Alison Keenan's "tortoise" neck

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think Courtney is a lovely looking model - then I saw the other day her over shiny forehead, a sure sign of using Botox. She's not that old, and such a shame that she's had to resort to putting toxins in her body at a young age. (Sadly Tiffany is past the point of redemption !! I've often wondered if Tiffany is her real name, - would someone her age be called that ? she looks much more like a Jean or Margaret)

Aw LP, I'm so sorry to hear that, how sad, sending you a *vitual hug*.

Thank you so much, she was such a fighter and you never heard her complain. Her mum and dad both died in 1980 of cancer. She had the faulty BRCA gene, out of all of her cousins only my sister has inherited the faulty gene. Sorry go gear you had cervical cancer at such a young age.xxx

Thank you so much, she was such a fighter and you never heard her complain. Her mum and dad both died in 1980 of cancer. She had the faulty BRCA gene, out of all of her cousins only my sister has inherited the faulty gene. Sorry go gear you had cervical cancer at such a young age.xxx

She sounds like a lovely woman, cancer is horrible and doesn't care who or what age you are when it grabs hold. Thanks LP, that's very kind. xxx. :mysmilie_508:

I`m currently devastated because my lovely sister has recently been diagnosed with cancer. She has suffered so much in recent years because she developed a neurological disease about 15 years ago which has reduced her from a fit active woman to being disabled and last year she also had both hips replaced because of severe pain. As if that wasn`t enough for her to cope with, she has now been diagnosed with endometrial cancer which has broken through the womb.
She has her operation on 7th September and the surgeon has told her he`ll do a total hysterectomy and lymph node removal but until he operates he won`t know whether the cancer is just touching her bowel or has attached itself to the bowel and if it has, she`s to have most of her bowel removed and a colostomy bag fitted. Whatever the outcome she`ll still have to face the follow up treatment of either chemo, radiotherapy, drug therapy or a combination of them.
Is she maudlin, nope. Is she panicking, nope. Is she sitting crying all day,nope. In fact the only thing on her mind is the fact her son gets married on 23rd September and even though the hospital have told her she possibly won`t be well enough to attend the wedding, she told them that even if she had to discharge herself and be pushed there in her wheelchair, nobody not even and I quote her and pardon her French " that mother f*cking Cancer " will stop her from seeing her only son get married for the first time at the age of 44.
You go sis, you go girl !

Vienna your sister is an inspiration. You must be very proud of her & her great attitude to life. :star::happy:

my sister had grade 3 or 4 ovarian cancer i think it was 4. her doctors were never going to treat her so i took her to the hospital near me and said she was booked in. she wasn't but we did a sit in. she's had all her treatment long operation and her chemo

she's still here alive and well. vienna your sister will be fine and be at her sons wedding :wave:

my sister had grade 3 or 4 ovarian cancer i think it was 4. her doctors were never going to treat her so i took her to the hospital near me and said she was booked in. she wasn't but we did a sit in. she's had all her treatment long operation and her chemo

she's still here alive and well. vienna your sister will be fine and be at her sons wedding :wave:

They`ve told my sister hers is stage 3 but if it has grown into her bowel they will class it as stage 4. I have no doubt that come hell or high water she will be at her son`s wedding. She`s 69 and has waited a long time to see her son finally settled, he`s now 44 and he`s the last of her children to tie the knot.

I`m currently devastated because my lovely sister has recently been diagnosed with cancer. She has suffered so much in recent years because she developed a neurological disease about 15 years ago which has reduced her from a fit active woman to being disabled and last year she also had both hips replaced because of severe pain. As if that wasn`t enough for her to cope with, she has now been diagnosed with endometrial cancer which has broken through the womb.
She has her operation on 7th September and the surgeon has told her he`ll do a total hysterectomy and lymph node removal but until he operates he won`t know whether the cancer is just touching her bowel or has attached itself to the bowel and if it has, she`s to have most of her bowel removed and a colostomy bag fitted. Whatever the outcome she`ll still have to face the follow up treatment of either chemo, radiotherapy, drug therapy or a combination of them.
Is she maudlin, nope. Is she panicking, nope. Is she sitting crying all day,nope. In fact the only thing on her mind is the fact her son gets married on 23rd September and even though the hospital have told her she possibly won`t be well enough to attend the wedding, she told them that even if she had to discharge herself and be pushed there in her wheelchair, nobody not even and I quote her and pardon her French " that mother f*cking Cancer " will stop her from seeing her only son get married for the first time at the age of 44.
You go sis, you go girl !

Big hugs and kisses for your sister Vienna. That gutsy attitude of hers will help her along I am sure.xxx

I give thanks every day for my good health, I am a year older than your Sister Vienna & join everyone else in wishing her well. Her attitude is a inspiration to us all and a lesson in not taking anything for granted.SFXX

These heartbreaking posts put our daily whinging into perspective-

I know I speak for all when I say well done to those who have come through, wishing those presently going through it the very best wishes and virtual support and for those who have loved ones who have lost the battle our condolences and hugs.

Can I just say my thoughts are with all of you who are not well, or have friends or family battling illnesses. Sending you love and strength to battle on and win through. x

Life certainly is cruel, love to everyone who's suffering right now, either with an illness itself or watching a loved one suffer, my heart goes out to each and every one of you.

If she's been seriously ill for years (which I wasn't aware of) then she's probably had other things on her mind than whether her neck looks lined or not. Credit to her, in my book, for continuing to work while all that has been going on in her life, she's one brave lady. Having said that, as you've already said, Botox is not going to work on the neck - and the hands are a dead give-away as you get older, too. Personally, I think the one cancels out the other - if you are going to have Botox on your face and look smooth and unlined, but still have an older person's neck and hands, what's the point? Doesn't it draw even more attention to the other areas? Each to their own, but I don't like the idea of it and from what I've seen of the celebs who have had it done - and let's face it, they can afford the best cosmetic people to work on them - then I'll pass, as I don't fancy the idea of not being able to smile or sneeze. Just caught sight of Trinny Woodall in the newspaper today - oh my gawd...
My neck's like that now and I'm 62 in Sept. looking back I always looked after my face and hands but not neck. Until 4 years ago I looked younger than my 58 years (so everyone said), but then I lost 4 stones which was needed but has left my face and neck a bit saggy ! Health over vanity I know, but it's hard to look in the mirror ! I'm thinking about some sort of cosmetic surgery, Botox doesn't work on the neck.

AK has been extremely ill for years and I think that aggressive treatment plays havoc with your skin, nails and hair. I think she looks fab considering.

Vienna, your sister is one brave lady, total inspiration. Sincerely hoping that all goes well in Sept. and things are better than they seem when it comes to it. Hugs and loads of positive thoughts coming your way - and to your lovely sister, of course.

So sorry to hear this, shopperholic, and what a terrible thing you went through so early in life. Can't speak for anyone else, but it reminds me again not to complain about trifling things, but to be grateful for life itself.
I agree brissles her neck is mostly sun damage, AK must be partial to a game of Russian Roulette, as I've said in the past, she dodged a bullet once and to put herself in the line of fire again with all that sun and tanning is just plain stupid as far as I'm concerned, and that's from someone who had cervical cancer and a hysterectomy at just 28 years old.

So sorry to hear this, shopperholic, and what a terrible thing you went through so early in life. Can't speak for anyone else, but it reminds me again not to complain about trifling things, but to be grateful for life itself.

Aw thanks h, and yes you're right, you never know what's round the corner. :mysmilie_3: xxx

I don't actually think she has had botox, but fillers in her cheeks. It was the new thing which started a few years back. The idea being the young have plump round cheeks. So then all the celebs started getting it done. Alison's face does move which if it where botox would not happen.

The model Poirot (y'know who I mean), has also complained of her own wrinkly neck. Much is made of creaming the neck when putting the slap on your face, but its also a good idea when exfoliating face and neck to slather the back of your hands too - it does make a huge difference.

A lot of younger slebs have succumbed to Botox, but this has resulted in 'cat eyes' which is awful. And anyway, no amount of botox or fillers can disguise the fact that you cannot stop the ageing of the eyes themselves - rheumy eyes look b/awful on a stretched face.

Latest posts

Back