Alpha H... No thanks !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Alpha H order arrived very quickly so tried it that same night.Didn't use the liquid gold just put the reguvinating cream on before going to bed, had to get out of bed again to wash my face as it felt as if it was on fire,not just a tingly sensation as I expected but a horrible burning feeling which I could still feel the next day.I will have to return it.a shame because I really wanted it to work for me after reading all the good reviews.I give up!

alison young has a saying double dose.cream your neck when applying body lotion and bring your face cream down your neck.

i also do neck excersizes every day. even though i have lost my own body weight again in weight loss my neck is very good.

neck and chest slackening are usually sun damage so prevention is better than cure.

sadly so is genetics. lol!

boffy my lovely.......didnt she & andrew from gatinea say that you take your throat cream down to your bust line [ cant spell 'decollitare' ] . & then take your face cream down over your neck. or vice versa .. BUT could be my dead ears not hearing what they said properly BUT point is to double up like you said......[ or is that SPEND DOUBLE THE MONEY ]

having never watched an Alpha H show (thought it was for ageing skin) I may as well try this range. I have adult acne and nothing at all is helping with the spots. Anyone recommend what routine i should use. xx

having never watched an Alpha H show (thought it was for ageing skin) I may as well try this range. I have adult acne and nothing at all is helping with the spots. Anyone recommend what routine i should use. xx

When I first tried Alpha H for troubled angry outbreaks that I couldn't do anything with, there was a discovery collection set available with 4-5 items included. I didn't notice it under the Alpha range at the moment but the 4-piece fresh start collection at a 'try me price' would probably do. It's similar. Directions come with the products and are a good guide as to what to do.

Alpha helped me a great deal. Everyone is different and I hope if you order it that it helps you too. :sun:

The five piece day and night kit is excellent and has everything u need to get started...i think it is also on two easy pays at the mo which is a bonus. U will prob feel a lot of tingle to start with but over the next few days it does lessen. I have adult acne too (or should i say 'had') and this range has worked so well for me to the point where i don't even have a single blemish...hope this works for you catlady :mysmilie_19:

Thank you both so much, off to order it. Will let you know how i get on. Thanks again, xx

I've just received the Fresh Start collection, really good value I think and it was still on the website after they said the introductory price had finished so worth looking for. I'm just finishing up a pot of PCMC so once thats gone I'll be using the Alpha H. Really looking forward to trying it, I've put off buying it for years but the reviews speak for themselves.

Tx

I've used Liquid Gold for a couple of years now, I don't find it any good for spots or oily skin but I use it for one spot of skin discolouration from the sun. It works really well for that but as soon as I stop using it it returns again. I use salicylic acid which I find is much better for controlling spots, I buy it cheaply on fleabay.

Do NOT use Alpha H on sensitive skin.
I wouldn't be without it on my face but on my neck it brings me out in a rash.

What is Salicylic acid. Thats a new one on me. Thought i had tried just about everything for spots but have never heard of this. Any help please.

What is Salicylic acid. Thats a new one on me. Thought i had tried just about everything for spots but have never heard of this. Any help please.

Hi CAtlady
Its used in lots of spot treatments and skincare generally, philosophy use it quite a bit in their products targetted at spot prone skins

It is from willow bark so a naturally derived ingredient I'm sure its related to asprin too and know peeps can have allergies to it

Here is a wiki link, haven't read it but hope its helpful :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid

Thanks for that Tia, Do you buy it it liquid form or a cream. Can you tell im desperate for something that helps.

Thanks for that Tia, Do you buy it it liquid form or a cream. Can you tell im desperate for something that helps.

Hi Catlady

I think its more of an active ingredient in a product rather than something you would buy as a single item

sesderma do a salicyclic acid range

I think a lot of the oxy type pharmacy products contain it too

It is meant to be good for clearing out pores and keeping them clear, I used the oxy spot treatments but personally didn't find them effective when my acne was most active, I used philosophy's help me too which I didn't find effective either, I can't use alpha h as my skin is soooo reactive.

Salicyclic acid is also described as a BHA so beta hydroxy acid which I think a lot of the alpha h range contains

My acne was only ever really controlled by long term ( about 8 years) of antibiotics and the pill which I still take for acne skins (and mahoosive usage of retin a gel) and ageing too means its calmed but I have other skin issues now too and if I stop the pil the acne flares quite badly but I no longer have it constantly there on my face, neck, tops of arms, back and chest.

I reckon someone much more knowledgable will be along soon

Good luck

You can make a mini mask to dry out a spot overnight by dropping water on to a soluble aspirin to make a paste and applying to the offending area; we used to do this when I was at school (many years ago).

Jude xx

Have never tried that jude, will give it a go. Have heard of Retin A gel. Wonder if i can get that on fleabay. thanks Ladies, this post is helping me out so much. Now off to see if i can get the retin A gel. xx

Many swear by the famous asprin mask which you can make at home.

Crush six uncoated asprins in a bowl and add a small amount of water until it forms a paste then apply to face for 10 minutes.

I developed raging acne at 45 thank you very much! And it was a nightmare. I looked like someone has stuck big red smarties just under my skin all over my neck and chin. Very fetching.

Trouble was that not only did I have the acne my skin suddenly turned supersensitive as well so i couldn't use any treatments or creams on it either. Several months of antibiotics did calm it all down but at it's worst I couldn't even use E45 on my face. I could only use aqueous cream or doublebase as a cleanser and moisturiser.

After it calmed down a bit the Elemis SOS cream was good and I still use that for the odd break out.

And thankfully now my skin is more or less back to it's normal happy self. I have used liquid gold to try and help with the scarring and although it feels great I don't notice any major difference, but then again nothing is going to shift angry red acne scars overnight. And I would never have dared use it when my acne was bad.

A year on from my last bad batch and the scarring is really fading fast. That may or may not be down to the liquid gold. I was also prescribed hydrocortisone to help with the scaring and very dry skin I was left with. I still have one patch of "difficult" skin on my jawline that is slightly red and rough.

I think anything is worth a try Catlady. I really hope Alpha H helps you because acne is such a difficult thing to cope with. It's such an every day problem really but when you have to literally face it every day it is such hard work.

I went from a confident outgoing woman who to some degree hid behind her pretty face to someone who wanted to put a bag over her head.

There is information about salicylic acid on Bravura http://www.bravuralondon.com/skin-peels/salicylic-acid.html and you can buy small sizes and different strengths to see how you get on. Bravura also sell lactic acid and glycolic acid. http://www.bravuralondon.com/skin-peels.html There are products for different types of skin under the 'Cleanse' 'Tone' and 'Treatment' categories too btw.

I haven't ordered from Bravura myself yet, but I just thought I'd mention an alternative source. I do realise that a major consideration is that QVC will refund your money if you don't get on with the product of course.

Last edited:
Also another supplier mentioned on here many moons ago which I tried and had good results from is http://www.brintherapy.com/Brintherapy/Welcome.html - they seem to have changed some of the lines since I last purchased but they look more similar to Alpha H.

Can't use salicylic acid based products myself with not being able to take Aspirin, recommend glycolic based ones for people with same problems.

Have never tried that jude, will give it a go. Have heard of Retin A gel. Wonder if i can get that on fleabay. thanks Ladies, this post is helping me out so much. Now off to see if i can get the retin A gel. xx

Catlady, I'm pretty sure retin a gel is prescription only (it was when I had it) prescribed by a derm I saw for my acne. It has to be used with caution too, I used so much on the acne on the tops of my arms I had burns that bled so were so deep (I was so desperate to cure my acne) I got royally told off for using too much, I've got some light scarring (?sp) there now too, it is very good though. Have you been to your GP.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back