Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:hi: Civility or candour? :mysmilie_506:

Which is more important in a product tester? :nod:

Most people should be able to be both , sadly a lot of people are neither.

I guess the power goes to there heads and they think they have a god given talent (mentioning no names)

So i tend to settle on people being polite and then make my mind up if i want to try something or not.

Description suggests you use it with a brush, but of course there isn't one included and unless you already have a brush you're going to have to buy one!

It's being sold today on the morning show as 'dewy'. WOW it looks beyond dewy, it looks shiney on the skin, I understand it's a hot day but it looks like it's going to slip off the models faces. It really isn't the time of year to be flogging a liquid foundation.... Or actually maybe it is as QVC will know people might not trial it properly until this Autumn/Winter when they 30 day MBG has expired...

Last edited:
See my post at 705 above; they're actually suggesting buying to wear in the Autumn which is bonkers (and way past your 30 day MBG!)

Watching the lunchtime show and Sarah does, indeed, look really shiny and she has beautiful skin. As has been said, it's certainly not the season for liquid foundation!

Won't go out without the stuff on my face. The worst area is my chin, no matter what I use, concealer, powder whatever I never get full coverage and after a while there's hardly anything on there normally, but I did forget my primer though because I was in a rush, normally Mallys or LG's...must say I was very surprised that my makeup stayed on better without it, been using it for so long never once thought of trying without, it worked for me and I've got really oily t-zone.

Beauty POTM.

I am interested in the Laura Geller POTM but I have no clue as to which shade would suit me best. I don't use the Balance and Brighten, so I can't compare to that. I usually go for lighter shades but they can sometimes make me look pasty. When demonstrated, it's not shown out of the pot on the back of a hand or card to compare. And it's no good telling me that it suits the skin of Nicole Kidman, or any other sleb either, as I've never clapped eyes on them for real! It doesn't really help on the models either - the before and after pictures look different depending on which TV screen I'm looking at it on. I do use the BareMinerals complexion rescue gel cream in "Natural 05" if that's any use.

Is there a guide anywhere that gives a better idea for colour matching? Thanks :)

I am interested in the Laura Geller POTM but I have no clue as to which shade would suit me best. I don't use the Balance and Brighten, so I can't compare to that. I usually go for lighter shades but they can sometimes make me look pasty. When demonstrated, it's not shown out of the pot on the back of a hand or card to compare. And it's no good telling me that it suits the skin of Nicole Kidman, or any other sleb either, as I've never clapped eyes on them for real! It doesn't really help on the models either - the before and after pictures look different depending on which TV screen I'm looking at it on. I do use the BareMinerals complexion rescue gel cream in "Natural 05" if that's any use.

Is there a guide anywhere that gives a better idea for colour matching? Thanks :)

I found this on QVC US:
a268344.005.jpg

When Sinead Watson with Philip Kingsley recently she said that she will be back next month and we will see a lot of her so I'm wondering if the BPOTM will be Philip Kingsley, I know we only just had the elasticiser so I could be wrong

Won't go out without the stuff on my face. The worst area is my chin, no matter what I use, concealer, powder whatever I never get full coverage and after a while there's hardly anything on there normally, but I did forget my primer though because I was in a rush, normally Mallys or LG's...must say I was very surprised that my makeup stayed on better without it, been using it for so long never once thought of trying without, it worked for me and I've got really oily t-zone.

You could try a finishing spray. Several companies sell them these days. I've been thinking of getting the Urban Decay one for myself. Also, I've used a spray foundation in the past that did NOT budge until I took it off (and I'm a Sweaty Betty). It's called ERA and comes in a spray can. Sounds weird, but works a treat. It's mineral-based and was originally formulated for post-cosmetic procedures. Another worth-try would be Kevin Aucoin's SSE, if you can get to somewhere selling it.

Latest posts

Back