Why does Jill Franks think everything pivots around her?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
I was watching Jill Franks on with a guest yesterday and I noticed she kept on talking about herself. It really got on my nerves. Every other sentence was "well I do this," and that's the piece I would buy," "I've only got 15 of these left." I thought
Also she comes across as rude and insincere. Why does she think everything revolves around her? Why would we care if she has a specific item? I don't get it!

jill franks has grown on me over the years and she is quite a good presenter now.. i think she is a bit fluffy and girly but ok !

I was watching Jill Franks on with a guest yesterday and I noticed she kept on talking about herself. It really got on my nerves. Every other sentence was "well I do this," and that's the piece I would buy," "I've only got 15 of these left." I thought
Also she comes across as rude and insincere. Why does she think everything revolves around her? Why would we care if she has a specific item? I don't get it!

I see you are quite new to this forum as I am. Having spent some time going back over a lot of the old threads - very entertaining it was too! - I would say that this is probably the most recurring theme. I could be wrong, but her self obsession and lack of consideration for those struggling during these recessionary times marks her out as one of the least popular presenters.

I get very irritated by her "I simply can't LIVE" without this!" comments. Especially as its usually in reference to some overpriced skincare item or makeup.
Vacuous.

jill franks has grown on me over the years and she is quite a good presenter now.. i think she is a bit fluffy and girly but ok !

I agree she does say "i"ve got 50 of these left" etc, but i noticed Craig saying it yesterday. She doesn"t annoy me, she"s better than
the ones that came after, Craig, Caramel, and Anna, and Miceal, who do annoy me more :headbang:

I like Dale. I think he presents very well. Alison Keenan is OK but a bit stuck up. Catherine Huntley is alright! I like her voice! Most of the others I can't stand, particularly Jill Franks and Alison Young. I wish they'd get rid of her. Her voice is quite Dawn Bibby-esque but more screechy. Alison Young reminds me in some ways of Gillian McKeith. How these people have any career longevity peddling their pseudo-scientific twaddle is quite baffling!

She really gets on my nerves when she says "I'VE" only got 15 of these left etc. as if she owns QVC.

I hear it an awful lot of people representing companies. A lot of them say "I only have so many of these" or " I can get more of these" maybe that is why I can not see the problem and just view it as in that person representing the company and not taking it literally

Probably because she is an indulged princess who has no-one else to think about but herself

She comes across as being very self-obsessed. I feel a bit sorry for her with all her girly twittering about her "girlfriends" and "hubby"- grow up woman! She has grown on me a little, compared to some of the newbies, but she is living proof that you CAN be too thin!!!

She comes across as being very self-obsessed. I feel a bit sorry for her with all her girly twittering about her "girlfriends" and "hubby"- grow up woman! She has grown on me a little, compared to some of the newbies, but she is living proof that you CAN be too thin!!!
I feel sorry for her, i think it"s sort of all she has in her life. Yes she"s probably got a rich husband, and i belive she"s very happily married, but she loves her
dogs and treats them like "children" and spoils them. So i think money can"t give you everything. And i actully was thinking Anna was maybe thinner than
her, if possible ?

I don't mind her either. She's comfortable with the camera & relaxed. Yes, she does witter on a bit, but so do all the others.
It's hard talking about a single product for so long - too long in my view.
At least she's not admiring herself in the monitor & adjusting her hair all the time.

I dont mind her, she does go on a bit but she doesnt have me reaching for the mute button. Whereas Charlie Brooks has me reaching for the off button. Id struggle to watch him even if he was presenting 70% off lulu guinness patent jenny on four easy pays! Thats how much i dislike charlie presenting!

What is it about Charlie's presenting you don't like, Sparty? Is it the rather. Slow.Way. he says.....here....on....QVC?
I dont mind her, she does go on a bit but she doesnt have me reaching for the mute button. Whereas Charlie Brooks has me reaching for the off button. Id struggle to watch him even if he was presenting 70% off lulu guinness patent jenny on four easy pays! Thats how much i dislike charlie presenting!

What is it about Charlie's presenting you don't like, Sparty? Is it the rather. Slow.Way. he says.....here....on....QVC?

I cant pinpoint what it is i dislike, the way he speaks can only be part of it because having him on mute doesnt help much. Id rather switch off than watch him. I find him a bit smarmy and the way he "caresses" the products a bit creepy.

It is ludicrous but has some beneficial side effects. Whenever she says she uses a particular skin care, hair care, make up I don't feel at all worried I'm missing out on anything. I am not saying she looks bad, I'm sure many think she looks great, but her look doesn't appeal to me at all and her face often looks like it has too much bronzer on or something. I wish someone would give it a good wash, sorry! Due to the nonsense she talks I just switch straight off now if it is her; she really does me a lot of good!

Latest posts

Back