Alison Keenan's "tortoise" neck

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
She's just started the Nina Leonard hour and looks rather odd. Her tambourine-taut face some 20 years younger than her creped, scrawny, "tortoise" neck, a bit like Deirdre in Coronation Street used to have. Maybe she's been using Lulu's regime?

I remember her once saying on a Gatineau hour that she used one of their neck gels (Melatogenine). Sorry Alison, but you're not a good advert for it.

I think she is a nice lady and one of the better presenters on QVC, but that neck!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5317/5913148129_1895a73a9c_b.jpg

Last edited:
My neck's like that now and I'm 62 in Sept. looking back I always looked after my face and hands but not neck. Until 4 years ago I looked younger than my 58 years (so everyone said), but then I lost 4 stones which was needed but has left my face and neck a bit saggy ! Health over vanity I know, but it's hard to look in the mirror ! I'm thinking about some sort of cosmetic surgery, Botox doesn't work on the neck.

AK has been extremely ill for years and I think that aggressive treatment plays havoc with your skin, nails and hair. I think she looks fab considering.

My neck's like that now and I'm 62 in Sept. looking back I always looked after my face and hands but not neck. Until 4 years ago I looked younger than my 58 years (so everyone said), but then I lost 4 stones which was needed but has left my face and neck a bit saggy ! Health over vanity I know, but it's hard to look in the mirror ! I'm thinking about some sort of cosmetic surgery, Botox doesn't work on the neck.

AK has been extremely ill for years and I think that aggressive treatment plays havoc with your skin, nails and hair. I think she looks fab considering.

Noooooooo! EM don't go down the cosmetic surgery route, the risks aren't worth it. Every time you look at your neck be proud, that's your badge of honour for losing all that weight which is incredibly hard to do, and you did it, congratulations. :mysmilie_3:

My cousin who sadly died in June lost her hair, her toe nails were awful as were her fingernails and chemo affected her teeth. She had breast, then ovarian, then were her womb had been and finally brain cancer.

For Julius to make such an unpleasant remark about Alison is uncalled for. He needs to be thankful he hasn't had to go through chemo.

My cousin who sadly died in June lost her hair, her toe nails were awful as were her fingernails and chemo affected her teeth. She had breast, then ovarian, then were her womb had been and finally brain cancer.

For Julius to make such an unpleasant remark about Alison is uncalled for. He needs to be thankful he hasn't had to go through chemo.

That's why I said what I did, I've known from friends and colleagues what a toll the treatments take. I think she's extremely brace to carry on in that job knowing that most viewers know about her ops.

I think AK's skin isn't helped by her over fondness of sunbathing.

I'm 66 and my neck, décolletage, and shoulders are the best (in truth the only) parts of my body I am happy with for some unknown reason they are wrinkle free.

I wonder if I could get the skin there transplanted/ pulled over to my kisser?

I agree LATI. Alison's love affair with tanning and the state of her skin began long before her illness and treatment. I worked with someone who similarly loved the sun and she was around 2 years younger than me. Now that I'm freefalling towards 70, I've been complimented that I don't look near 60 let alone 70, whereas my work colleague has wrinkled skin and aged beyond measure.

On another tac, I see the shell pink blouse that Ali is currently wearing on the diamonique show, is the same one that Ultrasun Abby wears when she wants to look 'soft and lovely' when promoting her skin care. Clearly shoes/sandals aren't the only items the staff share.

I think that the neck is the first to show signs of age, that and the dreaded bingo wing and lined décolleté.

I think Ali k has always loved the sun and it's the price you pay.

I think she's a very elegant lady who can make the drabbest of outfits look great!

What a thoroughly unpleasant person you are

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's 'unpleasant' ! How do we know whether he's pleasant or not ? He may well be kind to his granny and takes in stray dogs and cats !

I agree he's forthright in his opinions, but aren't we all ? I'm as guilty as the next person when decrying the antics and looks of some of the presenters - and so are plenty more on here. I'm thinking of the flack Jill Franks gets.

Yes, all the presenters claim to use all the beauty products, and Julius is correct - most of them are not good adverts for the hair and body products if truth be told, and most of the plus size models shouldn't be allowed on air looking the way they do, but hey ho its what makes this site such fun - we can express our views whether they're agreed with or not !

I agree brissles her neck is mostly sun damage, AK must be partial to a game of Russian Roulette, as I've said in the past, she dodged a bullet once and to put herself in the line of fire again with all that sun and tanning is just plain stupid as far as I'm concerned, and that's from someone who had cervical cancer and a hysterectomy at just 28 years old.

Aw LP, I'm so sorry to hear that, how sad, sending you a *vitual hug*.

I think us old timers know that Julius loves nothing more than a good stir, and as the departed Kenny Everett said (not) in the best possible taste.

I don't know why people are getting so upset. I am just commenting on the stark difference between her neck and her face. I actually think she head and shoulders above the rest of the presenters, including Julia Roberts. It's just her face is too taut whereas her neck is so slack.

I bet loads of the presenters have had work done. I know there was a thread on it years ago.

I think Julius was just stating a fact really, there is a difference. You see it in many women who've had Botox, face lifts whatever. The hands as well as the neck tend to give the game away.
You can't blame her if she's had work done, the effects of treatment must have taken their toll & she always was, & still is, a very pretty woman.
It's more the likes of JF who annoy me when she " uses everything" but would do herself more of a favour if she put a bit of weight on & did something with her hair which just drags down her already long face.

I had a switch over last night to see this horror neck and actually it was not that bad. Alison loved to sunbathe for many years and this is what can happened.

Julius, shouldn't you be working? Don't your employers wonder about you spending so much time on a computer doing your own stuff instead of searching out world important items for the newspaper. You where being a trainee journalist(hack), up to the beginning of the year. You seem to be spending a lot of time watching QVC these past few weeks as well.

Oh Brissles, no he is not an animal lover as we found out in a number of threads.

I had a switch over last night to see this horror neck and actually it was not that bad. Alison loved to sunbathe for many years and this is what can happened.

Julius, shouldn't you be working? Don't your employers wonder about you spending so much time on a computer doing your own stuff instead of searching out world important items for the newspaper. You where being a trainee journalist(hack), up to the beginning of the year. You seem to be spending a lot of time watching QVC these past few weeks as well.

Oh Brissles, no he is not an animal lover as we found out in a number of threads.

That's true Donna, must be flying to "work". :mysmilie_15: also, the Dennis Bastardo card will be brought out soon to wind people up, or at least try to, were anyone who cares about unnecessary pain and suffering will be mocked and called "animal activists"..........almost Autumn so not long now. :mysmilie_17:

I think Julius was just stating a fact really, there is a difference. You see it in many women who've had Botox, face lifts whatever. The hands as well as the neck tend to give the game away.
You can't blame her if she's had work done, the effects of treatment must have taken their toll & she always was, & still is, a very pretty woman.
It's more the likes of JF who annoy me when she " uses everything" but would do herself more of a favour if she put a bit of weight on & did something with her hair which just drags down her already long face.
Jill Franks has aged badly in the last couple of years. I do not watch QVC anymore (no time) and I briefly switched on and there she was. She is living proof that all these beauty products cannot prevent the aging process.

Latest posts

Back