Amazon puts QVC to shame

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Third now Andi, that's why they don't bang on about it every ten seconds like they used to, no doubt next year they'll be fourth, maybe fifth or sixth, possibly seventh, I'm going with seventh.

I bet fibby flint had all her arsebook friends voting with the promise of freebies and this is probably the only reason they are so high.:mysmilie_17:

I am extremely dubious about any claims on customer service rankings. None of us know the method used to measure this, nor how they identify people to take part in any survey (if that's what they do). We don't know the questions asked (if any). We don't know who pays for and runs this particular customer service measurement activity either. We also don't know the details in whatever press release , just what the papers who report it have chosen to quote. It is far to obscure and incomplete for me to have any faith whatsoever.

I rely on my own experiences with companies, or those whose judgement I respect, not what is reported in the media.

For me, my top three national companies for customer service are Lakeland, JLP (John Lewis/Waitrose) and Amazon. For going the extra mile, based on my own experience the top performer would be Lakeland every time.

Interestingly, I had a free 30 day trial of Prime a year or two back, which I cancelled before it became chargeable. I wonder if they think I am still a Prime customer, as since then, my packages nearly always arrive within a day or two, and often have the black 'Prime' sealing tape on them. I checked my account, and I definitely do not currently have Prime membership. I'm not complaining, I think Amazon's service is fantastic!

Third now Andi, that's why they don't bang on about it every ten seconds like they used to, no doubt next year they'll be fourth, maybe fifth or sixth, possibly seventh, I'm going with seventh.

Ah, you are right. Actually, thinking about it, wasn't the third ranking a while ago so they probably already slipped down?

I have had deliveries from both and both are just as quick. The good thing about getting stuff from Amazon themselves is that usually its all in one package so everything comes at once.

Y'see, QVC, that's how Amazon beat you hands down on delivery costs (and convenience). How hard is it to package different items together and give us a break from your extortionate P&P charges??!

Andi it was sold by Amazon. I had several head banging conversations and emails to them trying to get them to send the item out to me - I think I aged a few years as well. Usually if I buy from the marketplace the items arrive very quickly. The thing is all my orders for ages have taken a long time to despatch - I really don't know why.

That's such a shame because many of us know how brilliant they can be. I think the longest anything has taken to reach me was 10 days - from China - but I was warned before I ordered and it was so ridiculously cheap that I didn't care.

Don't give up on them (if you haven't already).

I have Prime and use Amazon a lot - mainly for books but also others items such as cat food, stationary, toys, the odd unusual grocery item, Kipling bags, beauty products...the delivery service is great but what I would say is that on QVC you do get to see much more of whatever you are buying, and hear about it etc ( even if the presenters do exaggerate) than on Amazon. However, often when I have bought something once from QVC if I want to repurchase Look to see what the price is on Amazon. Just ordered a pair of Emu slippers that I first bought from QVC a few years ago but the pair I have now ordered from Amazon are £17 cheaper and no P and P.

I am extremely dubious about any claims on customer service rankings. None of us know the method used to measure this, nor how they identify people to take part in any survey (if that's what they do). We don't know the questions asked (if any). We don't know who pays for and runs this particular customer service measurement activity either. We also don't know the details in whatever press release , just what the papers who report it have chosen to quote. It is far to obscure and incomplete for me to have any faith whatsoever.

I rely on my own experiences with companies, or those whose judgement I respect, not what is reported in the media.

For me, my top three national companies for customer service are Lakeland, JLP (John Lewis/Waitrose) and Amazon. For going the extra mile, based on my own experience the top performer would be Lakeland every time.

My top three too.

And I agree about awards and rankings - could be very dodgy. I am pretty sure the original QVC one, when they were second, was run by some obscure marketing company I had never heard of.

This morning around 6.30 I ordered 6 items from Amazon. In have just had that last despatch confirmation so all are on the way. Postage was free. Beat the QVC expensive snail mail:mysmilie_59:

I ordered 2 items yesterday with free postage, received them today.

Ah, you are right. Actually, thinking about it, wasn't the third ranking a while ago so they probably already slipped down?

I've just been digging around re "awards". QVC themselves say:

QVC voted 5th most trusted brand in Britain

We beat the likes of Amazon, Virgin Atlantic and Waitrose to be named the fifth most trusted brand in a recent customer insights poll, proving we are a force to be reckoned with and a brand our customers can trust.

Award-winning Customer Care team

Our dedicated Customer Care team have a lot to celebrate after being recognised at the 2014 Top 50 Companies for Customer Services Awards, where we came 1st in Social Media Customer Service and in the top 20 for Customer Service calls.

The awards are based solely on mystery shopper results over a three month period, and we were up against tough competition: Asda, Barclaycard, Sky, British Gas, JP Morgan, Virgin and ITV.

This is on their website under Corporate Facts. The Customer Services Award was 2014 but they don't say when they came 5th in Most Trusted Brand, or who conducted the surveys.

We beat the likes of Amazon, Virgin Atlantic and Waitrose to be named the fifth most trusted brand in a recent customer insights poll, proving we are a force to be reckoned with and a brand our customers can trust.

Our dedicated Customer Care team have a lot to celebrate after being recognised at the 2014 Top 50 Companies for Customer Services Awards, where we came 1st in Social Media Customer Service and in the top 20 for Customer Service calls.

The awards are based solely on mystery shopper results over a three month period, and we were up against tough competition: Asda, Barclaycard, Sky, British Gas, JP Morgan, Virgin and ITV.

This is on their website under Corporate Facts. The Customer Services Award was 2014 but they don't say when they came 5th in Most Trusted Brand, or who conducted the surveys.

The quotes bear out, for me, my hesitation in taking these at face value. I would give slightly more credance to indepentent mystery shopper exercises than polls... but if one of the things they get points for in their social media customer service is ending every reply with a kiss, then that has no credibility.

The quotes bear out, for me, my hesitation in taking these at face value. I would give slightly more credance to indepentent mystery shopper exercises than polls... but if one of the things they get points for in their social media customer service is ending every reply with a kiss, then that has no credibility.

That kiss sign-off thing annoys me to death. It says "please don't shout at me".

I have to confess, I have always found the telephone customer service people pleasant so, if asked, would score them quite highly for being "nice". Where they have discretion, they have been reasonable about refunding P&P for serious delays and minor damage to parcels too. As often discussed on here, though, they are hampered by the antiquated QVC policies and lack of information. Not their fault but overall it doesn't give a great impression so if I were scoring QVC CS on their actual delivery of the service, it would probably be low.

I bet fibby flint had all her arsebook friends voting with the promise of freebies and this is probably the only reason they are so high.:mysmilie_17:

Yeah, I bet Fibby threatened to make them read one of her slutty "novels" if they didn't. :mysmilie_15:

QVC is crap compared to Amazon and Argos.

I have Amazon Prime and I love the superfast service. You get other features with the package too.

Argos delivering the same day is awesome too and p&p is less than QVC. QVC is a complete and utter rip-off merchant, in comparison.

Interestiong, I was one of those mystery shoppers and in my opinion and experience in that program QVC didn't do well, British Gas were the best company I contacted. Of course, now I have said I am a mystery shopper I am going to have to kill all of you...:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_11:

Interestiong, I was one of those mystery shoppers and in my opinion and experience in that program QVC didn't do well, British Gas were the best company I contacted. Of course, now I have said I am a mystery shopper I am going to have to kill all of you...:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_11:

:mysmilie_11: :mysmilie_17:

Great thread ! I use Amazon Prime as well as many other on line stores. Don't mind paying for prime as we do watch the TV/Movies. I live 10 miles from the city and with the oat of petrol and parking Prime is great for me. Also my hushed doesn't keep well and walking can be a problem for him. So I know the delivery guys very well.

I have reduced my QVC spend this year, although quite a few TSVs have been very good this past few months so I've kinda given in a bit.

Also use a money back shopping site and just claimed back £217.

another vote for amazon, I don't have prime but received a package today which I had to return. printed a returns label and posted it this afternoon. Had an e-mail from Amazon this evening my refund is back in my account. QVC can take up to 3 weeks.

What is it with this country? Why shouldn't we get excellent service as standard? Yes all the companies you have mentioned are very good and that should be the norm.I read 'Which' and contribute to their surveys, and often go with their recommendations.
Another company who are IMO at the top of their game (different service sector!) are Worcester Bosch who service my boiler, straight though on the phone, knowledgeable operators and if an Engineer is required they aim where possible for the same day.
There should be more 'naming and shaming' as some people need a kick you know where.
(I could rant forever, just at the moment I am in a situation which has been in some aspects far from satisfactory)

in america the service is beyond and beyond. good prices and staff who know thier product

Latest posts

Back