Jill Franks Shut up-please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
Jill Franks is on with Marie Francoise on the Kipling show and appears to have verbal diarhoea, she just goes on and on frequently talking over Marie F, Marie is very capable of presenting on her own and has great knowledge of Kipling bags but no JF has to talk over her all the time.Very rude and irritating.

Maybe MF took that job for the advert where she is flipping stuff in a non stick frying pan just to get enough practice to enable her to clock one on the next presenter who talks over her!

Franks is looking more cartoonish at every appearance. Her lank hair keeps falling over her face but she never clips it back or tucks it behind her ear, and she looks more like Olive Oyl in the skinny jeans and diving boot shoes. Not forgetting that at every opportunity she tells us she doesn't cook - like its a badge of honour ! grow up woman ! Sorry, but her look will become wizened rather than winsome before much longer.

I caught minutes of that yesterday when the "bargain hunter" was on, and oh my word! I felt sorry for MFW she just had to stand there twiddling the bag because she wasn't allowed to speak. You could see the dusgust on JFs face even touching a Kipling, I mean if it's not a Lulu Guinness or an Amanda Wakeley, or doesn't cost the equivalent of feeding a small country, she's just not interested, although obviously she does love it and uses it all the time ahem! :tongue:

Got to add though, the price of Kipling on QVC are creeping up to what you'd pay for good leather bags like Fossil.

I don't own one Kipling item, it's just not a brand that appeals to me, and the prices are horrendous, what makes them think they warrant such high prices is beyond me. I only purchase leather bags, and some of these Kiplings are on a par price wise with leather, so if I'm going to spend that I'll buy leather thank you.

As for JF, well she must be surrounded by a lot of 'yes' people in her life, because someone must have told her the blonde look was for her - when in fact, it is just awful with those thick dark brows, school girl blonde hair which is irritating to the viewer.

Mind you, she's not alone. I think some of the QVC presents (you know who I mean) are definitely wearing fake hair glued in - because no-one, even people who have fast growing hair, can grow hair quite as quick is Chuntley - one day it was long, and literally 3 days later it had grown about another 5 inches.

Rant over.

MF seems resigned to me to being the bag displayer with the presenters, obviously, knowing more than she does about her brand.

Franks is looking more cartoonish at every appearance. Her lank hair keeps falling over her face but she never clips it back or tucks it behind her ear, and she looks more like Olive Oyl in the skinny jeans and diving boot shoes. Not forgetting that at every opportunity she tells us she doesn't cook - like its a badge of honour ! grow up woman ! Sorry, but her look will become wizened rather than winsome before much longer.

In this day and age I'd be embarrassed if my son or daughter boasted that they couldn't or wouldn't cook. Imagine the flack if it were a male presenter saying this! Cooking every day stuff is tedious sometimes but unless I'm sick in bed it doesn't take much to knock out a decent plate of nutrition (that's what food is right?) for those I love when they finish work. She claims to be precious about what she eats but take-aways and restaurant food gives her no control over her and her husband's food.

In this day and age I'd be embarrassed if my son or daughter boasted that they couldn't or wouldn't cook. Imagine the flack if it were a male presenter saying this! Cooking every day stuff is tedious sometimes but unless I'm sick in bed it doesn't take much to knock out a decent plate of nutrition (that's what food is right?) for those I love when they finish work. She claims to be precious about what she eats but take-aways and restaurant food gives her no control over her and her husband's food.

Does JF say she eats take-aways and restaurant food mainly, though? I assumed the husband cooks (although he has a career too, I know) or she just survives on things like salads, smoothies and juices, or maybe those health shakes. Or dust (Little Britain reference), since she is also proud of the fact she doesn't do housework?

Dust! definitely! maybe she does just throw stuff in a juicer, but even that seems likely too much like cooking!
:mysmilie_46:

Dust! definitely! maybe she does just throw stuff in a juicer, but even that seems likely too much like cooking!

Yeah, you're right. Maybe she just gets the cleaner to empty the dustbag into the (free) Vitamix with some fruit and veg, whizz it up and leave the resulting slurry in the fridge for her?

Yes, it does take effort to drag yourself the kitchen and open that netting holding the fruit, she probably buys the fruit already cut and ready to blitz, the lazy bugger. :mysmilie_17:

Both Franks and Chuntley seem to delight in expressing how ditzy or hopeless they are. Memo to them both; people who are REALLY like that never mention it - its up to others to express the fact. Come clean, you are not that idiotic, and doubt if you came across in your QVC interview as such, so stop taking your audiences for fools.

On Sunday during the so called gardening shows they were selling plastic ivy covered expanding trellis (WTF) and showed pics of presenters homes where this had been used. Miceal and Craig had used them to make their balconies more private (Miceal's place looked quite tasty) and then Jill Franks bins! Got to say her bin place was very down market in need of a darn good weed, so obviously an area she has never visited.

Jill Franks is on with Marie Francoise on the Kipling show and appears to have verbal diarhoea, she just goes on and on frequently talking over Marie F, Marie is very capable of presenting on her own and has great knowledge of Kipling bags but no JF has to talk over her all the time.Very rude and irritating.
Worst presenter ever.

Does JF say she eats take-aways and restaurant food mainly, though? I assumed the husband cooks (although he has a career too, I know) or she just survives on things like salads, smoothies and juices, or maybe those health shakes. Or dust (Little Britain reference), since she is also proud of the fact she doesn't do housework?

Cripes that must cost a fortune after a while ...I think it shows a sort of respect for yourself if you can cook ...I'm not a fancy cook and couldn't cook much at all when I married but i persevered and love doing basic stuff ..bolognese ..casserole..roasts .. stir fry ..I know what I'm putting into my food l.lbut I love a burger and chips when we are out or anharvester here and there but I think not to cook is sad really ...Jill needs to eat healthy food I think by the looks ..you can be thin but still be unhealthy ...the food I cook is simple but as healthy as I can make it not to be too tedious ...I hate long drawn out recipies lol ...bores me ...but basic cooking is rewarding ..it's better than take-always all the time and microwave meals ugh ...I could not be bothered to bake a cake lol I would never enjoy my own ..so the great bake off is not something I relish but I think they are really clever with the designs ...just haven't got the patience to learn it all :mysmilie_1: My quick cooker is brilliant for steaming veg and making casseroles ...chuck it all in brilliant lol

Like you May I didn't cook before I was married - Mum did it all. And as I married a man whose mother also did all the cooking, if I didn't have a go we'd both have starved ! Now retired I must admit to having the time to 'do' recipes, so now I refuse to buy shop cakes as nothing tastes like a home baked one, and with not a lot of effort either.

I imagine Franks eats out a lot (husband in PR), and has the Victoria Beckham Menu of Eating, pushing a few lettuce leaves around the plate, and spending a fortune for it - cant see her in a Harvester somehow.

I see JF is not doing the Perricone launch tonight gasp! but she turns up for the 4pm show tomorrow, she just had to didn't she.

But she is also down for the awful Quacker Factory hour as well. :mysmilie_483: will she love everything?

I don't know who she is listening to in terms of her looks, and I hate to criticize in that area because I know if it was me, I'd not like it, but I just don't like her hair colour these days with those very heavy dark brows - sorry Jill. She is also very proud of being slim, well let me tell you girl, skinny does not translate well past 50, once you hit 60 you will look drawn facially, and every line will be noticed. If you have naturally inherited good skin with few or little lines that's a whole different ball game, but you don't because I can see it in you now and you still have a long way to go.

I think she loves what she does and good for her, but I wish she would change the colour and style of her hair.

Latest posts

Back