A'Kin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have just ordered two of the Rose & Geranium Cleanser & Toner at www.salonskincare.co.uk for £20.72. Free P&P up till 30th August.

QVC price for the two £24 plus £4.45 for P&P.

Think I got a bargain there:mysmilie_378:

OK a question for those who have used the shampoo and conditioners?

Which ones for short colour treated hair? Now on a certain site (my pure) I see they are doing duo 500mls packs for £19.98 plus a free 75ml hand cream with code if buy two products SOFTHANDS:bandit:

I think I should be the Ylang Ylang shampoo but it only comes with the Avocado conditioner which is more for long dry hair. Now the Wheatgerm conditioner comes with the Amino(sp)Rice acid shampoo which says bleached/treated.

So which am I, my hair though coloured is not dry as I use Kevin Murphy and he has on SLS stuff in his range.

OK a question for those who have used the shampoo and conditioners?

Which ones for short colour treated hair? Now on a certain site (my pure) I see they are doing duo 500mls packs for £19.98 plus a free 75ml hand cream with code if buy two products SOFTHANDS:bandit:

I think I should be the Ylang Ylang shampoo but it only comes with the Avocado conditioner which is more for long dry hair. Now the Wheatgerm conditioner comes with the Amino(sp)Rice acid shampoo which says bleached/treated.

So which am I, my hair though coloured is not dry as I use Kevin Murphy and he has on SLS stuff in his range.

Hi Donna

Go for the Ylang Ylang shampoo with the Avocado conditioner - I use those on my coloured hair - and it's in a very short, blunt bob. I really really don't think it matters at all, I find that conditioner suits my hair very well. The wheatgerm conditioner is also aces - and still very suitable, but to be honest I thought of the two it was much richer (?) but them I'm strange.

Hope that helps.

x

Well, I took the plunge and ordered from mypure.com, got the Rose and Geranium cleanser, Rosehip Oil and Rosehip and Shea moisturiser on a promotion (plus friend added a product to order so we got free handcream!) It arrived the day after as promised (are you listening QVC? :wait:) I intended to use it till the weekend and then post my feedback but oh my actual gosh - I love it after one use! I've always thought that if you've been used to using a lower quality product range and step it up to a good one you'll see a difference, but never been convinced that you can witness a clear improvement in one application if you've had a good regime previously. I stand corrected. I only used the cleanser last night, at the end of a long and knackering full time mum day, but could see a radiance immediately. The Rosehip oil was a pleasure to use and added to the glow. I haven't tried the moisturiser or hand cream yet as have others in my stash that need using up first, but am confident! Also got a sample of the shampoo and conditioner to try. I fear they may steal me away from my beloved Aveda...

So thanks for all the advice re: products and retailers everyone. Please add me to the 'I love A'Kin' crowd :clapping:

I use the rose hip oil at night and can really see a difference when i stagger out of bed to face a new day! I got that little set in the pink bag from QVC but will now be looking elsewhere to buy as this thread has been so informative. I am interested in venturing into the shampoos, have fine but plentiful wavy hair which is coloured.Any suggestions would be welcome.

Well, I took the plunge and ordered from mypure.com, got the Rose and Geranium cleanser, Rosehip Oil and Rosehip and Shea moisturiser on a promotion (plus friend added a product to order so we got free handcream!) It arrived the day after as promised (are you listening QVC? :wait:) I intended to use it till the weekend and then post my feedback but oh my actual gosh - I love it after one use! I've always thought that if you've been used to using a lower quality product range and step it up to a good one you'll see a difference, but never been convinced that you can witness a clear improvement in one application if you've had a good regime previously. I stand corrected. I only used the cleanser last night, at the end of a long and knackering full time mum day, but could see a radiance immediately. The Rosehip oil was a pleasure to use and added to the glow. I haven't tried the moisturiser or hand cream yet as have others in my stash that need using up first, but am confident! Also got a sample of the shampoo and conditioner to try. I fear they may steal me away from my beloved Aveda...

So thanks for all the advice re: products and retailers everyone. Please add me to the 'I love A'Kin' crowd :clapping:

Pleased you're liking the results Artdeco. I bought the same from The Nutricentre last Thursday, but still waiting for my goodies. I've emailed them but yet to have a reply. Will give them a ring tomorrow. Can't wait to have a look see at them and see if I can be converted too!

My Rose & Geranium cleanser x 2 from salonskincare turned up today in a HUMUNGOUS box. But I got free P&P so :sun:

I so wanted to love Akin and I do love the smell and texture of thier products but alas my skin had other ideas, I just got spotty :grin:

I now just sniff the pots and bottles because I love the smell--makes me sound a bit strange that but I'm not honest!!

I've been pondering trying A'kin after reading all your posts as thought it looked as good if not better then LE and was far better value for money, and have just ordered some cleanser and shampoodle from salonskincare. FIngers crossed!

I've been pondering trying A'kin after reading all your posts as thought it looked as good if not better then LE and was far better value for money, and have just ordered some cleanser and shampoodle from salonskincare. FIngers crossed!

good luck amn! I love the oils and I have the intensive moisturiser, plus one of the sprays. For cleansing I've just gone back to my LE C & P as I've started using black mascara again (used to only wear clear but it doesn't work the same) and C & P is the only thing that will take it all off...however, each to his own and I hope it works for you - let us know about the shampoo, haven't tried that yet...

good luck amn! I love the oils and I have the intensive moisturiser, plus one of the sprays. For cleansing I've just gone back to my LE C & P as I've started using black mascara again (used to only wear clear but it doesn't work the same) and C & P is the only thing that will take it all off...however, each to his own and I hope it works for you - let us know about the shampoo, haven't tried that yet...

I've just gone back to C & P again after finding the A'kin cleanser didn't work for me. I have to use one and a half pumps now instead of the original one pump but I much prefer it to A'kin's cleanser - at least, for my skin.

I left a review on QVC's site about my purchase of the A'kin cleanser, just explaining that it stung my eyes, so my eyes must be extra sensitive and I explained too that it didn't remove my foundation completely - and they didn't show it! Methinks they want to keep all those 5* ratings which is ridiculous I think. After all, I wasn't slating A'kin, just giving a fair opinion after using it. Isn't that what ratings are for, after all, so that people can make their minds up based on people's use of the product? Someone else might think 'oh I have sensitive eyes, it may not be suitable for me.' :confused:

Last edited:
I've just gone back to C & P again after finding the A'kin cleanser didn't work for me. I have to use one and a half pumps now instead of the original one pump but I much prefer it to A'kin's cleanser - at least, for my skin.

I left a review on QVC's site about my purchase of the A'kin cleanser, just explaining that it stung my eyes, so my eyes must be extra sensitive and I explained too that it didn't remove my foundation completely - and they didn't show it! Methinks they want to keep all those 5* ratings which is ridiculous I think. After all, I wasn't slating A'kin, just giving a fair opinion after using it. Isn't that what ratings are for, after all, so that people can make their minds up based on people's use of the product? Someone else might think 'oh I have sensitive eyes, it may not be suitable for me.' :confused:

have just this afternoon tried a Decleor gel eye make-up remover my daughter gave me..it stung my eyes summink awful...and it took 3 cotton wool pads for each eye an'all! I've never yet reviewed a product - I don't think they'd print mine for sure if I was honest!

I like the A'kin shower gels (have tried the orange blossom, jasmine and sandalwood so far), mandarin shampoo, and jojoba conditioner (smells divine). :happy:

A'Kin cleanser now sold

A'Kin hand,nail and cuticle cream 75ml
going spare that I won't get though if anyone's interested
£5 plus postage cost.

Thanks Bags

just bumping this to thank you all for the recommendations. Several products purchased (mypure) and am loving them. Next up going to try the shampoo/conditioner after Cavegirl bullied me into it :wink:

have just this afternoon tried a Decleor gel eye make-up remover my daughter gave me..it stung my eyes summink awful...and it took 3 cotton wool pads for each eye an'all! I've never yet reviewed a product - I don't think they'd print mine for sure if I was honest!

Agree Busy Mum. The blue Decleor stuff is awfully stingy. Just chucked mine away.

Agree Busy Mum. The blue Decleor stuff is awfully stingy. Just chucked mine away.

I was so surprised at how this stung - it was just a sample size that my daughter had passed on to me as it didn't suit her - so that made two of us, and three with you! Normally I quite like Decleor stuff but that's one I won't be purchasing!

Latest posts

Back