Get Ready The Wedding Pics!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mr Akimbo is a strict "one in one out" non-hoarder which is challenging. He's a wee bit younger than me and luckily hasn't lost anyone significant in his family so when we have a sort through he can't understand why I want to hang on to a wooden marquetry scene / picture that my Dad bought me from a holiday in Italy. Dad didn't buy many things for anyone so it's one of the only things I have that he chose for me. Even if it lives in the loft I don't want to part with it and Mr A just doesn't get it! Sigh!

It's easy to rationalise that we have our memories and don't need "stuff", but I reckon on a shopping forum we all like our stuff! Hugs to all on here who didn't quite get the family they deserve!

Mr Akimbo is a strict "one in one out" non-hoarder which is challenging. He's a wee bit younger than me and luckily hasn't lost anyone significant in his family so when we have a sort through he can't understand why I want to hang on to a wooden marquetry scene / picture that my Dad bought me from a holiday in Italy. Dad didn't buy many things for anyone so it's one of the only things I have that he chose for me. Even if it lives in the loft I don't want to part with it and Mr A just doesn't get it! Sigh!

It's easy to rationalise that we have our memories and don't need "stuff", but I reckon on a shopping forum we all like our stuff! Hugs to all on here who didn't quite get the family they deserve!

I'm not a hoarder but love my stuff. Being pragmatic I've got my funeral organised - a direct cremation & then a party some time later when I'm going up in a firework & six of my most special possessions are coming with me. I was very lucky to be born to my parents, I definitely got the better deal!

Me too Twilight - have my funeral decided. A hippy drippy coffin of wicker, covered in any flowers but lilies !! Frank Sinatra singing "Thats Life", and all the ladies must be handed one of my party headbands to wear (which I make).

I've sobbed enough at the sombre funerals of family and friends, to ensure that I want anyone who bothers to attend mine, to go away thinking "well, that was a fun send off"

Me too Twilight - have my funeral decided. A hippy drippy coffin of wicker, covered in any flowers but lilies !! Frank Sinatra singing "Thats Life", and all the ladies must be handed one of my party headbands to wear (which I make).

I've sobbed enough at the sombre funerals of family and friends, to ensure that I want anyone who bothers to attend mine, to go away thinking "well, that was a fun send off"

I wish I could have had one of your party headbands when it was my sister`s funeral in June and I did her eulogy. She`d have loved to see me standing at the front of the crem talking about her and wearing one of your fabulous bands. She was disabled for the last 15 years of her life and spent most of her time in a wheelchair until she became more or less bed bound because of her cancer and when she became disabled she always said she didn`t want people to just see the wheelchair but to see HER. Consequently she wore flamboyant jewellery, bright clothes, coloured streaks in her hair and a bright smile on her face plus always her lipstick, never without her lipstick.
The crem was packed to the rafters at her funeral and before she died and she asked me would I do her eulogy she insisted I made people laugh not cry. I did my best and one of your headbands would have been the icing on the cake and i`m gutted i didn`t think of it.

Thanks for the kind words Vienna. Have changed my Avatar so you get the gist of my fun headbands (this one is for Christmas)

I'm sure I remember that they did a series of shows in the weeks before Jilly Halliday got married & I also think her wedding featured in a magazine. Of course nothing could make up for the fact that her wedding took place on the same day as the funeral of Princess Diana.
I remember they eventually had to stop broadcasting after the death of Princess Diana. The music channels all had test cards up the day after saying something along the lines of "because of recent events and the current mood of the country, we have ceased broadcasting as a mark of respect". QVC eventually put one up about the Wednesday or Thursday of that week. How inconsiderate of the Palace holding the funeral on the same day as JH's wedding.

Latest posts

Back