A wee extract from Claudia Sylvester's blog on platinum on QVCUK.COM

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

Shoot me down but I quite like Claudia! :tongue2:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and thankfully on this site, we get a rough idea of what folk think. Claudia is not the worst presenter on QVC, in fact I usually do enjoy watching her. And her voice is easily understood. I love her doing computer hours, as like every other show she does, it is obvious she has done her homework

Last edited:
I'm not bitter about anyone being rich but I do dislike bragging. Obviously not everyone feels that way and that's peachy.

I'm not bitter about anyone being rich but I do dislike bragging. Obviously not everyone feels that way and that's peachy.

I agree

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

*sigh*

Shoot me down but I quite like Claudia! :tongue2:

You may have gathered that I do too. I love her clothes and at least she wears what suits her and fits her, As for her being too dressed up, I don't see that at all. Some of the presenters look as if they are off to walk the dog. If I am to part with my hard-earned cash, I want to be sold a little glamour, too - and that applies equally to the male presenters.
I agree that she doesn't look any younger than her age but I think she is one of those people that will age well and look about the same in 20 years time. I think she is like, for instance, Davina McCall who looked old when she was young, has grown into her looks and will look not much different, for years to come.

I would hate for anyone to think that I was bitter or jealous about Ostentatia Sylvester's bling and anything else she has going on in her life,lol...I really am unfamiliar with her bio,it's just THIS blog which raised my hackles.

Let's re-cap

"I blame my mother for my exquisite taste......."

Just the mere fact that she can commit that sentence to "paper" speaks to her taste..or lack thereof.

If the sentence had read..

"I blame my mother for my expensive tastes"........there would not even be a thread on this,not one started by me at least.

And it makes me wonder who at QVC towers approved the publishing of this blog,does anyone proof-read,was it someone who hates her??

i am very happy when i see content people, so i am not really bothered about their bragging.

So really BFT, we are talking semantics. I can't see why anyone at "QVC Towers" would object to such a statement as it is hardly inflammatory or offensive. I don't have the time or inclination to pursue this further. I like Claudia - fact, you object to something she has said - your prerogative.

So really BFT, we are talking semantics. I can't see why anyone at "QVC Towers" would object to such a statement as it is hardly inflammatory or offensive. I don't have the time or inclination to pursue this further. I like Claudia - fact, you object to something she has said - your prerogative.

No it's not really sematics,tis a little bit more complex(for me) than that and yes you're are correct it's my prerogative and anyone elses whose opinion runs the gamut.
And as you have no time or inclination to pursue this further.......not that I recall asking you specifically to do so,I don't expect a response.

I would hate for anyone to think that I was bitter or jealous about Ostentatia Sylvester's bling and anything else she has going on in her life,lol...I really am unfamiliar with her bio,it's just THIS blog which raised my hackles.

Let's re-cap

"I blame my mother for my exquisite taste......."

Just the mere fact that she can commit that sentence to "paper" speaks to her taste..or lack thereof.

If the sentence had read..

"I blame my mother for my expensive tastes"........there would not even be a thread on this,not one started by me at least.

And it makes me wonder who at QVC towers approved the publishing of this blog,does anyone proof-read,was it someone who hates her??

this post is as badly written as Claudia's, if not worse. and this is the opinion of someone who has actually studied linguistics.

this post is as badly written as Claudia's, if not worse. and this is the opinion of someone who has actually studied linguistics.

Wait a second?? wherever did you find the time??,lol

Sorry if my writing style offends you..well no i'm not really,but I am thrilled for you that you have studied liguistics,tis a very worthy pursuit.

The fact remains that taste is for other people to discern.She may well have taste beyond measure and everything she says in that regard may be 100% true,it's enough for HER to know it.That is all.

The fact remains that taste is for other people to discern.She may well have taste beyond measure and everything she says in that regard may be 100% true,it's enough for HER to know it.That is all.
Claudia reckons she has exquisite taste, according to who?:cheeky:

Claudia reckons she has exquisite taste, according to who?:cheeky:

According to Mrs Sylvester,but let's not dispute this,let's just take it as read,shall we??

There's no room for differing opinions on this forum.:)...actually this should read..."there's no room for MY opinion on this forum".

Well that's just too bad.

Mwahhh haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Last edited:
According to Mrs Sylvester,but let's not dispute this,let's just take it as read,shall we??

There's no room for differing opinions on this forum.:)...actually this should read..."there's no room for MY opinion on this forum".

You're a ****** nutter BFT :grin:

Generally speaking, I'd like to think there's always room for different opinions. It's better to speak your mind, than to p*ssyfoot around, with herd mentality.:angel::sun:

I agree with Petpixie, your opinions ROCK BFT!dance

Generally speaking, I'd like to think there's always room for different opinions. It's better to speak your mind, than to p*ssyfoot around, with herd mentality.:angel::sun:

I agree with Petpixie, your opinions ROCK BFT!dance

Thanks Jasper,I agree re:eek:pinions.

But please don't be seen taking sides with me,you'll be alienated,ostracized and cast away into ST.COM wilderness.You don't wanna make enemies here,these people are as serious as a heart-attack!

Back away from me now...save yourself,I beg thee!!

I will fight the good fight alone,lol.

But please don't be seen taking sides with me,you'll be alienated,ostracized and cast away into ST.COM wilderness.You don't wanna make enemies here,these people are as serious as a heart-attack!

No you won't, you'll bring your ego too won't you?

:D :D :D

(sorry, I got carried away talking to the ghost of Christmas past)

Last edited:

I'll take your side any day BFT. Before you know it, there will be a small army of lunatics, outcasts and the unclean marching forward delivering our deranged ideas to the masses. :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back