Am I Being Mean

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yet, out of the 4 reviews, 3 are five stars:unsure:

The questions someone asking if the case is leather. One answer saying yes grain leather, but others say no it is not leather. 😂

I didn't spot the crystal nail file in there at first.
I looked at the other reviews the 5* trio had given... Lord love a duck, effusive or what! Chop them in half & they'd have QVC running through them like rings in a tree. Easily pleased in my book.

Is it a mistake? It’s unbelievable. Qvc have a strange relationship with beauty bags. The tili bag from their last kit is now a single item at around £18. All these bits can be had much cheaper elsewhere. Who on earth would buy this?
Queen Julia is on the video for this during a beauty spectacular & the Event price was £49.99, so I'd say it isn't a mistake. Daisy & JR were in raptures over the case - "It's all about the case", "Gorgeous, very luxe manicure case", "Premium quality", "Amazing, pearlescent pink in a grained leather finish". Blah, blah blah. Actually it's plastic, you can dress it up all you like but it's made in nasty manmade plastic & was churned out by the thousand.

Crikey that price is a rip off especially as the case is plastic.
These bags below are real leather and another 20% discount with code PCB20 , buy some nail stuff from TK Maxx and Bob`s your uncle, better quality, real leather and for less than half the price.

Couldn't agree more ! Elderly, bony witches hands do look gross with talons - and I also wonder how clean the natural nails are underneath (ugh!) as for the French polish square nails, they equally look awful - a couple of presenters on IW do a great production with their hands when presenting the items, so all we see are those ****** awful nails .

I read that ladies in the Royal Family are discouraged from wearing coloured varnish (Meghan's faux pax - one of many 🤭 ), and that edict works perfectly - we never see Kate or the rest flashing long talons in fuchsia pink, but always have lovely nails nevertheless.
The Queen wears Essie ballet slippers and has done for years that’s why Essie don’t discontinue it. The female royals wear it too if not going eau naturelle.

The Queen wears Essie ballet slippers and has done for years that’s why Essie don’t discontinue it. The female royals wear it too if not going eau naturelle.
Superdrug have Essie on offer at the moment, 3 for the price of 2 plus a free cleansing cloth.

I looked at the other reviews the 5* trio had given... Lord love a duck, effusive or what! Chop them in half & they'd have QVC running through them like rings in a tree. Easily pleased in my book.
After reading this, I tootled off for a look as well.
I am loving the fact that one of the reviewers is using the Hotel Chocolate Velvetiser for making her Oxo gravy in.
I do hope the taste doesn’t transfer……😝

Don't know if anyone here lives in Yorkshire, but at Junction 32 (Castleford) there is a large beauty shop. Loads of nail polishes, OPI are £6.99, Nails Inc and Essie are £3.99 each. There are lots more a lot cheaper, I usually get my polishes from there. I got an excellent quick drying top coat just a Sally Hansen one (£1.99), cheap as chips and it dries in seconds and the shine is superb. I have long nails and do paint them regularly, but can't be doing with seeing women with them squared off edges or long pointy things, especially if they are falsies. Just horrible. But I think I am probably just old fashioned these days.

Superdrug have Essie on offer at the moment, 3 for the price of 2 plus a free cleansing cloth.
Essie is the best polish going, IMHO
I only use polish in my toes, but I have them done every two weeks, and only use Essie.
I have bottles I’ve been using for over 6 years and they are still as good as new. Really good quality, reasonable price, and very often on offer

Well I wouldn’t pay big prices for any beauty staples but then I’m not into it. Unperfumed suitable for sensitive skin is all I need.

I don’t believe it! 🤔
Not for one minute so simple as a pan and spoon. 😂
Me neither...I reckon he's got this
1629227628985.png

I don’t believe it! 🤔
Not for one minute so simple as a pan and spoon. 😂
I do get OH to stir it when I spoon the Tesco own brand gravy granules in, as I can't multi task.

Then I take over the stirring duty until it thickens and doesn't move any more ;)

Me neither...I reckon he's got thisView attachment 21939
I was EXTREMELY tempted, but most of my pans were non-stick.

Couldn't agree more ! Elderly, bony witches hands do look gross with talons - and I also wonder how clean the natural nails are underneath (ugh!) as for the French polish square nails, they equally look awful - a couple of presenters on IW do a great production with their hands when presenting the items, so all we see are those ****** awful nails .

I read that ladies in the Royal Family are discouraged from wearing coloured varnish (Meghan's faux pax - one of many 🤭 ), and that edict works perfectly - we never see Kate or the rest flashing long talons in fuchsia pink, but always have lovely nails nevertheless.
I don't usually watch nail shows, because I keep my nails short and natural. But I noticed the exorbitant price of these varnishes. The brand ambassador, a lovely looking young woman, has a dreadful way of pronouncing 'nail' as 'nile' as in the river. Gets my goat.

Checkout your local TKMaxx they always have loads of OPI usually around £3.99-4.99. Also, Essie a brand I love and CIATE the latter QVC used to sell at around the same price.

Latest posts

Back