A'Kin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DramaCat

gobby bird
so...as good as they say? I see some cracking reviews on their products and (amazingly) I haven't tried any yet. I like the ethos behind it, sort of Liz Earle before the fibs. Just wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations or cautions about the range.

huge thumbs up from me :up::up::up:

I :heart: the rosehip oil, I have oily skin but it's fine for me. Also love the brightening mist, the rosehip and shea moisturiser and the cellular serum - pretty much everything really!

there is not much choice on QVC anymore, I get most of mine from www.nutricentre.com or www.mypure.co.uk, more choice and often better prices but it's worth trying a kit from QVC first to see if you like it - I'm sure you will!

YAIS! Yais! A huge thumbs up from me. I use a lot of stuff from their range - rosehip oil, cellular radiance serum, rose de mai face cream, their jojo and corn face scrub and their shampoos and conditioners. All are amazing and can't find anything to criticise them on at all. My skin has improved ten fold since I've been using A'kin. I would definitely agree with Gemster - use either MyPure or the NutriCentre to buy from.

so...as good as they say? I see some cracking reviews on their products and (amazingly) I haven't tried any yet. I like the ethos behind it, sort of Liz Earle before the fibs. Just wondering if any of you guys have any recommendations or cautions about the range.

Excellent thread - in just the last few days I've been wondering about starting one myself asking this very self same question: can it be as good as it sounds? I don't think I've heard anything but praise for the range. On the recommendation of those in the know (including the lovely poster immediately above me) I decided to get the Try Me kit but missed the showing of it a week last Monday and now CS tell me they may or may not get some back at some point in the future but they can't guarantee anything, like, ever...:dull: So I'm wondering whether to just bite the bullet and order from the other retailers...:clapping:

I've loved the vast majority of products I've tried from A'kin. The rose and geranium cleanser is just amazing, far supasses LE, much better value (225ml for around £12!) and smells divine (my review of it on QVC is so glowing they're read it out a number of times haha!!).

The rosehip and shea moisturiser is lovely, really nourishing and perfect as a night cream in winter for me. Also I can add the rosehip oil underneath if it's really cold and harsh out.

The facial mist is fab for hydration in the winter (esp in a dry office during the day) and cooling (esp out of the fridge) in summer.

The only thing I haven't like is the shampoo, it didn't lather up enough to really clean my hair. Saying that I've found the same with any SLS free shampoo I've tried so I think it's my hair more than the shampoo. Certainly loads of people seem to love it.

The body washes are great too, lovely natural smells, lather up nicely (considering they are sls free) and very gentle on the skin.

Next on my list to try are the scrubs!

Tx

I've used the hair products & really like them so does my daughter. Also the rosehip oil serum is just wonderful. Must get some more of that & will give the cleanser a go as well.

I think this is a really good range that dosen't cost the earth & provides results.

Thanks for the links as well.Will use them.

I went on to A'Kin after someone recommended it on this forum and I love the rosehip oil and the intense moisturizer. Have used the champoo and conditioner and like them too, and am very impressed with their handcream. I use the cleanser too, and love it, although have loads on Liz earle left and decleor, so am using it inbetween

I love Akin.

The rose and geranium cleanser edges the neroli and sandalwood in my opinion. I have found that the oily skin stuff is for really oily skin rather than just combination skin (which I have), but the rose and geranium works lovely.

The moisturisers are lovely also but I find them very floral smelling (a bit like skin repair really). It doesn't bother me but I'm sure it bothers some.

The hair stuff is absolutely brilliant. There are no words I can use to describe the shampoo. I have naturally blonde hair, which can usually look a little dull, but using the akin shampoo it looks like something off the old timotei adverts. It is even better than Ojon. The problem with the shampoos is that your hair goes through a "detox" for the first 2 weeks or so and as such it makes the hair very dry. I actually gave up on the shampoo when it did this until I read that it was supposed to and the results since I started using it again have been amazing. I am always getting comments about my hair now.

The leave in conditioner and normal conditioners are lovely also.

The shower gels are nice. I don't notice a particularly lasting smell or my skin being in better condition, but in the same ilk it is no worse and smells lovely when using. If you like the idea of all natural they are lovely. If you are happy with other shower gels you are using I don't know whether they are particularly worth the switch in my opinion.

So as you can tell I love A'kin. In fact I didn't realise how much of the items I had used and enjoyed!

I like A'Kin very much, though the rose based products didn't like my skin for some reason. I switched to the unscented products and they are great. The 24hour unscented moisture cream is wonderful! The unscented shampoos and conditioners are great too. And their prices as so much more reasonable than many brands. A good choice!

wow thanks girls, rave reviews all round really, I am going to give them a try (and yell at you all if I dont like them :tongue:)

am going to try the Hydrating Rose and Radiance Kit from QVC first, that way if it doesn't suit my skin for some reason I can get the refund.

you are all superstars

xxx

It's just me then? :(

I love the A'kin Rosehip Oil and Cellular Radiance Serum but I find the A'kin Rose & Geranium cleanser doesn't remove as much foundation as C & P - although I have to use more C & P nowadays, instead of the 'one pump' - and it makes my eyes sting when I try to get off eye make-up. Has no-one else found this? Is it just my eyes? :(

I've also been thinking of changing from LE to A'kin. I think I might give a kit a go and see how it suits me.

A friend suggested Trilogy stuff but that's expensive stuff :eek:

Big thumbs up for A'Kin :up: love it. Have tried most of the range, hand washes (fave is Lemon Myrtle) body lotion, hand cream etc though it's probably easier to say which products I haven't tried and that is the hair care.

I'm using MOP shampoo at the moment which is sulfate free so when that's finished might try A'kin.

Best products definately are the Rosehip oil and Radiance serum and alternate with my Decleor oils.

:flower:

I've a new boxed A'kin rose cleanser 225 mls, open to offers if anyone's interested at all ?

:flower:

I'm interested in expanding into a mask would be also interested in a review.
Looks like QVC aren't stocking A'kin in a big way last featured for only an hours show. :confused: :devil:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.228093.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

That's the kit that I first tried too and I could not believe how good it was. The cleanser is really creamy and has a nice fragrance to it - can use with or without the muslin cloth. Leaves my face clean and glowing, as C&P used to. The rosehip oil is also good. I use it at night, but don't use it every day, more like every other day. The moisturiser is also very good, thick and creamy and probably better for winter, or night time use.

But all in all, a fantastic collection and very good value.

Another A'kin fan here. Love the oils and creams, but the cleanser is my holy grail cleanser - it does a wonderful job and smells divine.

Try this kit as a great intro:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.228093.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

This is one of those regimes that each day your skin looks better -

Oops, meant to add this link too as an alternative seller for A2kin, plus they have good offers on and at the mo you can get a free hand cream or hair conditioner if you order two items - no hardship, only opportunities:grin:

http://www.eco-essentials.co.uk/index.php?manufacturers_id=14&sort=0d&page=1

Latest posts

Back