Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to buy L`Occitane but stopped a few years ago and I`ve never used Molton Brown so I can`t speak from experience but after Christmas lots of stores and websites put all of their left over Christmas gift sets into a sale, some as low as half price. Last year I stocked up in Debenhams and was getting perfume, body lotions, shower creams etc in gift sets for very low prices and not your cheap brands either.

I thought MB left Q because they thought it was too downmarket (heard from an MB source). Anyone know if that was the case? They did then start up the posh looking shops so it could be, but I hardly ever see anyone inside....

I thought MB left Q because they thought it was too downmarket (heard from an MB source). Anyone know if that was the case? They did then start up the posh looking shops so it could be, but I hardly ever see anyone inside....

Yes, that is the story. Japanese company bought MB and decided QVC was not the way they wanted MB to go. Same with Aveda when Estee Lauder bought them. I stood in Debenhams and the manager said to those of us having a nose at the new Aveda counter. Please be aware Aveda will not longer be available at QVC, the new owners do not want the brand sold there. At the time it was still at QVC and no one said they about to jump ship.

I miss the MB TSV's too!

But anyone else remember how we all used to moan about the endless Heavenly Gingerlilly and body lotion, was it cooca de mer?????

We LOVED MB but we STILL whinged about it!

:mysmilie_11:

I think there's a wee bit of remembering through rose coloured spectacles going on!!

:mysmilie_13:

I miss the MB TSV's too!

But anyone else remember how we all used to moan about the endless Heavenly Gingerlilly and body lotion, was it cooca de mer?????

I think there's a wee bit of remembering through rose coloured spectacles going on!!

Yes we did moan but I miss those "heady nights of expectation"!

I miss the MB TSV's too!

I still use Coco de Mer which I get from the local outlet.. However they have changed the names and some of the smells and I dont like the new version of it.

That's what these big companies do. Buy the brand, decide QVC is too down market, reformulate the product until it is beyond recognition, keep the items at full price and then increase it. People think that if a brand is in a department store or their own stores that it must be "high end". The reality is they have made the product cheaper to produce, the customers are fooled into thinking it is still top notch. That's how they afford all the glossy advertising and celebrity endorsements. They keep the "High End" reputation without having to have the substance. Liz Earle will go the same way.

Oh lord yes, the Heavenly Gingerlily descriptions were out of this world ! I loved all the products, but it WAS only soap and shower gel after all.

I still use Coco de Mer which I get from the local outlet.. However they have changed the names and some of the smells and I dont like the new version of it.

I recently brought the new Eucalyptus Body Wash, as I had run out of the Warming Eucalyptus Bath & Shower Gel. I also don't like the new version. They said you could still use them in the bath - but when I used it as a bubble bath, there was no smell. It such a shame, as it was one of my favourites.

I just did a quick google on Jill Goldsmith Molton Brown and sadly she won't be back - she's got a training consultancy now.
LinkedIn lists her QVC presenting as an experience she's now passing on to her students.

Doesn't that Rosa woman who does Yankee candles have one too? She still presents on QVC.

molton brown imao can never replace l'occitane the quality is just not there. just looking at the ingredients list is enough. body lotions that roll off the skin in lumps candles that burn badly with little scent. etc etc

I never bought much Molton Brown from Qvc before mainly just the Xmas TSV's however I enjoyed watching the shows and thought Jill was a great guest , it would be a shame if she didn't return, I think it would be great to have it back as im sick to death at seeing the same products on Qvc all the time , there getting as bad as Ideal World.

I was another one who got the heavenly gingerlily but I remember sniffing it and wondering what all the fuss was about. At the time it was the most expensive bubble bath I had ever bought and I was a little nieve thinking it wouldn't have the usually chemicals in it that is found in the " common" shops! Needless to say I was shocked when I saw them all list.

I have been looking for some showergel for my son and had thought about MB but couldn't decide what one so was thinking of getting him the full set of minis.

Now I am thinking back to waitrose for some more Neal's Yard and maybe LE orange shower gel or it that a feminine fragrance?

I was another one who got the heavenly gingerlily but I remember sniffing it and wondering what all the fuss was about. At the time it was the most expensive bubble bath I had ever bought and I was a little nieve thinking it wouldn't have the usually chemicals in it that is found in the " common" shops! Needless to say I was shocked when I saw them all list.

I have been looking for some showergel for my son and had thought about MB but couldn't decide what one so was thinking of getting him the full set of minis.

Now I am thinking back to waitrose for some more Neal's Yard and maybe LE orange shower gel or it that a feminine fragrance?

Liz Earle have a mens bodywash which smells lovely. I think everyone is more aware what is good value for money and what isn't so if Molton Brown returns they know they will have to have some great offers for people to be ordering, I threw my rose tinted specs out years ago :D

I recently brought the new Eucalyptus Body Wash, as I had run out of the Warming Eucalyptus Bath & Shower Gel. I also don't like the new version. They said you could still use them in the bath - but when I used it as a bubble bath, there was no smell. It such a shame, as it was one of my favourites.

That is not good, you should take it back to the shop and complain or even e-mail Molton Brown about it as Eucalyptus with no smell is just wrong!!!

thanks Autumn, I am going down to London on Thrusday for a few days to watch him in a show, he isn't coming home for Christmas so my bags are packed with his pressies but I still want a couple more. I plan to have some time in Bluewater so I can have a sniff of the LE in there.

Latest posts

Back