Absolutely...

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just what market is she exactly trying to attract? Middle class high earners with more ego and money than sense, like old I don’t look 42, I look 92? Well, I’ve got news for ‘absolutely’ head - they ain’t watching you and old sour-faced skin Flint on a shopping channel during the day or the night. Maybe that’s why you’re having a hawk your goods around different ones - presumably without the success you’re looking for on either.

If she hadn’t realised already, these are tough times economically, and the last thing people are going to do who are remotely struggling on a limited budget is to pis…splash a load of money up the wall on her meals, however much she spends on gushing aspirational promos misguidedly pitched at yummy mummy types. If you want these types of people, erect a decorators table on Kensington High Street with your ****** containers. You don’t eat the promos, you eat the food, and maybe that’s why you have to keep appearing on shopping television trying to sell it?

Also, would love to know her mark ups?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what to eat & what not to eat as we all do! At the moment have sensible head on eating well & loosing some of the weight I piled on over the winter.I admit I am ‘time rich’ being retired to think & do shopping but even I am amazed at the amount of money I have saved by thinking about what I need and plan.I do have the occasional ready meal but the cost of these Jane Plan packages is so astronomical and you have to add fruit & veg. anyway.Anyone who is so pushed for time because of work commitments etc. could probably afford to pay a chef to make proper balanced meals?

The reason diets succeed in my experience is down to being absolutely committed to losing weight, that is at least half the battle. Swapping a fatty, sugary, carb laden diet with salads, crispbreads without butter, and eating an apple instead of a bar of chocolate is likely to fail big time. Who wants to eat boring, uninspiring and unappetising food? (Even if it is nutritious). Along comes something like Jane plan (which sounds simple in itself) promising variety and treats and a guaranteed weight loss for zero effort - so blindly people jump without any thought to how expensive and unsustainable it is. FFS who can afford to spend so much money on food for one person and still have to buy a load of extras? (especially if they're a family). Anyone in the right mindset will realise that eating smaller portions, going low fat and not over doing all the fattening stuff will do the trick, so absolutely no need to substitute eating good food with processed ready meals, and of course exercising more if it's possible. If you're going to follow someone's plan then imvho you can't really go wrong with slimming world, yes you can join the sessions but you can do it online and once you know, you know and it's brilliant - and sustainable! I'd be surprised if bony ol' Jane is a product of her own diet, and if she is it's probably down to a mixture of malnutrition and diarrhoea!

I joined a group at SW a few weeks ago have lost a few pounds without difficulty eating sensibly and feeling a lot better for it.I will get the urge to have a glass or two of wine, that leads me to the crisps but if I can keep that in check and not go overboard then that will be a massive step forward! Onward & upward!Certainly I am convinced that the food I am eating is a lot better (& vastly cheaper) than some ready made diet plan.

I saw a bit of this yesterday, she was drooling over some glutinous mass being spooned out with Delboy nibbling on some oatcake, oh so delicious! Do they not realise how pathetic and completely false they look? Why people want to spend so much money on this?
because they think they will get thin with minimal effort. If it were easy to be slim, there would be no obesity epidemic in this country

Latest posts

Back