Molton Brown

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, they have reformulated most of the range and new names.

I found their hand washes so drying.

I have used the Naranji handwash and Rose Granati handwash for years - love them both. When I went to repurchase a couple of months ago, imagine my horror when I couldnt find my fav's. Then saw a sign saying the new names for them and then "formally known as" beside them. Why change the names. The naranji still smells the same thank goodness. I havent bought the rose granati (now know as pomegranite something or other) so hope its still as nice. I used to love the Arctic Birch,Blue Marquis and Blissful templetree but havent seen these for a while so guess they have stopped making them. None of the other fragrances are any where near as nice as those were. I hate it when companies mess with the products! :mysmilie_51:

Im addicted to the new frankincense and all spice hand wash. The smell really lingers too - much better than L'occitane etc

Im addicted to the new frankincense and all spice hand wash. The smell really lingers too - much better than L'occitane etc

I agree, I bought one for a friend and liked it so much I got one for myself. I think it is quite unisex and I prefer it to the l'occitane ones, I love amber cocoon as well or whatever they call it now!

warming eucalyptus is one of the best shower gels. smells gogeous really authentic shame if they tinkered with an old fav.

I love the old Warming Eucalyptus. I use it in the winter when I have a cold and am "bunged up" and also, like Donna, when I'm hot and sticky after gardening, for instance. It's about the only time I'll lie in a bath and Warming Eucalyptus is strangely just the thing to make you feel cool and relaxed.

I love the old Warming Eucalyptus. I use it in the winter when I have a cold and am "bunged up" and also, like Donna, when I'm hot and sticky after gardening, for instance. It's about the only time I'll lie in a bath and Warming Eucalyptus is strangely just the thing to make you feel cool and relaxed.

same i love it in the winter and got a bottle in my cupboard when it was reduced once before as i top up my old 500ml bottle i got when they used to do them originally (acutally i think that bottle is worth more than the gel in it now looool)

mb need qvc they were daft to lose all that custom. not even my local bond street branch has any customers in until xmas eve that is

mb need qvc they were daft to lose all that custom. not even my local bond street branch has any customers in until xmas eve that is

But that is what I said earlier boffy, the shops are empty but they never close one down. We have no idea how the brand does in other countries? But the Japanese owners seem to be very happy with the way it is performing. Belfast is the size of say Manchester and we have three MB, one in a small shopping centre 15 minutes walk from me, in fact it was the first one opened way back. They pulled out of Belfast Debenhams when House of Fraser opened for a much larger counter.

I always thought they were mad to decide QVC was not good enough. Lots of people with money buy from QVC I would think! I do occasionally see a shopper in an MB shop but not often. That is the same for L'Occitane though. A friend and I used to go past the City of London one very regularly and we always used to ring each other to report any sightings of customers (our idea of a little joke!!!). It was nearly always a negative report.

funnily enough l'occcitane has quite a few customers more than mb mb is busy on xmas eve and thats it lol

Our local L'Occitane store does have people in it. It's in a shopping mall though so a bit more likely to get customers through the doors perhaps. And thatis despite John Lewis being a few doors down and they also sell a small amount of L'Occitane. I like going in to the store as I can sniff and sample the goods before deciding whether to buy or not. The stores are great for offers especially in the sale or free full size products during the year. Funnily enough Q are usually cheaper on the fragrance, even factoring in p & p. Assuming they are in stock that is.

Molton Brown is also a few doors down in the same Mall. Never any customers in there except last year I saw one or 2 around christmas but hardly any in their pathetic excuse for a January sale. Can't understand how they stay open.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh there! L'Occitane locally does have a few customers....... I was not counting myself!!!!! I do like to buy from the store as you get some nice sets and the limited editions. We have a local jeweller like MB. I go past it at least once a week and never see a customer until Christmas Eve when it is packed. The L'Occitane stores are worth a visit because JLP and other stores sell such a limited amount. However there is a full range of MB in their concessions so if they had kept them and QVC I think they could have saved a lot of money on their own stores.

mb is a nice brand to dress your bathroom but the ingredients used are not on par with l'occitane.

It would be nice to see MB back, if only to see something different. l have to admit by the time Mb was coming to an end on Q l was sick to death of heavenly gingerlily.

I was sick of heavenly gingerlily too. I was always puzzled as to why it was featured so strongly whereas the "fresher" perfumes barely got a look in. It cannot be popularity alone, because you could hardly ever find black pepper in the stores (sold out) but hg was always available.

I liked the heavenly gingerlily, i thought it had a unique scent. Whereas the Blissful Templetree although I liked the scent, to me it smelled exactly the same as Boots/No7? Royal Jelly which was a fraction of the price. I didn't like the black pepper one and always offloaded that one to my husband it it featured as part of a TSV. My favourites were the Suma Ginseng and Revitalising ABC shower gels, and Coco de Mer body lotion

I'd think it strange if MB was coming back cause they are about to launch big time with Rituals. Same kind of brand only a lot lot cheaper. Who knows maybe.

Heads up. Seems quite a bit of MB is now turning up in TKMaxx, so keep your eyes open. A good bit appeared in my local branch about a year ago, when they repackaged the hair care and bath stuff.

Latest posts

Back