know if they’re just a load of miseries or it’s a QVC directive to be like that. Also am I the only one expecting them to fall arse over tit on those silly rugs they stand on?
One of 'em,Jade looks like she will fall over at any moment. She'll turn one day & end up on her backside. Hope I'm watching that day 🤣🤣🤣

The long hair still gets on my goat. The other day a model with very long black hair turned around to show the embroidery on the back of a white cotton shirt. We could see no embroidery and she didn't bother drawing her hair to one side so that we could see it. The presenter should have asked her to do this. Also, when they are modelling a dress, they will often have a jacket slung over a shoulder or even wear a jacket. How silly to kill potential sales like this. Half-baked stylists, no doubt.
I bet you mean Sasha, she has very long, very straight black hair which she never moves out of the way. She was modelling a jump suit the other day and it had back detail that she just didn't bother to show and neither the presenter nor the guest fashion expert asked to move her hair. If Debbie Flint had been presenting she would have asked!!

It was much better when they had a ‘runway’ for the models, so they could have their own space to model the clothes properly. Now they seem to just appear on the set, and wander around aimlessly! They often seem unsure of what they are supposed to do, or where they are supposed to be. They stand in front of the presenters posing and preening, then in full view, toddle off into the background,round the back of the set.
Yes, the runway was far better for displaying clothes, but hey, we're only the potential buyers, what do we know !

On the subject of models, I saw Catherine and her mother modelling on the Lorraine show yesterday, wonder why they aren't on QVC anymore. I remember them being on all the Ruth Langsford shows, the mother used to be really over board praising Ruth's clothes that she was modelling, it was so embarrassing

On the subject of models, I saw Catherine and her mother modelling on the Lorraine show yesterday, wonder why they aren't on QVC anymore. I remember them being on all the Ruth Langsford shows, the mother used to be really over board praising Ruth's clothes that she was modelling, it was so embarrassing
A boot licker.

Latest posts

Back