Am I Being Mean

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, you're being sensible & logical. It's a ridiculous amount of money when the two products can be bought for £30, but what can we expect when people post reviews spouting drivel like this?

The opi case is a lovely shade of pink, well made and stylish.

I received my manicure case this morning, i am very pleased with this case, its well made, zips are nice and smooth and case its self not to heavy.

I just cant get over the price of this maybe I am behind the times and a Fuddy Duddy. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong https://www.qvcuk.com/OPI-Treatment-Collection-with-Manicure-Case.product.244158.html?sc=SRCH
Mean? Absolutely not!!! The price is completely and utterly ridiculous. I've not been into my nails since the 70's and 80's when I kept them long, and manicured and never left home without them being varnished, usually in some whacky 80's colour. I'd buy the base coat, top coat, ridge filler and my colours from Avon and they'd cost a couple of quid a pop. Parenthood came along, and bang went my nails - I kept them clean and short and painted them on special ocassions. Nowadays, there seems to be an obssession with fake nails, gels, horrible square shaping, nasty little points and a whole host of different (expensive) products you can buy - A far cry from my old emery board, orange stick and a slick of cheap varnish! Nail bars weren't a thing back in my day. Going off at a tangent, a couple of ladies at work started visiting nail bars a few years back, they were older ladies (I'm not saying there should be an age limit on beauty products) BUT imo the horrible clacky nails they ended up with looked a bit out of place on them and would've been more suited to one of those aftershave adverts of the 80's with the long red talons caressing a guy's doormat of a chest!
I work with food so I'm not allowed to wear nail polish and long nails are discouraged, so I keep them short and ocassionally paint them, I some times use a clear varnish to make them look shiny.
Nail envy might well be a good product if you have troublesome nails, but it's far too pricey imo and to spend that sort of money to get a silly little case to put it in and a nail file - I don't get it!!

Last edited:
OPI aren't cruelty free so I don't even look at their products. I've written on here several times about the single ply tissue paper Mother Nature substituted for the fingernails I should have been given & they receive the same level of protection afforded the Crown Jewels! I anoint them with Burts Bees balm, use Beauty Without Cruelty's hardener & have several crystal files. I've got a number of small cases, boxes & even tins to put beauty items in when we go on holiday so even when I was a Q shopper these 'complete the look' Made In China items didn't impress me.

Considering the fact that I got a bottle of Nail Envy from eBay for £8.50, the item is grossly overpriced as it means that the file and case are over £50 if you factor in the P&P as well.

You’re certainly not being mean. They are being ridiculous charging that price but, sadly, a lot of people, who think that QVC is the only place that sells anything, will be sucked in.

I’ve never paid more than a tenner for nail envy. I bought the offer they had with four in a nice box, which was good value. I’ve used nail envy for years, .my nails aren’t brilliant, but I always thought that maybe they would be a lot worse if I didn’t use it. Anyway, my love affair with nail envy is coming to an end. I’ve thought for some time, after watching nails inc. that I might try nail kale. I was in TK Maxx a few weeks ago, and lo and behold they had it for £3.99! I bought a couple and I must say I’ve really seen an improvement in the condition of my peeling ridged nails in just a couple of weeks.

I’ve never paid more than a tenner for nail envy. I bought the offer they had with four in a nice box, which was good value. I’ve used nail envy for years, .my nails aren’t brilliant, but I always thought that maybe they would be a lot worse if I didn’t use it. Anyway, my love affair with nail envy is coming to an end. I’ve thought for some time, after watching nails inc. that I might try nail kale. I was in TK Maxx a few weeks ago, and lo and behold they had it for £3.99! I bought a couple and I must say I’ve really seen an improvement in the condition of my peeling ridged nails in just a couple of weeks.
Ooh I might give that a go, thanks for the heads up!

In my opinion nails Inc kale is superior to opi nail envy. In fact I also prefer their polishes too as I feel they last much longer on my nails. If you are really into your nails I would go directly to their website and swerve qvc because unless it's a tsv or big deal (like current offering) the prices are often very similar, and if you're buying multiple products you're not paying extortionate p&p on every purchased item (which is my major bug bear with qvc) and usually it's free delivery over a set amount anyway (£30).

Is it a mistake? It’s unbelievable. Qvc have a strange relationship with beauty bags. The tili bag from their last kit is now a single item at around £18. All these bits can be had much cheaper elsewhere. Who on earth would buy this?

Yet, out of the 4 reviews, 3 are five stars:unsure:

The questions someone asking if the case is leather. One answer saying yes grain leather, but others say no it is not leather. 😂

I didn't spot the crystal nail file in there at first.

I saw this a while back and like you was shocked at the price. I wondered if it might be an upcoming TSV which by law they had to have shown it at an inflated price for a certain amount of time b4 they could offer us an "amazing offer price"???

Mean? Absolutely not!!! The price is completely and utterly ridiculous. I've not been into my nails since the 70's and 80's when I kept them long, and manicured and never left home without them being varnished, usually in some whacky 80's colour. I'd buy the base coat, top coat, ridge filler and my colours from Avon and they'd cost a couple of quid a pop. Parenthood came along, and bang went my nails - I kept them clean and short and painted them on special ocassions. Nowadays, there seems to be an obssession with fake nails, gels, horrible square shaping, nasty little points and a whole host of different (expensive) products you can buy - A far cry from my old emery board, orange stick and a slick of cheap varnish! Nail bars weren't a thing back in my day. Going off at a tangent, a couple of ladies at work started visiting nail bars a few years back, they were older ladies (I'm not saying there should be an age limit on beauty products) BUT imo the horrible clacky nails they ended up with looked a bit out of place on them and would've been more suited to one of those aftershave adverts of the 80's with the long red talons caressing a guy's doormat of a chest!
I work with food so I'm not allowed to wear nail polish and long nails are discouraged, so I keep them short and ocassionally paint them, I some times use a clear varnish to make them look shiny.
Nail envy might well be a good product if you have troublesome nails, but it's far too pricey imo and to spend that sort of money to get a silly little case to put it in and a nail file - I don't get it!!

Couldn't agree more ! Elderly, bony witches hands do look gross with talons - and I also wonder how clean the natural nails are underneath (ugh!) as for the French polish square nails, they equally look awful - a couple of presenters on IW do a great production with their hands when presenting the items, so all we see are those ****** awful nails .

I read that ladies in the Royal Family are discouraged from wearing coloured varnish (Meghan's faux pax - one of many 🤭 ), and that edict works perfectly - we never see Kate or the rest flashing long talons in fuchsia pink, but always have lovely nails nevertheless.

Latest posts

Back