Ingrid what are you like?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have quite a lot of yong Kim pieces, many of which I've bought on eBay but some from qvc. I love the style and quality of the clothes. I've washed and washed many of them and they still look like new. So cost per wear will be good over time. I have psoriasis and find the modal is fabulous against my skin.
I quite like the arty look anyway, so this fits in well. I thought Ingrid looked an absolute mess though! That's how I look when I get out of bed in a morning but would never go on tv like that!

I think this is a real case of each to their own- I loathe asymetrical styles and all that fabric and much prefer tailored clothes- but if it floats your boat...

My Mum bought a couple of YK pieces but was disappointed with them & sent them back. They seem very expensive to me for what they are.

I think it's good that the range is on Q. It's totally different to anything else they sell and undeniably more contemporary -which (even if not to your taste) is what everyone has been asking for. No?

The problem is tokenism. Anyone saying to QVC that their fashion is outdated, stretchy tat targeted at lowest common denominator customers would hear the reply "oh no,we sell Yong Kim....haven't you seen it?"

Ok Q, your output is 97% LCD tat and Yong Kim is a shining beacon of something that represents the 21st century amongst the dross. This does not mean your fashion department can sit back on their kitten heels and gloat.

Three words: Must. Try. Harder.

And I would LOVE to see a photo of Q's fashion buying team.

I love the idea of yong kim.Its right up my street.I just can't get my head round the prices.I did buy piece maybe a year ago,on easy pay,but I didn't like it enough to keep.I don't think it did much for me and again,just couldn't get my head round the price.

If a TSV were to come though,I'd probably buy it.

as for Ingrid,I think shes harmless enough.....a bit potty...but I have no probs with that.I did look at her this morning and giggle to myself that I wouldn't go out the house even with my hair like that...but its very Ingrid isn't it?!

I love the idea of yong kim.Its right up my street.I just can't get my head round the prices.I did buy piece maybe a year ago,on easy pay,but I didn't like it enough to keep.I don't think it did much for me and again,just couldn't get my head round the price.

If a TSV were to come though,I'd probably buy it.

as for Ingrid,I think shes harmless enough.....a bit potty...but I have no probs with that.I did look at her this morning and giggle to myself that I wouldn't go out the house even with my hair like that...but its very Ingrid isn't it?!

I remember Ingrid being on Trinny & Suzannah's show. They tried but she wouldn't change & they gave up lol. Fair play to the woman, however I do agree, her hair looked a state.

I think it's good that the range is on Q. It's totally different to anything else they sell and undeniably more contemporary -which (even if not to your taste) is what everyone has been asking for. No?

The problem is tokenism. Anyone saying to QVC that their fashion is outdated, stretchy tat targeted at lowest common denominator customers would hear the reply "oh no,we sell Yong Kim....haven't you seen it?"

Ok Q, your output is 97% LCD tat and Yong Kim is a shining beacon of something that represents the 21st century amongst the dross. This does not mean your fashion department can sit back on their kitten heels and gloat.

Three words: Must. Try. Harder.

And I would LOVE to see a photo of Q's fashion buying team.

I don't see it playing out like the M&S crisis years ago when the board were asked if they were wearing M&S clothes and they all were.

If you like the style but not the prices there's a fab designer who sells on eBay called carolineann661. She makes things to order is viscose. I've only got one of her pieces but its stunning. She does size 12 to 26 I think so no good for the petites. But she will make any design in any colour she has.

meh

I fear I would just look scritchy (scraggy+witchy) in these clothes. But an AttaGirl to those who can pull it off.

I think it is over priced tatty and unflattering and bag lady describes it perfectly. IMO.......

Aha, someone who thinks exactly the same as me about Yong Kim. If you are young, tall, slim and attractive with long legs then you might get away with it. Sadly I am none of those things but I don't think I'd buy this range even if I was. It's just horrid and overpriced.

CC

I had no idea who the 'Ingrid' named in this thread was until I tuned in and saw her in the 10pm hour. Perhaps they need to install a full length mirror in the Green room? But I do agree with the general comments, this lady is making Jilly look well groomed and ummm stylish! :tongue:

i tuned in to have a look and what do i get? the darn elemis tsv!

those of you who have it, how do you wash it? does it come out with the right amount of crumpledness?

Ingrid looks a mess but I think some of the pieces look quite nice. It is not cheap, but it does look well made. Personally, I would rather invest in a few good items rather than a load of cheap tat. Always amazed when I see people laden down with Primark carrier bags full to bursting point with stuff that will probably fall apart after a couple of outings.

Ingrid looks a mess but I think some of the pieces look quite nice. It is not cheap, but it does look well made. Personally, I would rather invest in a few good items rather than a load of cheap tat. Always amazed when I see people laden down with Primark carrier bags full to bursting point with stuff that will probably fall apart after a couple of outings.

i'm one of those people and never had anything from primark fall apart. m&s yes, primark, no. it's the same as everywhere else, just without the ridiculous mark-up.

i'm one of those people and never had anything from primark fall apart. m&s yes, primark, no. it's the same as everywhere else, just without the ridiculous mark-up.

I'm in my Primark slippers right now. They do the best slippers, non slip & soft for £1 or £1.25 a pair. Their glossy tights are the best too, credit where it's due. Q could learn a trick or two from Primark imo! Primark wouldn't entertain some of the luminous tent like toot QVC sells & refers to as "fashion" either lol!

Last edited:
Primark is good for onesies for the children (and the big children) and children's clothes generally.

I don't have anything for me though.The branch near me is very teen-oriented, there is an awful lot of badly made cheap tat, all made in China if course. Maybe if I had the time and inclination to look properly I may find someting but once I have got the childrens clothes I can't get out of there fast enough. Too crowded, too hot, too big, too many queues and too many clothes that make me shudder to encourage me to stay and explore.

But it just be me. I absolutely hate shopping. My mum, who loves it likes Primark. She could spend hours in there looking for bargains. If I had some money to spend I would take a day off in the week when it is quiet and go to an outlet place like Clarkes Village or Gloucester Quays.

Latest posts

Back