Alison Cork TSV 12/11/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got rid of my big old, lined, heavy curtains and pelmets and have shutters much less dust. I love the look of the Curtains though
I like a window dressed with full length curtains plus not all of mine fully draw across.
When we eventually move, hopefully in the next 3 or so years will depending on the house consider some shutters, but wouldn’t give up the curtain look to the window recesses.

Oh I adore shutters but can’t afford them sadly.

And I’ve got nice black-out blinds at my bedroom windows to try to help with sleep (it doesn’t!), but I still “need” (well like is more accurate) curtains to soften the look...

Plus I like drawing them at night and vice versa, to feel cosy and darken the room.

I’ve got really expensive taste in curtains so buy new made-to-measure (for someone else!) returns etc from eBay.

I recently invested in some teal velvet, interlined curtains which I got at bargain price.
But think dust may be an issue - and they’re so heavy the Hermes lady didn’t believe me that they were curtains which doesn’t bode well for my curtain pole! 😂

My brother has shutters in his front living room, but I felt like I was in a crate, with the shafts of light peeking through the wooden slats. Not for me, and they must be a bugger to keep free of dust. I like to see them painted blue on the outside of French houses, not inside a semi in Stevenage !

They don't cut out light like well made curtains do but they are less likely to harbour dust on the level of big heavy lined curtains. Because of the type of wood and finish the dust is minimal a quick flick of those microfibre wand thing does the trick. Wooden shutter are hundreds of years old they used to be more solid rather than slatted. I have a victorian house its quite a nice look

Attachments

• Cork TSV 1.jpg
    Cork TSV 1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Cork TSV 2.jpg
    Cork TSV 2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 101
  • Cork TSV 3.jpg
    Cork TSV 3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 112
I am very good at making them as I can sew have been making my own clothes for decades. Making curtains, Austrian blinds cushions etc. My mum was a seamstress as were many women years ago
I moved into a new build house in the late 1980’s and called it ‘the land of the Austrian blind’ everyone had them including me, I made my own.Now I have Venetian blinds but only curtains in the main bedroom.I like the clean unfussy look everywhere else.

I moved into a new build house in the late 1980’s and called it ‘the land of the Austrian blind’ everyone had them including me, I made my own.Now I have Venetian blinds but only curtains in the main bedroom.I like the clean unfussy look everywhere else.
its interesting seeing what trends / we buy into. Sometimes when something is new I am not interested the eventually I cave in

My nephew and his fiancée bought a new build house last year and have had shutters fitted throughout (except French doors).

They work long shifts and have long commutes so they feel their house is “safer” - stops people peering in through ground floor windows and a deterrent to burglars. They also have Ring doorbell and security lights - Fort Knox !

They are police officers and sadly have been targeted a few times when spotted off-duty by people they’d arrested.

Of all the things Alison Cork could have brought us for her Christmas TSV this has to be the "oh I forgot it was my TSV so oh yeah, that'll do".

Alison, what about something wonderful for our Christmas table? Something lovely to hang in the window? Something stag themed for our front garden so we could be posh like you? Nope, some bit of old crap that makes you enough money to pay for your no doubt wonderful Christmas festivities entertaining all your wonderful guests. Well pee off from me.

CC

Alison Cork Set of 3 2m Pre-Lit Glitter Rope Strands
Item Number: 814397
QVC Price £27.00
Todays Special Value Price £21.00
P&P £2.95

Whether you're planning a festive party or want to up your decor game, these Alison Cork light strands are sure to make a glittering impression. Perfect for indoor and outdoor use, they twinkle in more ways than one, with a crystal design and multiple light functions. Wrap them around a banister for a sparkling staircase, or place them in a tree to brighten up the garden. The choice is yours switch it up and light up your season!

Get creative
- these versatile rope lights can be used in a myriad of ways to create enchanting scenes in your home. Why not embellish a table or a mantlepiece, or add a magical touch to your pergola? The options are endless, plus this set comes just in time for Christmas. But why stop there? Gorgeous lighting is timeless!

Dazzle your guests - with eight light pattern functions, you can pick the perfect setting for your special event, space or preference. Flick between Combination, In Waves, Sequential, Slow Glow, Chasing, Slow Fade, Flash and Steady On for a variety of stunning lighting looks.

Pick your lights - with six colours options available, all that's left to do is pick the ideal lightstrand for your home. Go for a traditional option with Gold or Wine Red, or try something different and sophisticated with Purple or Blue. There's a colour for every decor with Silver and Soft Pink options available too. What will you choose?

• Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
  • Each light strand requires 3 x AA batteries (nine AA batteries included)
  • 20 warm white LED bulbs per light strand

Colour options:

• Blue
  • Gold
  • Lilac
  • Silver
  • Soft Pink
  • Wine Red

What's in the box?

• 3 x light strands

Latest posts

Back