30 Day MBG

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just had a look in their T&Cs and found this:

2.2 All orders placed by you are subject to acceptance by us. We may choose not to accept your order for any reason and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances. We may also close your account for any reason including the reasons detailed in clause 9.3 and will not be liable to you or to anyone else in those circumstances.

I added the emphasis there and clause 9.3 is the one that details the returns. However, if you have had your account closed without notice, does this mean that they found some other arbitrary reason to do so? It seems they will only work with you over the returns, not other issues. It strikes me that they can just take a dislike to someone, close their account and not have to tell them anything. Not good.

I'd love to see a T-caller ask about this on air!!!

Uhm basically it appears from that they can do as they please with or without reason. :rolleyes: The 'value' in QVC certainly doesn't extend to valuing their customers. :angry:

Yes I accept I've exercised my right to return a fair number of items but then I've kept a fair amount as well and my keepers usually tend to be more expensive purchases anyway so QVC would be quids in, and I NEVER abuse the system by using something and then sending it back even though they urge you to do it.

i do.

i had summat for two years, used it, sent it back saying it was faulty (like theyre going to check...as if), got the cash back including postage, and immediately bought the new version of the same product :handshake:

naughty? not really. QVC wrote the rules, i'm playing the game. i just havent done it often enough to get onto their radar.

Uhm basically it appears from that they can do as they please with or without reason. :rolleyes: The 'value' in QVC certainly doesn't extend to valuing their customers. :angry:

Including closing the accounts of forumites who disgree with them? We know where you live ;)

i do.

i had summat for two years, used it, sent it back saying it was faulty (like theyre going to check...as if), got the cash back including postage, and immediately bought the new version of the same product :handshake:

naughty? not really. QVC wrote the rules, i'm playing the game. i just havent done it often enough to get onto their radar.

Utterly shameful!

I wish I had the balls to try it ;)

i do.

Good for you Burlz I'm glad you play them at their own game.

the gloves came off a couple of years ago when they charged me £38 p&p for the NC10 netbook which weighed less than a bag of sugar.

revenge is a dish best served cold

I'm really shocked PPC that they've just closed your account - without any discussion.

I have had the letter and when I phoned to complain (and encountered a very rude man) thats when I was told about the terms and conditions of the "membership".I was a bit gobsmacked tbh,as like you rightly say - who actually reads them?! Didn't feel I had a leg to stand on after that though.

I'm also quite shocked to learn that they don't take into account why people send things back.99% of what I send back, is sent back the same day I recieve it,as I know just in 5 minutes if its what I wanted/expected - but I have recieved items form QVC that have been wrong or faulty - and its not fair that they don't take those returns into account.

I agree with everything thats been said on here - and feel they should make their terms and conditions more vocal - or at least give an idea of what they deem a considerable amount of returns.

Yes I accept I've exercised my right to return a fair number of items but then I've kept a fair amount as well and my keepers usually tend to be more expensive purchases anyway so QVC would be quids in, and I NEVER abuse the system by using something and then sending it back even though they urge you to do it.

they have double standards for sure - urge you to buy, tell you you can send it back, no quibbles, but when you do just that they don't like it and when you get to a certain stage, just cut you off - it stinks doesn't it? obviously they don't advertise their Terms & Conditions or it would put the customers off, like it's doing with us lot on here...

i do.

Like Moth, I too wish I had the balls to try it! Well done BB!

I first bought from QVC back in the dark ages, well before the internet. I was definitely not sent any membership information, anything to sign or read through - I just placed my order by phone and received my goods. I still use the same membership number, does that mean they would try to pretend I agreed to their "terms and conditions" as well, if they wanted to close my account?

I first bought from QVC back in the dark ages, well before the internet. I was definitely not sent any membership information, anything to sign or read through - I just placed my order by phone and received my goods. I still use the same membership number, does that mean they would try to pretend I agreed to their "terms and conditions" as well, if they wanted to close my account?

same here RedRose...I received a membership card & a plastic ring sizer and that, I think, was my lot! By the sounds of all these postings, QVC just do as they damn well please, it seems they can manage quite nicely without some customers thank you, regardless of how much they may have spent over the years ...makes you :puke:

Same here. I think I joined in 1994. I called to order, was given a membership number and that was that. I did not receive any paperwork, a welcome pack or a membership card. I can't see how they could apply their terms and conditions to my membership which was not subject to them when I joined, if they were I certainly was not made aware of them.

I also cannot stand their constant reference to the £30 day MBG, particularly when accounts are being closed when customers exercise their right to return goods. I wonder if we could somehow address this issue with QVC collectively as a forum?

I agree with so much of what has been said on this thread - problems with returning goods and companies being economical with the truth (ok in some cases lying) make me mad. Like others, when I joined I only received a welcome letter, membership card and plastic ring sizer. I also never knew about "the letter" until I started reading this forum. In the past, I used to ring to place an order and I would ask, "if the product is unsuitable can I return it?" and I would always be told that as long as I returned it within 30 days of receipt I would get my money back. I don't remember them ever saying that the p+p would not be included in this refund.

Daisygirl - I think you are referring to Distance Selling Regulations. This gives you a 7 day cooling off period. If you receive the item and don't use it because it is not suitable for whatever reason, you can inform the company that you wish to return it under the DSR and they have to refund you the purchase price plus the p+p they charge. I think you have to pay the return p+p (unless the goods are faulty or damaged, in which case you can request a replacement or full refund including p+p, and QVC will send you out a prepaid label to return the item/s).

I too get fed up with these actors referring to the 30 day MBG. I just get the feeling that QVC are trying to lull people into a false sense of security that they have nothing to lose. I am wondering if things aren't going so well for them lately, because they now broadcast on ITV as well in "The Zone".

Regarding to the comment on Trading Standards, if you Google "Consumer Direct" they give a lot of info on their website. Where I live, if I ring Trading Standards I get put through to Consumer Direct instead.

I have spent so much time over the years standing up for "my rights" which has taken up a lot of time and energy (which I don't have) just because a company hasn't been honest with me or tried to fob me off.

I had another problem with QVC regarding a product which the presenter and the guest both said would last "for months". It lasted me 6 weeks. Because I was outside the 30 days, they categorically refused to give me a refund but eventually sent me a replacement FOC. I wasn't happy about it - because I had recorded the show, I could even give them the date and time that this statement was made. Surely I was entitled to a refund if a product has been misdescribed?

I could go on for ever about this but I'll stop now. PPC, I really hope you get some joy with sorting out your account closure - appalling.

I joined at the end of 1995 and got my membership card and ring sizer. In those days there was no internet, we had to order by phone and QVC were still reasonably small compared to now and customer service was reasonably good. They have just go too big and bolshie for their boots. They bang on now about how many new customers they get in every show but what we will never know is how many old customers they are losing and whether the new ones repeat purchase. With some of the tat they are selling these days I doubt it somehow

How about we each email to enquire what percentage of returns we have made in the current "returns accounting period". And ask what the time-period is used to arrive at the figure. When I got the letter and phone call years ago the stroppy chap who rang me couldn't tell me how long the period was in which my 50% threshhold had been exceeded (well I don't think he understood the question tbh) Fr'instance if I bought 140 items over 12 months and returned 71 of them would that ring the alarm bells at HQ. Equally if I bought 6 items one night believing, after a schooner of sherry that a "Kim & Co wardrobe" was the answer to my fashion prayers...like wot the presenter said and then sent them all back feeling I'd been had...would that be worse? If that Kim & co shopping was the only ordering I did that year my % look worse. Be nice to know where the goal-posts are.

Anyhoo, it'll just give 'em something to do with their "monitoring figures" if we all ask to know ours....I'd like mine as a colourful pie-chart please. 'KThnxBye

Jude xx

How about we each email to enquire what percentage of returns we have made in the current "returns accounting period". And ask what the time-period is used to arrive at the figure. When I got the letter and phone call years ago the stroppy chap who rang me couldn't tell me how long the period was in which my 50% threshhold had been exceeded (well I don't think he understood the question tbh) Fr'instance if I bought 140 items over 12 months and returned 71 of them would that ring the alarm bells at HQ. Equally if I bought 6 items one night believing, after a schooner of sherry that a "Kim & Co wardrobe" was the answer to my fashion prayers...like wot the presenter said and then sent them all back feeling I'd been had...would that be worse? If that Kim & co shopping was the only ordering I did that year my % look worse. Be nice to know where the goal-posts are.

Anyhoo, it'll just give 'em something to do with their "monitoring figures" if we all ask to know ours....I'd like mine as a colourful pie-chart please. 'KThnxBye

Jude xx

I asked this in another thread, but do they make it clear if it's an item or cost %?

Joined in 1994 and didn't get anything, just a number given over the phone when I made the first order.

TBH, I haven't heard them say "no quibble" MBG for a long time, but then i don't watch as much as I used to.

Latest posts

Back