Alpha-H TSV 27/5/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ah, thanks, Marina. I think it's quite likely I was using too much - I have uneven skintone and tend to go for at least medium coverage foundations, especially since I scalded my face last year and it's still patchy on one side. Maybe I should give B&B another chance. To be honest, I was put off all powder (or baked cream, it's all the same to me!) foundations and I haven't used any of my bareMinerals since either. However, I have still got the pots and compacts so I may try again and be sure to let the base dry completely, then check my face through the day in different lights, maybe one day when I'm not going anywhere special, just in case.

You can still use your BM. Just add some to your moisturiser to make your own tinted moisturiser. I've had to use it like that for years as the finish is awful on my skin used dry.

I don't know what to do with my LG B&B, though. Suppose we could always use it on our legs or something.

Ah, thanks, Marina. I think it's quite likely I was using too much - I have uneven skintone and tend to go for at least medium coverage foundations, especially since I scalded my face last year and it's still patchy on one side. Maybe I should give B&B another chance. To be honest, I was put off all powder (or baked cream, it's all the same to me!) foundations and I haven't used any of my bareMinerals since either. However, I have still got the pots and compacts so I may try again and be sure to let the base dry completely, then check my face through the day in different lights, maybe one day when I'm not going anywhere special, just in case.

"scalded my face last year" hope you're ok now Andi, that sounds absolutely awful! I posted the other day about Aldi CC cream, it comes in medium and light with brilliant coverage but you don't feel you're wearing anything and it's only £2.99. If you've got a local Aldi near you and there's any in stock, give if a go. Just a light paint over my highly coloured/red cheeks (face ones :mysmilie_17:) and they're covered.

You can still use your BM. Just add some to your moisturiser to make your own tinted moisturiser. I've had to use it like that for years as the finish is awful on my skin used dry.

I don't know what to do with my LG B&B, though. Suppose we could always use it on our legs or something.

What a great idea. I have tried dusting a little on my cheeks to "set" a liquid or cream foundation before using a powder blusher, and the sides of my face, ie away from my eyes and mouth where it's more likely to settle in lines. I like the idea of actually mixing it in with a moisturiser, though.

"scalded my face last year" hope you're ok now Andi, that sounds absolutely awful! I posted the other day about Aldi CC cream, it comes in medium and light with brilliant coverage but you don't feel you're wearing anything and it's only £2.99. If you've got a local Aldi near you and there's any in stock, give if a go. Just a light paint over my highly coloured/red cheeks (face ones :mysmilie_17:) and they're covered.

Aw, thanks for your concern. I probably didn't mention it on here at the time as I felt a bit daft. I was carrying a kettle of freshly boiled water up the stairs (to use in a blocked plughole) and tripped. Water went up one side of my face but my reflexes meant I must have closed my eyes quick because it didn't actually go in my eyes, though my eyelid got it. The skin started to peel the same day and I looked like I'd been in a fight as the whole area was puffed up. Didn't go out for six days. I consider myself very lucky as it healed pretty well. It's nearly a year ago now and I can still see it, of course, but it's not terrible. Anyway, this is why I am using a fairly good coverage foundation.

I missed your Aldi CC cream recommendation. It's interesting because I would have dismissed BB and CC creams for being too sheer but I tried a Chanel CC cream sample recently and it was pretty good coverage. Aldi here I come. I want to check the Lacura stuff out too. Thank you!!

:heart:

Tee hee

Baby.jpg

Aw, thanks for your concern. I probably didn't mention it on here at the time as I felt a bit daft. I was carrying a kettle of freshly boiled water up the stairs (to use in a blocked plughole) and tripped. Water went up one side of my face but my reflexes meant I must have closed my eyes quick because it didn't actually go in my eyes, though my eyelid got it. The skin started to peel the same day and I looked like I'd been in a fight as the whole area was puffed up. Didn't go out for six days. I consider myself very lucky as it healed pretty well. It's nearly a year ago now and I can still see it, of course, but it's not terrible. Anyway, this is why I am using a fairly good coverage foundation.

I missed your Aldi CC cream recommendation. It's interesting because I would have dismissed BB and CC creams for being too sheer but I tried a Chanel CC cream sample recently and it was pretty good coverage. Aldi here I come. I want to check the Lacura stuff out too. Thank you!!

Oh AndiK, you poor thing, I'm wincing just reading that - glad to hear it missed your eye and it's healed up ok!

Oh AndiK, you poor thing, I'm wincing just reading that - glad to hear it missed your eye and it's healed up ok!

And thank you, too, Tarketta. I should have come on here for some proper sympathy to soothe me. Yes, I dread to think of the damage I could have done had it gone in my eye.

By the way, although I've gone off subject a bit on an Alpha-H thread, there is some relevance and that is I obviously didn't use Liquid Gold on that side of my face for several weeks, when the burnt skin had completely healed!

Goodness! you was lucky wasn't you. We do things don't we without thinking half the time, take care of yourself and I'm glad you're a lot better now *virtual hug*.

Alpha H experts! Is the liquid gold 24 hour Moisture Repair Cream the same as the LG Rejuvenating Cream which came in the same top-pump pot which was gold-coloured? I really like the latter and am using up my last pot but notice this is no longer on the Alpha H website and a search takes me to the TSV's white tub on their website (£51).

This is the problem with stock-piling when there's a great offer (they sold a duo which was probably to sell off stocks) by the time I'm ready to repurchase the product has rebranded or worse discontinued. TIA x

Alpha H experts! Is the liquid gold 24 hour Moisture Repair Cream the same as the LG Rejuvenating Cream which came in the same top-pump pot which was gold-coloured? I really like the latter and am using up my last pot but notice this is no longer on the Alpha H website and a search takes me to the TSV's white tub on their website (£51).
No, it is not the same cream. First of, the Rejuvenating Cream is a night cream, whereas the 24h Repair Cream is a day as well as a night cream. And the Repair Cream was launched at the beginning (?) of this year, it is a fairly new cream with ingredients no other Alpha-H cream has (argan stem cells, chia seed, gold flakes, etc.).Furthermore, the ingredients of both creams are completely different and at least here in Germany you can buy both products from QVC or Douglas.

Last edited:
I really like the daily hydrating cream (with the slight menthol smell), but all the others products seem quite harsh.

I don't even have dry or sensitive skin, but it's nice to finish up with something that feels nourishing & soothing & none of alpha-h that I've tried does that for me.

Have I tried the wrong bits?

I really like the daily hydrating cream (with the slight menthol smell), but all the others products seem quite harsh.

I don't even have dry or sensitive skin, but it's nice to finish up with something that feels nourishing & soothing & none of alpha-h that I've tried does that for me.

Have I tried the wrong bits?
I think the daily Hydrating Cream and the Eye Complex are the only products that don't contain glycolic acid, all the other ones, except for the two cleansers, do contain it, as far as I know. I use AH for the effects, but also use other creams from different brands. I think you have to be a "cherry picker", pick what works for you according to your skin, from whatever brand you like.:)

By the way, Caroline Hirons chatted to Michelle and Tom recently and there is a giveaway on her page: http://www.carolinehirons.com/2017/05/conversation-alpha-h-fab-giveaway.html

Last edited:
Thank you Ani I knew I'd get a prompt response. Turns out I still have a full pot of the Rejuvenating cream unopened and 300ml of Liquid Gold, as well as the SPF 50 plus cream which is my staple day cream so I'm all set for a few months to come. I had a slight wobble this morning and nearly ordered the TSV but I'm definitely resisting now, though it's good value.
Thanks again :mysmilie_59:

I don't have sensitive skin and have never had a reaction to anything I've slapped on my face until I tried this TSV and I'm not exaggerating when I say my face felt as if it was on fire,and it's left my neck with red marks,will never purchase again.

I don't have sensitive skin and have never had a reaction to anything I've slapped on my face until I tried this TSV and I'm not exaggerating when I say my face felt as if it was on fire,and it's left my neck with red marks,will never purchase again.
Are you talking about the night serum Lynn?

The Serum was the worst for the burning sensation but I also had the same effect from the cream and the liquid gold,it was definately more than a slight tingling sensation,my neck is still red raw.

The Serum was the worst for the burning sensation but I also had the same effect from the cream and the liquid gold,it was definately more than a slight tingling sensation,my neck is still red raw.
I’m sorry to hear this Lynn, my night serum is okay (in the old packaging) and doesn’t burn the skin, I wonder if they have tweaked the formula hence the new packaging?
I know what you mean about it burning the skin, I had this with their vit A overnight mask.

Latest posts

Back