If presenters had to wear lie detectors

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vikki

Registered Shopper
for just one show, where the fibbing spikes were shown in the corner of the screen, which presenter(s) would you select and for which hour?

:cheeky:

I would LOVE to see lie detectors strapped to the IW presenters when they're doing the fashion, or better still, little thought bubbles coming out of their heads....I can she Sheilagh saying..."Oooh this a really nice little top", but printed in the bubble " Yes, it is for my 90 year old gran.....but I wouldn't be seen dead it it!" Or Debbie saying "and this is the one I'm wearing, and I love it"..bubble says "I don't really, I think it's quite horrible, but I'm on commission here!"

Not to any presenter in particular: but how many spikes on the lie detector would there be when they say "I have this at home" or "If I wasn't presenting I'd be on the phone to buy this"....

Not to any presenter in particular: but how many spikes on the lie detector would there be when they say "I have this at home" or "If I wasn't presenting I'd be on the phone to buy this"....

The presenters are so well practised with 'fibbing' that i really don't think anything would show up on a lie detector.

However, what would be a good idea would be for all the presenters (including AY), no, especially AY to present from a seat on top of a ladder with a kiddies paddling pool full of gunge at the bottom. One lie and the ladder tips and you are in!!. Mind you, AY would probably then go on to tell us that the gunge is good for our skin and she uses it ALL THE TIME.:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Julia (god bless her) - or Kathy Tayler - on a jewellery show when presenting a really big chunky ring, saying: 'now my fingers are actually quite short, so I normally wouldn't wear a ring this big, but I think this actually works really well on my hands, and in fact it elongates my fingers... ".

JR in a fashion hour (size small)

AD in any show where she literally admits buying the items

Kim Meddlesome in any of her shows, claiming that her garments don't cling and don't lose their colour

RJ when claiming how easy it is to grow dozens of mini plug plants on your window sill

Linda :hi:

I think Ali Youngs spikeometor would be off the scale and also Julia's during fashion hours when she "wears a Small"!

I would love there to be a lie detector on Catherine Huntly when she says she is going to buy this or that item when she comes off the air. Simon Biagi when he just can't beleive the low price and has to check it for us. Jill Franks when she loves the Markon shoes and Kathy Taylor when she says she is going to buy that large diamonique ring, I've never seen her wear a large ring.

I think Ali Youngs spikeometor would be off the scale and also Julia's during fashion hours when she "wears a Small"!

Not to defend Julia as such but QVC's sizing is very wonky to say the least. I remember a while ago they had a coat on which was quite nice but the XS was a 39 or 40 inch chest - so would have swamped me!! I recently bought a coat from Zara, which was a medium and that's a 36 inch chest (and has plenty of room for sweaters under it).

I would love there to be a lie detector on Catherine Huntly when she says she is going to buy this or that item when she comes off the air. Simon Biagi when he just can't beleive the low price and has to check it for us. Jill Franks when she loves the Markon shoes and Kathy Taylor when she says she is going to buy that large diamonique ring, I've never seen her wear a large ring.

Fantastic, I'll second that one! :clapping:

Latest posts

Back