Another letter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I normally request that the Declaration form is emailed to me. I then print, sign, scan it and email it back, therefore saving time and postage. So if you have a printer/scanner then why not use this method.

Because to be fair I shouldn't have to faff about like that should I, but I get your point. The issue to me is that I've done nothing wrong, I ordered something in good faith which hasn't turned up, yet they still have taken my money. I've notified them of all of this but I'm still the one who has to run about jumping through hoops to get my money back. How many other online retailers have this stupid declaration letter system that qvc have before they'll even think about a refund? I've certainly never come across any, and certainly none that make it so awkward to get your money back when you've received nothing.

I live in Spain and over the years several parcels have gone missing and on one occasion the parcel arrived empty! I have asked Q several times to send my ítems recorded delivery but unless sent by Parcelforce I have only ever had to sign for one. I must say though it takes forever and I have to pay the stamp to send back the letter of non receipt, Q have always refunded me.

I had a similar incident with Decleor Systeme Corps. Kept checking my account (before tracking) and the very last time it said 'Returned', bemused I telephoned customer service and said 'how can it be returned, I've never received it?'. She replied 'we have received the paperwork, minus the box', which could have become detached, but the implication was there in her voice...when asked if I wanted to go on waitlist or refund, I picked the latter and came off the phone feeling like a criminal :sad:

I think the issue is to do with the packaging, firstly the QVC logo on the label/boxes/bags, then secondly and most importantly the 'ITEM NUMBERS'! With smartphone technology anyone can then access QVC, type in the number and find out what's in the parcel. Hey presto, need I say more!

Don't get me wrong, our delivery guys are brilliant, be it RM or Hermes, but no doubt someone somewhere may be tempted!

I have had a couple of instances when my online account had shown items returned which I have never had sight of. When querying with QVC, I was told the item may have been damaged in transit or been outside their normal delivery timeframe due to being rerouted between depots, therefore sent back to sender. Crazy.

I did have to chase the p&p costs in those instances, QVC had omitted to include them with the item refund...

It seems to me the QVC need a good shake up of their delivery and return's procedure.
In this day and age it is silly to still be using a system that was devised over 20 years ago when they first started.
We are now in the 21st century and that are stuck back in the 19th well OK the 20th but well before the advent of home computing, internet and let alone smart phones and tablets. This is evident in their app which compared to Ideal Worlds is appalling.
I still have no confidence in them being able to deliver safely and quickly to my address so am choosing not to shop with them.

I normally request that the Declaration form is emailed to me. I then print, sign, scan it and email it back, therefore saving time and postage. So if you have a printer/scanner then why not use this method.

I have requested they email the declaration to me and was refused! Apparently their system means it must come by post..... You have to really persist, in my experience, for them to agree to change their ways. Perhaps they are different for nonUK addresses cos that could take forever by post.

I am awaiting the declaration letter for two items that were allegedly "delivered to letterbox" by the stand-in Hermes man on the 20th. The lady at Q clarified my address and stated a few times that Hermes have stated they were delivered and was I sure?! This really annoyed me. I now have to wait 2 weeks for the letter then probably another 2 weeks after that for a refund. It was the first thing I had ordered for a long time. I don't know why I bother.

Does it cost you extra money yesilkedi?
I'm worried too about my parcels so I get delivered them to work. I find it a bit embarrassing at work but my parcels are safe this way.

No it doesn't cost me anything extra as it was QVC's choice to send them out recorded delivery. I'm pleased to say I haven't had anything go missing since!
Late last year I ordered some garlic pills from Amazon that never turned up, I emailed the seller and within 2 hours they replied saying they were refunding me the money, no arguments, no declaration letter. If other companies can do it so can Q. Incidentally I re-ordered the item and it was delivered after the due date in a plastic sleeve with a message from RM saying they were sorry the packaging was damaged. I reckon someone decided to have a crafty look but decided it wasn't worth nicking. As these pills are on auto-subscribe I'll see if anything else happens with the next delivery.

Last edited:
I had the same problem when I worked full time, a string of parcels left on the step weren't there when I got home so QVC started sending them Recorded Delivery and continued for a couple of years. The Hermes parcels I still always sign for. It suits me because, when an odd package has gone astray since then, it's easy for Q to check whether it's been signed for, though they still need a declaration letter signing and returning!

Everything I sell on ebay is posted out "signed for". It's better protection for me, the seller.

Reading this thread l count myself lucky that in 12 years of a lot of shopping with Q I've never had a single item go missing.

Latest posts

Back