Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Don't often watch QVC now, but tuned in tonight to the hellish sleepwear and am genuinely shocked at how she looks, ill and unkempt and that awful hair she keeps boasting about. she has aged 10 years in my opinion, so gaunt and haggard.

Yes, even though I have not seen her tonight, I also thought that she has aged a lot within the last few months. And her hair that she says is healthy and shiny, is not!

I saw a few minutes of the show and I think her age is finally catching up with her big time. Her skin looked dry and parched, dark underneath her eyes and her hair looked dull and lank. Maybe she`s ill, run down, isn`t eating enough or suffering some kind of personal trauma, who knows.

People have been saying for ages (on here) that she looks awful and not very well. I'm not her biggest fan but if you're very thin and are hitting middle age then you do begin to look a bit frazzled around the edges. Maybe Jill is living proof of that. She didn't look great in those pyjama shows. If there's something behind it then I wish her to get well.

CC

I think this is what happens after a lifetime of being athletic or hitting the gym. There is very little fat left to do any 'plumping', and we all know the old saying that after a certain age its ..... face or figure ! She mentioned on air about her niece calling her health drink 'green slime', so I think she's overdoing the health kick too much. Television put 10lbs on you, so if she looks thin to us, then she must look positively anorexic (no offence to those suffering) in real life.

I've said for ages on here that she doesn't look well and it wouldn't surprise me if that was down to over-exercising and under-eating. Or maybe she's inherited the sort of face that doesn't age well. Either way, she's not looking good and she must surely know it, and maybe she's exercising to compensate, who knows? Body fat isn't all bad. Too much of it is.

She does rather look like Skeletor's sister, a bony frame draped in chicken skin, an etched face and a coconut shy fringe. She must inflict a punishing schedule on herself to keep slender, and I imagine she is very concerned with her image. That is pretty much what TV is mostly about these days, sadly.

She does rather look like Skeletor's sister, a bony frame draped in chicken skin, an etched face and a coconut shy fringe. She must inflict a punishing schedule on herself to keep slender, and I imagine she is very concerned with her image. That is pretty much what TV is mostly about these days, sadly.

Not an image many would aspire to.

I have thought for a long time now that she looks like she is suffering from an eating disorder. She does not look at all healthy.

It's the haircut, it doesn't suit her face shape or hair type at all. The right haircut makes SUCH a difference to the way someone looks.

Also she wears so many "nude" and neutral colours and they don't flatter her skintone at all, she looks completely flat . I remember her wearing a navy blue dress once and it made such a difference, she looked great.

It's the haircut, it doesn't suit her face shape or hair type at all. The right haircut makes SUCH a difference to the way someone looks.

Also she wears so many "nude" and neutral colours and they don't flatter her skintone at all, she looks completely flat . I remember her wearing a navy blue dress once and it made such a difference, she looked great.

She sometimes ventures into really bright pops of turquoise, blue, pink and coral... but as it's no longer summer, it's back to the black and beige.

I don't care how often people harp on about how wonderful neutral colours are, I find it dull if that's the constant that people wear. I mean - you wouldn't just eat potato, would you? You'd fancy some peas or carrots, or tomatoes. Nowt wrong with potatoes, but just change it around and have a bit of variety.

I don't think she eats. Her skin looks terrible, really dry and drawn. I just don't think she's a well lady, in spite of all the tosh she talks about beauty, hair, fitness, etc. because none of it will work if you are depriving your body or going bonkers on the exercise but not putting good nutrients into your body. She is certainly NOT fit - being scrawny with lank hair isn't being healthy, and being so very, very thin is as bad as being overweight in many respects. Her body must need the nutrients - I cannot understand, if she has any family, they must be worried sick about her. If she was a member of my family I know I would be worried.

I saw a few minutes of the show and I think her age is finally catching up with her big time. Her skin looked dry and parched, dark underneath her eyes and her hair looked dull and lank. Maybe she`s ill, run down, isn`t eating enough or suffering some kind of personal trauma, who knows.

It sure doesn't help if you are exercising like a fanatic but not putting the good nourishment into your body. It definitely shows up in your hair and skin, no question - and it's showing up in hers. I cannot understand why she can't see it - she should be pretty media savvy and surely she watches herself on telly? Also where are her family, surely out of kindness and concern you would 'have a word', wouldn't you? I'm torn between wanting to laugh out loud when I flick over and she's talking about how "glossy" her hair is (and it's in lanky strands like a wet fright wig around her face), wanting to shake her and feeling sorry for her.

Knowing how horrible I felt hitting my 50's I'm not surprised she looks a bit frazzled. It's a weird time.

My sister in law is the same build as Jill and sis in law has been stick thin since she started dating my brother 51 years ago, she`s now 70. It`s her natural build, no bust, no hips and long thin arms and legs, even after having 2 children she didn`t gain weight but she`s always eaten well and has never been an exercise freak but has kept herself active, she was a nurse for years BUT her face has never ever gone like Jill`s. Her skin is good even for 70 and her hair is now fully grey but still looks good.
The point I`m making is some people are naturally thin but they still look healthy but a number of people MAKE themselves thin through not eating enough or over exercising and it shows. I suspect that Jill`s natural shape and size would be at least one dress size bigger than she is now. It`s how she chooses to live and that`s fair enough but most of us realise the older we get, the more our body fights back when we try to punish it and women are far more susceptible to the likes of osteoporosis and such like and I think Jill is beginning to show signs of too much wear and tear.

I'm not sure her outfits particularly help. She tends to favour those "off the shoulder" numbers that look like they came straight out of "Flashdance!" I almost expect her to start singing "What a Feeling!" or "She's a Maniac!" as she does a few pirouettes and somersaults. Maybe she should order a Green Seasons hamper and get a bit of meat on!

It's actually really sad how much a trying to maintain a thin body image you think the public wants, can impact on your health. I actually feel really sorry for her. I've said on here for a long time that I don't think she looks well and she's looking worse each time I see her with sunken cheeks, hollowed-out eyes and lank hair. She seems to need someone to take her aside and tell it like it is because she can't see it for herself, but maybe she doesn't have that support network. Poor girl.

Absolutely. Some (lucky!) people don't have to fight the flab, I've got a sister-in-law like that, keeps slim, never does extra exercise, just normal everyday things, BUT she certainly doesn't deprive herself, has treats and loves good food - just the luck of the genes - and her hair and skin are fine. But the things that give people away are your hair and skin. You can get enough 'laughter lines' as it is when you get older, without encouraging them by starving yourself - that's bad at any age, but particularly from your 40's upwards. She must think people are stupid - of course we can see that she's not healthy - and if she doesn't do something soon, she's going to look 100 very shortly. How can she possibly go on there pontificating about health and beauty but looking like her skin needs a ton of moisturiser and her hair a good cut and style? Wish someone - anyone - at Q would have a word.

My sister in law is the same build as Jill and sis in law has been stick thin since she started dating my brother 51 years ago, she`s now 70. It`s her natural build, no bust, no hips and long thin arms and legs, even after having 2 children she didn`t gain weight but she`s always eaten well and has never been an exercise freak but has kept herself active, she was a nurse for years BUT her face has never ever gone like Jill`s. Her skin is good even for 70 and her hair is now fully grey but still looks good.
The point I`m making is some people are naturally thin but they still look healthy but a number of people MAKE themselves thin through not eating enough or over exercising and it shows. I suspect that Jill`s natural shape and size would be at least one dress size bigger than she is now. It`s how she chooses to live and that`s fair enough but most of us realise the older we get, the more our body fights back when we try to punish it and women are far more susceptible to the likes of osteoporosis and such like and I think Jill is beginning to show signs of too much wear and tear.

Latest posts

Back