A'kin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'Kin here too! The Men's range is lovely, I even pinched the shower gel myself, smells yummy! Their eye creams are terrif and the hand wash super!
On makeup, would Christopher Drummond be considered natural? You can find his stuff and another natural range on Just Beauty Driect, Jayne is a real star!

I knew I shouldn't read this thread!! I've been on mypure and placed an order! My husband will rue the day I joined this forum haha!

Looking forward to trying me some A'kin :)

:mysmilie_34: Snap

:mysmilie_17:

Apparently the new Green People make-up is very good (a lovely member has tried it and raved about it to me). As a brand, they are very fussy about what ingredients they use.

Brands such as Nvey and Elsambrye are supposed to be pretty 'green' as well (although I haven't used them so not sure how good they are ...)

skin nutrition also sell A'kin. Just purchased a set from them aswell after all the rave reviews on here.

Has anyone tried Natural Empathy?

I will look at the make-up ranges aswell.

:mysmilie_687:

:mysmilie_687: everyone , off to check out website:mysmilie_82::mysmilie_82:

I have used may of their products as I have very sensitive skin and psoriasison my face.I buy all my stuff from Mypure as they do free postage on everything and free gifts on lots of items.I would'nt buy it from anywhere else,even QVC unless it was a brand new kit that I was'nt sure about.They have a very fast delivery service too,much better than QVC

I can vouch for Lily Lolo - have been using it for a number of weeks now and I absolutely adore it. The foundation is beautiful as is the concealer. I'm using it in conjunction with Spackle and finding my skin is improving.

I had some samples of Living Nature stuff from MyPure but I couldn't bear the smell of any of the products - despite the face they were completely natural, they all stank of manure to me. Pong central.

Have now had a look at the mypure website and it looks like I would need the Neroli cleanser which I don't get a reaction against. Sadly I have a wee stockpile of C&P and Elemis Pro Radiance to get through first, probably 400mls worth unopened! x

Has anyone else tried the Lily Lilo range? It looks lovely from what I can see on their website. Great idea to have sample sizes too. Am trying to work out what colour I might be..

Mibbette I have used Lily Lolo before. I used to use Bare Minerals fairly light shade and I wore the Blondie shade from Lily Lolo.

As soon as my current foundation is finished I will be going back to the Lily Lolo.

In my opinion the Lily Lolo lasts longer than B.E.

Hope this helps.

Mibbette I have used Lily Lolo before. I used to use Bare Minerals fairly light shade and I wore the Blondie shade from Lily Lolo.

As soon as my current foundation is finished I will be going back to the Lily Lolo.

In my opinion the Lily Lolo lasts longer than B.E.

Hope this helps.

That does help, thanks very much! Have ordered a couple of samples, really looking forward to trying them, the reviews are brilliant.

Sarah xx

I have used may of their products as I have very sensitive skin and psoriasison my face.I buy all my stuff from Mypure as they do free postage on everything and free gifts on lots of items.I would'nt buy it from anywhere else,even QVC unless it was a brand new kit that I was'nt sure about.They have a very fast delivery service too,much better than QVC

:mysmilie_687:

Thanks for the info - I've just ordered the cleanser. I was getting near the end of my LE and thinking there was another 30 odd quid going on face cleanser (I usually buy the triple pumps). This looks very good value so hopefully I'll like it. And FREE postage too, brilliant.
Just checked my current LE (with a magnifying glass:mysmilie_61:) and can't see almond oil in the ingredients but I can't say I've noticed any difference.

My first venture into A'kin was the "serum"... which turned out to be an oil. I could kill them
t2309.gif

clemenzina

Has anyone else tried the Lily Lilo range? It looks lovely from what I can see on their website. Great idea to have sample sizes too. Am trying to work out what colour I might be..

I tried Lily Lolo years ago but remember that I couldn't get a good shade match. The blushers were lovely though. x

I found the foundation too drying on me although I do applaud them for having such a good range of colours to chose from. BE made me itchy and shiny and never covered any red bits like their demos do (so I can only assume they apply a lot!).

Christopher Drummond is the best mineral foundation I've used. I know its expensive but a little goes a long way! One of the tester pots from Jayne lasts for ages if you do want to give it a whirl.

Just echoing Cupcake here, if you have sensitive skin try Christopher Drummond. It does not have the stuff in it that makes you itch.(Bismuth and Titanium Dioxide) CD does great videos on how to use the products too. Jayne has samples and they do last a long time. Full sizes are expensive as an initial outlay, but lasts forever!

Last edited:
Thanks girls, much appreciated. I've ordered a few samples from Lily Lilo, and also CD samples from JBD. I've been using BE, but there's something about it that I do not like. Also I've been using the Light foundation, but it looks quite yellowy on me, so I had already ordered the fairly light to try instead. Think I might just send them both back!

Sarah xx

In another place I've seen rave reviews for Elemental Beauty mineral makeup, which contains allantoin (I think). I remember one woman in particular was at the end of her tether with skin problems (acne? eczema? can't remember exactly) and she found EB miraculous compared to other stuff she'd tried.

They do samples and their customer service is supposed to be very good, their prices are far lower than BE... and they're British:

http://www.elementalbeauty.co.uk/product-category

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back