Seen it all now ..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

Spooky

Guest Shopper
This morning on The Christmas Morning Show I couldn't believe my eyes, for £8.56 + £2.95 postage you could buy a pair of "Mobile Handbag Hangers!!!" These unfold and when in a restaurant or pub you put them on the side of a table and you can hang your handbag from them, saving you having to put your handbag on the floor on hang it from the chair.

I have seen it all now, more Christmas tat ideas. QVC christmas promos of guests arriving with gorgeous parcels and goodies and all seated around huge christmas tables never match up to what they sell on christmas days.

Any excuse to try and make money - there is a bl**dy recession on, anybody who purchases these surely must have more money than sense. Put your bag on the floor like anybody else and keep the £11.51 in your pocket!!

This morning on The Christmas Morning Show I couldn't believe my eyes, for £8.56 + £2.95 postage you could buy a pair of "Mobile Handbag Hangers!!!" These unfold and when in a restaurant or pub you put them on the side of a table and you can hang your handbag from them, saving you having to put your handbag on the floor on hang it from the chair.

I have seen it all now, more Christmas tat ideas. QVC christmas promos of guests arriving with gorgeous parcels and goodies and all seated around huge christmas tables never match up to what they sell on christmas days.

Any excuse to try and make money - there is a bl**dy recession on, anybody who purchases these surely must have more money than sense. Put your bag on the floor like anybody else and keep the £11.51 in your pocket!!

We used to buy them by the shedload for a bar/restaurant I used to run. We had them just underneath the tabletop though.They are an excellent idea and keep your bags safer from thieves. We didn't pay that much for them though!We got an extra discount through the police force who wholeheartedly approved of them.

I know what you mean, Spooky, seems a bit OTT.

I didn't see the presentation but my sister bought me something similar called Handbag Hooker (!) a few years ago for a present. It's got a pretty crystal tag at one end and is nice and sturdy. The only bit I'm missing is a Life where I go out with friends and actually need to use it.

I had my handbag stolen years ago when I went out for a drink with friends after work. We were sitting at a high round table on high stools. There wasn't enough room on the table to put bags and I couldn't keep it between my feet as they didn't touch the ground! A man in a suit came in, dropped his coat on the floor near our table and stooped down to pick it up. 10 minutes later I realised he'd nicked my bag... So I will be using mine if I ever have the occasion to.

If you have paid hundreds of pounds for a bag (which I haven't) then you probably wouldn't want to put it on the floor.

I think they're great little gadgets. Not only do you know your bag is safe, it's not getting dirty either. They're a real boon for older ladies too as they don't have to bend down to pick up their bags.

I've got one and they are fab (got it in the USA not QVC!). infinitely preferable to getting your bag nicked or standing it in something nasty. Also more hygenic - the amount of people who put their bag on the mucky floor and then on the table. Yuk!!

I really like the look of them too! In fact I think I might just go and order a set...

I have ordered a set as a gift for my daughter and having looked all over the net before I spotted these on qvc they were so expensive just for one and some were quite flimsy looking and taking into consideration what my daughter puts in her bag for work it needs to be sturdy, these are a bargain for 2 even with the postage.

piper

There's an email doing the rounds about the amount of germs that are on the bottom of a handbag. It's horrific. You put them down on public loo floors, and any old floor where people's dirty shoes walk, likewise the floor of the car etc, then they get put onto a table or worksurface.Oooooooooo!!
Mind you, I'd never put mine on a loo floor!

Talking of tat from the poundshop... who saw the gross earrings and flashing brooches on the 11p.m. show? I was peeing myself when Chuntley was banging on about the quality! Quality, what quality??? They may have been on 1/2 price birthday price but you'd have to pay me that much x100 to wear them! They were proper poundshop tat!!!

There's an email doing the rounds about the amount of germs that are on the bottom of a handbag. It's horrific. You put them down on public loo floors, and any old floor where people's dirty shoes walk, likewise the floor of the car etc, then they get put onto a table or worksurface.Oooooooooo!!
Mind you, I'd never put mine on a loo floor!

There was a thread on here a while back about people hanging their bag round their neck, whilst holding their trousers up to stop them trailing on the loo floor, squatting so they don't actually touch the loo seat and having a wee at the same time. That's multi-tasking!

Latest posts

Back