Advance notice of tsv's

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
I mean really advance notice, especially of beauty tsv's. Qvc probably know what's coming up months, or a year in advance. I think it would be very nice to know too. That way we can decide what to wait for instead of buying today's offer just in case the next one is disappointing.

If I were Mally I wouldn't be thrilled to have a tsv 5 days before Christmas. Most people will have done their prezzy shopping and she will be left with regular diehards and last minute desperados. If we had the beauty line up every 6 months it would make life much easier and shouldn't affect sales much. We'd just buy more of what we really fancied and less of what was only ok. We are all different, with different budgets and preferences, so can't really see why it wouldn't work. It might even lead to improved tsv's as buyers are able to make fully informed choices instead of taking a half hearted punt.

A couple of years back I thought her Christmas TSV was earlier than this... I think she's been pushed back to make room for the Tarte TSV which has already been and gone.

It used to be a good one - even though not for me: she often had multiples of items so you could split them up into several presents... which I think is an excellent way to do things.

Of course QVC tell us they've got these things booked in a year or so ahead of time, but as we've found this year... things go wrong, and they have to draft in last-minute substitutes. QVC probably wouldn't want the embarrassment of us knowing quite how badly wrong things can go.

Anyway - with the goodwill of the eagle-eyed ladies and gents who visit Beauty Bash, if there are any previews of TSVs, we may get some photos and other tips :mysmilie_47:

I think we learned about the contents of most of the Elemis TSVs that way, as well as other brands. Unless that's something else QVC are going to squash!

Years ago I think Sazza posted a list of the months in which different beauty brands have their TSVs (and possibly their anniversaries) which was really useful.

Some of the TSV may have shifted over time as new brands have been introduced but I agree it would be really useful to know this well in advance. When make up brands' TSVs are in consecutive months there's usually enough detail posted by SCW, Autumn etc. For me it's more tricky when there are brands I quite like (Mally, Laura Geller) and brands I really like (Tarte, Josie Maran) spread with a couple of months between them. I'd probably forego a Mally TSV if there's a Tarte one due a couple of months later. But then there's an occasional wild card new brand TSV to factor in! :mysmilie_465:

This, ofcourse from a make up addict who won't need anymore cosmetics until 2035! :mysmilie_12:

I only ever buy the Decleor TSVs or Judith Williams when it comes to beauty but it would be very handy to know when they were so I could make sure I had money to spare to buy them. I do sometimes have to bite the bullet and say no when I actually would like to buy so if I had the money there I could buy one set or even two.

CC

Latest posts

Back