Oh dear Julia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kim is a professional so I'd be surprised if Kim wanted her to wear it in a size smaller than necessary. We are all assuming that she was in a small and it did look too fitting in some areas - I dont know it its the cameras but to be honest I think that print is a bit prone to drawing attention. Maybe it looked better in front of the mirror.
It only looked bad on side view, front view was ok .

To be fair to Julia, Kimmy Co stuff clings like bejaysus. I'm a top heavy size 18 and to get a good fit in a Kim dress I need a 3xl. The only other thing of hers I have is denim leggings and the best fit me is a Large. I have them in an XL but they're really too big.

i disagree tink. i've got a few pieces of kim from years ago and they don't cling at all, they drape. debbie is wearing a dress at the mo that looks like typical kim fabric and she looks fine. why? she's wearing the right size. also julia goes on and on about how big her boobs are, so at that rate, it should have been clinging round the boobs if anything, and draping over her stomach.

I've got quite few of Kim's pieces collected over a number of years and I agree in the main they don't cling - I find that skirts are the exception though (they weren't in the early days). Her dresses drape well skimming over the bumps - all except that Spirograph dress she did a little while ago, fabric was too thin to be forgiving.

i disagree tink. i've got a few pieces of kim from years ago and they don't cling at all, they drape. debbie is wearing a dress at the mo that looks like typical kim fabric and she looks fine. why? she's wearing the right size. also julia goes on and on about how big her boobs are, so at that rate, it should have been clinging round the boobs if anything, and draping over her stomach.
You're right Janie. Im pretty slim but not got a flat washboard stomach by any means and Kims stuff should not be worn like a second skin. I would avoid a dress like that as its so unforgiving . The ones with side knots or empire type knot between the boobs give a bit more flow over the tummy. I think Julia chooses what she wears and what size too. She often gleefully announces that shes pinched the small so Goody or someone has to wear the medium.

You're right Janie. Im pretty slim but not got a flat washboard stomach by any means and Kims stuff should not be worn like a second skin. I would avoid a dress like that as its so unforgiving . The ones with side knots or empire type knot between the boobs give a bit more flow over the tummy. I think Julia chooses what she wears and what size too. She often gleefully announces that shes pinched the small so Goody or someone has to wear the medium.

exactly. never mind it's the model's job to show the dress to it's best advantage.

Perhaps I should have said it clings like bejaysus if you wear/buy something too small. I love my Kimmy Co black shift dress. I wore it to meetings in London on Tuesday. I could get in at least one or two sizes smaller but it wouldn't be flattering. I'm not bothered by what size I buy.

I was trying ... badly clearly lol ... to explain that if I want something clingy (leggings) I would buy two or three sizes smaller than I would if I wanted a dress to skim.

Julia should really know after all these years that wearing clothes that are too small makes you look fat, not slim. Even worse on TV as the camera adds more weight.

I think Julia's body shape is the reason........she is wearing another of Kim's dresses (petite size)now at the 17.00 hrs, she looks fine top end, but looks thick waisted (and it is not all due to the speaker pack at her back:thinking: ). She has a short waist(north-south) compared with the taller models. She has a big bosom, then dips at the waist then seems to bulge out......most short people with short waist have the problem of showing the weight around the waist more so than the taller ladies. She might suit clothes that flare out from the bust:thinking:
After all this, I still think she is the best presenter:happy:

I saw JR in a red and black floral dress yesterday.I presume thats the one you're all talking about as yes it was biddy awful on her.Not only around the waist but also the shape of the bust emphasised her big bust even more.I did feel quite sorry for her.

Then today I watched about 4.45 JR doing a gift show and again a kim and co dress that was horrific in the stomach area.I have the same problem.....she has my every sympathy...but then on the other hand...don't wear them!!!! If she won't wear full support underwear and a bigger size....she needs to stick to the many other palazzo style trousers and tunics that kim does....or even the leggings that kim does...to be fair to julia,she does have slimmer legs and arms...

Latest posts

Back