Aother Yankee candle question

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
Can anyone tell me how you trim the wick in the large jar candles, when its getting half way down, I struggle to get the scissors in, do I need a special wick trimmer

Can anyone tell me how you trim the wick in the large jar candles, when its getting half way down, I struggle to get the scissors in, do I need a special wick trimmer

I just use a large pair of scissors (pound shop ) , bend the wick to one side and snip. I know you can get wick trimmers but tbh I don't think there necessary, You can also buy large nail clippers that would do the job.

To be honest I have only had success with proper wick trimmers. I cannot get the wick into a normal pair of scissors. I bought mine from the old Yankee Doodle site on a special offer but there must be some on offer somewhere... I guess YC full price will be astronomical. I bet Prices do them too.

Yes I have to say for me that a wick trimmer was a great investment (well I say investment, I picked a yankee one up fairly cheaply for a fiver on amazon)

I buy those lighters with the long tube on the end of it ( for lighting Bar B Q`s, ovens etc ) from the pound shop. It lasts months and the long end fits easily into the jar to light the wick, especially when the candle has burned down quite a lot.

Latest posts

Back