Another letter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
As you may remember I only ordered 6 things from Q last year and 3 of them never arrived well 2 did, the Hermes lady/man left them on my front door step in full view of those passing by I assume as they where gone by the time I got home several hours later. She left a card through the door saying my parcles where in my "Secure front porch" which how I new they had been delivered. It took me well over a month to get my money back. The other item was a LD crystal nail file which should have come via RM.
Now all of this took place before Christmas I as yet I haven't ordered any thing else neither shall I be.
I had a LETTER in the post this morning saying that they has been "looking" into my account and had seen that I had had a high percentage of my parcels go missing and I had had my money back not a replacement so from now on every item would be sent recorded delivery needing signing for so that when it went missing they could send out a replacement.
I am probably being paranoid but I read it as we don't trust you you must be receiving the goods and then phoning us up and saying they have never arrived, keeping them AND getting your money back.
I don't mind having to sign for goods as my life is to busy to be chasing after lost/stolen items from Q.
I am closing my account there are literally 1,000 of other online retailers now where as when I first started shopping with Q they where the one and only.

All my Royal Mail items come by recorded delivery and have done for several years after I had a spate of disappearances when parcels were left on the doorstep. Most of my Hermes deliveries are also signed for too. I wasn't too worried when QVC started doing this as I felt it was protection for me too.

i've had a few go missing, mostly when delivered by royal mail. but no letter, yet… although i have a few items to return tomorrow :mysmilie_50:

I am probably being paranoid but I read it as we don't trust you you must be receiving the goods and then phoning us up and saying they have never arrived, keeping them AND getting your money back.

I think a lot of shops would wonder about it as well - if anything I see it good that they are wanting to help to sort out the problem and ensure that you get the goods. I expect the fact that you asked for your money back instead of wanting a replacement would get them thinking it was suspicious as well.

I think a lot of shops would wonder about it as well - if anything I see it good that they are wanting to help to sort out the problem and ensure that you get the goods. I expect the fact that you asked for your money back instead of wanting a replacement would get them thinking it was suspicious as well.
I asked for my back as one was a birthday present and I needed it to take with me when I saw them and the other 2 where the L'Occitane TSV and some L'Occitane hand cream before Christmas and I brought it especially for my Mum who was very poorly in hospital at the time, not only that but it they where both out of stock by the time Q got the letter to me and I had posted it back to them not helped by the Christmas post. I managed to get Mumsome bits off Amazon which arrived within 2 days and she loved them.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to do this, some retailers would just advise that you shop else where. Of course they will be concerned at a high level of missing parcels, but that concern will be as much directed at the delivery companies as the customer. Recorded delivery means that they can keep tabs on those delivering the items as well as those receiving them.

I asked for my back as one was a birthday present and I needed it to take with me when I saw them and the other 2 where the L'Occitane TSV and some L'Occitane hand cream before Christmas and I brought it especially for my Mum who was very poorly in hospital at the time, not only that but it they where both out of stock by the time Q got the letter to me and I had posted it back to them not helped by the Christmas post. I managed to get Mumsome bits off Amazon which arrived within 2 days and she loved them.

No need to explain yourself , Qvc didn't deliver the items , why would you trust them to deliver a second time? Most people would ask for them money back x

All my Royal Mail items come by recorded delivery and have done for several years after I had a spate of disappearances when parcels were left on the doorstep. Most of my Hermes deliveries are also signed for too. I wasn't too worried when QVC started doing this as I felt it was protection for me too.
Does it cost you extra money yesilkedi?
I'm worried too about my parcels so I get delivered them to work. I find it a bit embarrassing at work but my parcels are safe this way.

Sad to say, I bet there are many dishonest people out there who DO lie, getting a refund as well as the item.

Unfortunately, Q have no way of distinguishing between the honest (you) and the dishonest (others).

However, I am curious, did the letter say you were expected to meet the extra cost of the recorded deliveries?

Surely, even dishonest people have the ability to use a bit of initiative; why would anyone allege they have not received a parcel, when it is easy enough for the Q to investigate the matter? Am I being naïve, or are they just so uber confident that they can pull the wool over the eyes of the company, that they don't care?
Incidentally, regarding Hermes, has anyone ever had a card through the door, saying they tried to deliver a parcel but you were out, when you were in, and they never even knocked on the door?

Recorded isn't particularly safe - I have found 'signed for' items have been pushed through my letter box when I am out and nobody has signed for them at all! We have had several near misses when packages gave been left outside in public view by Hermes, but thankfully no thefts (miracle where we live). However if these items had gone missing I would be very offended if there were any doubts or questions about my integrity - the couriers are contracted by QVC after all; they should perhaps check them out more carefully imho.

Yes Louise, I have had this happen on many occasions and it annoys the heck out of me!

Inge x

No need to explain yourself , Qvc didn't deliver the items , why would you trust them to deliver a second time? Most people would ask for them money back x

You would trust them as you usually still want what you ordered. I can't think of anytime when I have ordered something and it failed to turn up where I haven't asked them to send it again.

Surely, even dishonest people have the ability to use a bit of initiative; why would anyone allege they have not received a parcel, when it is easy enough for the Q to investigate the matter? Am I being naïve, or are they just so uber confident that they can pull the wool over the eyes of the company, that they don't care?
Incidentally, regarding Hermes, has anyone ever had a card through the door, saying they tried to deliver a parcel but you were out, when you were in, and they never even knocked on the door?

Someone that would do it would not be bothered if QVC could investigate or not - they would just be pleased they got something for free.

Firstly, there is no way I could live with myself, if I lied about not receiving a parcel; It is not in my nature. Also, what if the Q did investigate, and found out it had been delivered? I would be scared stiff, I was going to be prosecuted. But then, I suppose the character of person who would do this, has a conscience - we all have one - which tells them it is ok to con a big, international company. I mean they can afford it, right? Unbelievable.

You would trust them as you usually still want what you ordered. I can't think of anytime when I have ordered something and it failed to turn up where I haven't asked them to send it again.

I ordered a top for a night out which took ages to be delivered - in fact, I had already made my mind up that it would be returned ( when eventually delivered) as I had to resort to buying something else ( and cheaper) from elsewhere for my event. Even so, I queried the delay ( nearly 3 weeks) with QVC and was sent the none delivery declaration letter to complete. I asked for a full refund, incl p&p - it had not been delivered in time and QVC's choice of delivery service, Royal Mail, had failed to deliver. Not my fault.

My reason for a full refund was perfectly valid IMO.

I suppose it could be argued that someone could be untruthful and tell QVC that an item has not been delivered, request a replacement and end up with 2 items for the price of one.

I have had a few things go missing and it seems to be the items that are not in the blue bags. I once ordered 2 boxes of Easiyo and received only one. They were cardboard boxes fixed together with the very strong fabric type tape. This had been cut and I received the box with the tape and the address label. Whether it got caught in a machine and they had to cut it off or someone just wanted it I don't know, but it would have helped if an address label had been put on both boxes. I have also had items come to me via Belgium, Holland and Canada. Why I have no idea.

Normally I receive my items on the 9th day after despatch, (7-10 days for here). Occasionally its earlier, but if something hasn't arrived by Day 14 I contact CS and they have always been very apologetic and helpful. I have never felt that they are suspicious of me. Unfortunately there are dishonest people who would take advantage of a situation.

Slightly off subject. When I came here to live I ordered a Jacuzzi from the UK. It was cheaper in the UK and they delivered so it was worth it. I sent a UK cheque by post to place the order and just before it was doing to be despatched, I sent a second cheque for the balance. A day or so before I posted the cheque I arranged a bank transfer from my French bank to my UK one to cover the cheque. The transfer would take between 3-5 days and the post 7 so the two would correspond. The company received the cheque and cashed it and the jacuzzi duly arrived and was installed.

Over one month later I received a letter from my UK bank saying that my account was overdrawn (balance of the Jacuzzi), so I faxed them a copy of the transfer and they were happy. Another 2 weeks later I received another letter to say the funds hadn't arrived so I opened an investigation at my local bank. My local bank said that they would check and the money then arrived in the UK a further 2 weeks later. When I went to the bank to find out why it had taken so long, they immediately said they would refund any charges from my UK bank. When I pushed it further I was told that the staff member who dealt with transfers had been arrested as she had been working in collaboration with a bank member in Paris (all transfers go via Paris) and my funds had spent one month in her bank account, then was transferred to the account of the Paris person where it was for one month, before being transferred. It appeared that these two had been working together for all the bank transfers and making money from the interest.

So unfortunately there are dishonest people everywhere.

I ordered a top for a night out which took ages to be delivered - in fact, I had already made my mind up that it would be returned ( when eventually delivered) as I had to resort to buying something else ( and cheaper) from elsewhere for my event. Even so, I queried the delay ( nearly 3 weeks) with QVC and was sent the none delivery declaration letter to complete. I asked for a full refund, incl p&p - it had not been delivered in time and QVC's choice of delivery service, Royal Mail, had failed to deliver. Not my fault.

My reason for a full refund was perfectly valid IMO.

I suppose it could be argued that someone could be untruthful and tell QVC that an item has not been delivered, request a replacement and end up with 2 items for the price of one.

I ordered something two and a half weeks ago which still hasn't turned up (it was sent via RM). I rang them on Friday last week and was given the usual tripe, and am now also waiting (it's still not turned up), for the declaration letter to turn up so I can start to think about getting my money back. Incidentally I'll probably have to pay for a stamp to send the form back won't i Q, you robbing gits. Anyway the point I was wandering to is that I just don't want the item any more, not from them anyway. If they can't be @rsed trying at least a bit then I can't be @rsed letting them have my money. I'll get the item somewhere else and if not I'll find an alternative.

It does seem slightly odd to me though that I never seem to have this level of aggro with other companies, Amazon, for example, who I order from much more than Q, are cheaper, sort problems out promptly (they don't make you wait a month for your money back for a start) and are a damn sight quicker. I know there's been controversy about working conditions in the Amazon warehouses but as far as I can see a few horse whips in the QVC warehouse might spruce them up a bit.

I normally request that the Declaration form is emailed to me. I then print, sign, scan it and email it back, therefore saving time and postage. So if you have a printer/scanner then why not use this method.

Latest posts

Back