Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I lampoon the presenters unmercifully on this forum, but I tend to keep away from the appearance aspect of things unless I feel someone is completely deluded in their self-view, and then I'll make a point in my own 'YolandaWorld' kind of way.
I have to say, though, that in terms of gnashers and what can and cannot be done to improve their appearance, there is nothing that can lighten the colour of teeth damaged by certain medications, so if Anne has had successful cosmetic dental work, then her teeth were just stained and not the result of health issues. I freely admit that my gnashers are now irreparably discoloured due to life-long asthma meds and antibiotics, and the unfortunate effects of certain cancer drugs, and much as I would like to have whiter teeth, it's just not possible. Having said that, I would never have the unnatural pearly whites so beloved of Z-List 'celebrities', because like the ridiculous breast implants the same Z-list females have, they look ridiculously unreal and, to my mind, unattractive, since they're much whiter than any natural tooth colour, and just look like the veneers they are.

I lampoon the presenters unmercifully on this forum, but I tend to keep away from the appearance aspect of things unless I feel someone is completely deluded in their self-view, and then I'll make a point in my own 'YolandaWorld' kind of way.
I have to say, though, that in terms of gnashers and what can and cannot be done to improve their appearance, there is nothing that can lighten the colour of teeth damaged by certain medications, so if Anne has had successful cosmetic dental work, then her teeth were just stained and not the result of health issues. I freely admit that my gnashers are now irreparably discoloured due to life-long asthma meds and antibiotics, and the unfortunate effects of certain cancer drugs, and much as I would like to have whiter teeth, it's just not possible. Having said that, I would never have the unnatural pearly whites so beloved of Z-List 'celebrities', because like the ridiculous breast implants the same Z-list females have, they look ridiculously unreal and, to my mind, unattractive, since they're much whiter than any natural tooth colour, and just look like the veneers they are.

Not suggesting you should inflict this on yourself, although since you're not doing anything much besides being afflicted by serious chronic medical problems, but really good dental implants are freaking fabulous. I've seen some where there were even some slight quirks incorporated and unless you knew you would never guess they were fakes, just very well cared for real ones.
My toofs are screwed up too from the roids and antibiotics but as I can't take painkillers I will not be entertaining even the odd fantasy of implants so for once poverty is not the only reason:rock:

Not suggesting you should inflict this on yourself, although since you're not doing anything much besides being afflicted by serious chronic medical problems, but really good dental implants are freaking fabulous. I've seen some where there were even some slight quirks incorporated and unless you knew you would never guess they were fakes, just very well cared for real ones.
My toofs are screwed up too from the roids and antibiotics but as I can't take painkillers I will not be entertaining even the odd fantasy of implants so for once poverty is not the only reason:rock:

Yes, but you two aren't on TV so it doesn't matter. Bottom line is this, Anne could not work on QVC America the state her teeth were in, not that the US is the standard by which everything should be judged, but if you're in the business of trying to sell people things and communicating with your whole face, does not matter what fancy hairstyle you rock or how much Laura Geller you wear, if your teeth look like a row of condemmed houses, that is all people are gonna focus on.
Ok, when I say "people", I should just speak for myself really, coz some folk won't care-and that's fair enough, but for me teeth are important, I'm not that bothered about fat, imperfect skin, dodgy hair-a number of other things folks might get up in arms about, but for me, teeth are IT.

Also, I think LoveHeart mentioned something along the lines of... "I doubt very much that she pays attention to what is written on this forum". That may well be true but I GUARANTEE YOU that there will be someone at QVC whose sole job it is to monitor what is written on here. The info you can glean from here is worth a million pounds+ to QVC and by rights Graham should be a millionaire if he's not already, for the market research they are able to gather.

So even though I have no proof of this, I believe someone HAS had a word with Anne regarding her teeth. Coz believe me if they can chart a spike in sales of some Easy-yo, due to a presenter wearing a certain nail varnish or a pleasing hairstyle, do you think they are not gonna mention to a presenter( tactfully I hope) "that we would like if you get this done".

I think not.

Now, having said all that, I'll see Anne on air in a couple of days and nothing will have changed and I'll wonder what the OP was talking about.LOL

By the way, I do believe Julia Roberts had one of her snaggle toofs shaved down recently, as I've notice her Hannibal Lechter type slurping has quietened down.

Last edited:
I appeared quite frequently on TV, from the age of 12 onwards, admittedly not in the capacity of selling things, well, other than my work, that is, and I've never known of anyone being told to change their appearance, and would be very surprised if it happened, since it could easily lead to very expensive litigation. I doubt that Anne Dawson was told to do something about her teeth, anymore than the other presenters are told to do something about their weight/dress sense/presenting styles/hair/skin/you name it. What bothers one person won't bother another, so for every tooth comment garnered, I bet there are a few hundred weight comments about certain people being too heavy or too thin, and QVC are not going to try to enforce a particular look on their employees to please a few people who've made comments on a forum.
I'm not saying this in a defensive way because of my own gnashers, since I'm fortunate enough to be a reasonably good looking person, off-white teeth or not, but simply because QVC isn't that good a gig to make a person change their appearance in order to do a few hours selling every week.
I know that it's different in the States, but good teeth are pretty much de rigeur there whatever one's profession, and you can spot the usual Jerry Springer guests by their missing gnashers, perhaps denoting more than anything else their 'trailer trash' status.

As to my own teeth, they're good teeth - straight, strong, and in good nick - just not dazzling pearly whites, and judging by the company I kept in the States, and the media work I did, I'm thinking that they're probably nothing like my hyper-critical view of them. Um, as Kathy Tayler would say, perhaps it wasn't a particularly good comparison.

Shall we have a singalong instead?

Teeth For Two, And Two For Teeth
These Foolish Fangs Remind Me Of You
Try To Freeze It My Way
To All The Drills I've Loved Before
Don't Suck Back In Anger
It Only Happens When I Rinse With You
If You Were The Only Drill In The World
Among My Sou-veneers
Pearldrops Keep Falling On My Head
The Grinner Takes It All
Papa Don't Bleach